Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2020, 07:31 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 4 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,940,183 times

Advertisements

I don't know why the "right" here is making this about race. No one else is. At first, no one knew his race (or gender, for that matter) all we knew was what we saw and heard - someone driving that car had driven up the exit ramp to get onto a blocked off highway, and had grievously injured pedestrians.

At the time, and now, I want him treated by the legal system as a street racer would be treated who caused a fatality.

I don't think, at this point - as I thought at first - that this was an intentional murder.

But his gross lack of caring for the safety of others is disturbing. If someone says "he didn't know the highway was blocked off" - is that BETTER, or WORSE that he drove up an exit ramp? That's absolutely deadly behavior.

And I want him treated as someone who took the lives of others completely cavalierly, even if he didn't specifically intend to kill anyone that night - his behaviors were so wantonly dangerous that they can't be dismissed.

This is the twistiest and most bizarre conversation. Right wing posters accusing left posters that they only want to see a man punished because he's Black. Curiouser and curiouser. Twisty logic like a pretzel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2020, 07:38 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,543,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
That's because he was driving a Jag, that's an oppressor according to the Marxist nonsense. But they don't want the judge to show his face because that hurts the narrative and their claim to power

That's it. It's all about the narrative and political expediency capital.

Old 07-08-2020, 07:42 PM

23,504 posts, read 12,502,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't know why the "right" here is making this about race. No one else is. At first, no one knew his race (or gender, for that matter) all we knew was what we saw and heard - someone driving that car had driven up the exit ramp to get onto a blocked off highway, and had grievously injured pedestrians.

At the time, and now, I want him treated by the legal system as a street racer would be treated who caused a fatality.

I don't think, at this point - as I thought at first - that this was an intentional murder.

But his gross lack of caring for the safety of others is disturbing. If someone says "he didn't know the highway was blocked off" - is that BETTER, or WORSE that he drove up an exit ramp? That's absolutely deadly behavior.

And I want him treated as someone who took the lives of others completely cavalierly, even if he didn't specifically intend to kill anyone that night - his behaviors were so wantonly dangerous that they can't be dismissed.

This is the twistiest and most bizarre conversation. Right wing posters accusing left posters that they only want to see a man punished because he's Black. Curiouser and curiouser. Twisty logic like a pretzel.
It would be about race if he was a white guy who had hit two black women, and you know it would.

The protesters were there illegally, do you hold them equally responsible?

Old 07-08-2020, 07:45 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 4 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
It would be about race if he was a white guy who had hit two black women, and you know it would.

The protesters were there illegally, do you hold them equally responsible?
It wouldn't with me.

And I can't speak for anyone else.

I'm saying it seems extremely odd that right leaning posters here are claiming that left leaning protesters only want this man prosecuted because he's black. That's just . . . what?

I don't believe the protesters had any idea they were there illegally. The streets had been shut down for 19 days to facilitate their safe gathering, and the streets were shut down again that night. And there was a police presence that shut down the streets, and none of them were arrested, that night, or the nineteen previous nights although cops were typically there.

How would these two women have any IDEA they were there illegally? They weren't is why. Despite it being, in general, illegal to block roadways. They were legally given a pass, just as street parties and music festivals are given an exemption to be in the streets.

Old 07-08-2020, 08:02 PM

29,445 posts, read 14,631,447 times
Here is a novel idea. Stop breaking laws, and doing stupid **** and you will have less interactions with the police and less of a chance of bad things happening to you.

Old 07-08-2020, 08:31 PM

23,504 posts, read 12,502,824 times
Quote:
It wouldn't with me.

And I can't speak for anyone else.

I'm saying it seems extremely odd that right leaning posters here are claiming that left leaning protesters only want this man prosecuted because he's black. That's just . . . what?

I don't believe the protesters had any idea they were there illegally. The streets had been shut down for 19 days to facilitate their safe gathering, and the streets were shut down again that night. And there was a police presence that shut down the streets, and none of them were arrested, that night, or the nineteen previous nights although cops were typically there.

How would these two women have any IDEA they were there illegally? They weren't is why. Despite it being, in general, illegal to block roadways. They were legally given a pass, just as street parties and music festivals are given an exemption to be in the streets.
I don't know why you're bringing up "street parties and music festivals". People who throw those things tend to always get permits.

They would have been "legally given a pass" if they had a permit. It doesn't seem, at this point, that they had one. That would mean they were illegally given a pass. The city is also responsible, and should be sued by the family of the woman killed, by the woman who was injured, and, by the driver.

That they did not know they were there illegal is not a good argument. The woman who was killed was 24 years old, an adult. Most/all of the other protesters are probably adults, since they're roaming the streets at all hours. An adult would/should find out if something is legal or not before doing it.

The protesters should have, at a minimum ..
Gotten a permit.
Worn light colored reflective clothing.
Should have used flares/flashing lights on the roadway.
Should have parked further down the roadway instead of immediately beyond a curve in the road.

These protesters are adults, yet not a one of them thought of this stuff?

Imo, the driver and the protesters should be held responsible for violations, not for murder.

Old 07-08-2020, 08:44 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,665,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Your entire argument is based on emotion and not logic.

As typically is the case for the silly liberals because they dont have logic.

Quote:
Does not make it legal just because the highway was barricaded. The protesters were there illegally.

I said this already, the poster that challenged me(#148) on the topic should come back and acknowledge the fact that they are wrong on that subject matter, but I wont hold my breath.

Quote:

The fake news media had to be so upset when they found out that the driver was black that they could not try to spin this event as a hate crime as it certainly would be under other circumstances.

Last edited by tipsyguam; 07-08-2020 at 08:52 PM..

Old 07-08-2020, 08:51 PM

50,255 posts, read 47,011,154 times
Quote:
Well, the State Troopers saw a potential tragedy, and that's why they officially closed the highway nightly, including the night the women who hit by Kelete's car.
Smog alerts happen all the time. This new stupidity may require new classification of moron alert. Signs flashing that complete idiots are having a party in the middle of the freeway ahead. Travel with caution or be jailed.

Might be time for everyone to get cow catchers for these baffoons.

Old 07-08-2020, 08:53 PM

Quote:
I don't know why you're bringing up "street parties and music festivals". People who throw those things tend to always get permits.

They would have been "legally given a pass" if they had a permit. It doesn't seem, at this point, that they had one. That would mean they were illegally given a pass. The city is also responsible, and should be sued by the family of the woman killed, by the woman who was injured, and, by the driver.

That they did not know they were there illegal is not a good argument. The woman who was killed was 24 years old, an adult. Most/all of the other protesters are probably adults, since they're roaming the streets at all hours. An adult would/should find out if something is legal or not before doing it.

The protesters should have, at a minimum ..
Gotten a permit.
Worn light colored reflective clothing.
Should have used flares/flashing lights on the roadway.
Should have parked further down the roadway instead of immediately beyond a curve in the road.

These protesters are adults, yet not a one of them thought of this stuff?

Imo, the driver and the protesters should be held responsible for violations, not for murder.
Well, ok, maybe it's because I live in Austin and things are fluid in my experience. Unexpected partying public can show up, at different bar/restaurant areas and reflexively the police shut down the streets for vehicle traffic.

Unexpected crowds show up, people coming out to celebrate Mardi Gras, or Halloween, or New Years Eve, and the numbers were much more than expected, and streets are shut down by LE as a quick response.

Old 07-09-2020, 03:08 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,665,178 times
Quote:
No, they didn't have a permit. I never claimed they had a permit - that was all your idea.

Good job contradicting yourself, lol. You claimed they weren't there illegally, if they didn't have a permit then they were there illegally.

This type of thing requires logic and deductive reasoning to follow instead of posting on emotion/feelings, so we understand why you made this mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies