Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 08:18 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post

BLM is a platform, with clearly spelled out goals. It's not overly difficult to go to their website and read.
I did read it. Although they cleaned it up from years ago, it’s still talking about their goal to disrupt stable, two-parent homes (among other things). At least they took down all their hate about Israel and genocide.

The difference between this group and the KKK on the right is that 1) the KKK is a small group with few members and little impact and 2) we don’t have Republican mayors naming things the KKK Plaza and painting murals honoring them.

The Democrats have gone bat-**** crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2020, 08:18 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
There are a few people responding to me in this thread alone who have never read BLM's website, given the responses to what I'm saying. People call it marxist, for example, based on what two individuals said in a video, not based on anything from the organization's website.

Of course a church has a legal right to give away guns if it wants to, just as people have a legal right to protest in front of a church because they don't like the idea of a church of a supposedly peaceful religion giving away guns.
Besides said video, and the fact that they call eachother comrades on the BLM website, the entire language is a xerox copy of Critical Race Theory which is a neo-Marxist cesspool of fabricated drivel that states every white person is inherently bad and racist and will never do anything to help a black person. CRT states that systemic racism is everywhere and the only way to resolve it is to blow up the system. They view evidence, science and facts themselves as a "white" way of knowing

Critical Race Theory is a Victimization Cult

Old 07-07-2020, 08:22 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Please read what I write before replying. I addressed that in my previous response.

We were posting at the same time. Please look at the time of posts before chastising people.

Old 07-07-2020, 08:23 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Besides said video, and the fact that they call eachother comrades on the BLM website, the entire language is a xerox copy of Critical Race Theory which is a neo-Marxist cesspool of fabricated drivel that states every white person is inherently bad and racist and will never do anything to help a black person. CRT states that system racism is everywhere and teh only way to resolve is to blow up the system. They view science and facts themselves as a "white" way of knowing
How many people have you talked to in person at BLM events that align in any way to what you're saying?
The only place I hear anything close to this is in right wing echo chambers (such as this forum), honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I did read it. Although they cleaned it up from years ago, it’s still talking about their goal to disrupt stable, two-parent homes (among other things). At least they took down all their hate about Israel and genocide.

The difference between this group and the KKK on the right is that 1) the KKK is a small group with few members and little impact and 2) we don’t have Republican mayors naming things the KKK Plaza and painting murals honoring them.

The Democrats have gone bat-**** crazy.
So you are against the idea of extended family, community members, etc. helping to raise each others children as a community? I've yet to read anything hateful on BLM's website. Can you send me a link to where you see hateful wording?

Old 07-07-2020, 08:24 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,691,176 times
The church members really showed tremendous restraint in not fighting back against the ridiculous behavior of the protesters who were trying to instigate any way that they could think of.

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
How many people have you talked to in person at BLM events that align in any way to what you're saying?
The only place I hear anything close to this is in right wing echo chambers (such as this forum), honestly.
EVERY DAY - LITTERALLY - EVERY DAY

They are reciting the slogans fed to them by BLM Inc. in protests everywhere. I see this EVERY DAY in New York City. On Twitter you have to be in 100% in agreement with the doctrine or you get cancelled immediately, and forget about if you are public about it. The only actor with any balls is Terry Crews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
We were posting at the same time. Please look at the time of posts before chastising people.
I apologize, that was my fault. Since we cleared the air, we can ignore the incorrect assumption that the videos by BLM's founders have anything to do with the organization's current stance.

Old 07-07-2020, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
EVERY DAY - LITERALLY - EVERY DAY

They are reciting the slogans fed to them by BLM Inc. in protests everywhere. I see this EVERY DAY in New York City
When you've sat down and had a conversation with them, what have they said specifically to you?

Old 07-07-2020, 08:30 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
I apologize, that was my fault. Since we cleared the air, we can ignore the incorrect assumption that the videos by BLM's founders have anything to do with their current stance.
We haven't cleared the air and you'll need to prove that what they said in the video is no longer the case before anyone here believes it's an incorrect assumption.

Old 07-07-2020, 08:30 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:

So you are against the idea of extended family, community members, etc. helping to raise each others children as a community? I've yet to read anything hateful on BLM's website. Can you send me a link to where you see hateful wording?
Yes, I’m opposed to people who state they want to disrupt the nuclear family. A stable, two-parent is the backbone of a strong society, and kids raised in that environment do better than those aren’t (on average).

As far as hateful on BLM’s website, the entire thing just reeks of disdain and contempt - and is driving hatred for whitey. They actually said that there is a systemic effort to target the black people for DEMISE (you know,,,,like what Hitler did to Jews).

And the very fact that you are defending a racist, antisemitic, violent organization is beyond words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies