Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 04:22 PM

20,957 posts, read 5,517,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
I wear a mask here in IL because its the polite thing to do right now and I dont want to get hassled over it. I dont wear it out of some sense of keeping YOU from getting sick. That is your responsibility. When stores no longer require it i will stop wearing it.

There it is. The mask zombies have shown that they can be confrontative and, with the medical condition I explained a page or two ago, I cannot risk being assaulted. A half-hearted smack on my head or my neck could put me in a deep well of hurt.

So yeah. I don't want to get hassled. I hope the nazis are satisfied.

Old 07-08-2020, 04:22 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,240,065 times
the thing that gets me is, in my state (NY) the edict was originally “wear masks when social distancing is impossible”. Quickly, but not surprisingly, that changed to “wear a mask while in public”. Hmmmmmm...

Old 07-08-2020, 04:34 PM

3,600 posts, read 1,633,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
So your reluctance to go out trumps my reluctance to wear a mask. Your feels should matter more to me than my feels? How's that work? I support your right to stay at home as long as you feel unsafe going out. I've been told there are home delivery services for those like you. Use them.

I feel perfectly safe. With millions of jobs returning, people returning to work, going out on a daily basis, I'd say the economy is beginning to return and will continue to do so. You can watch from your window. Where you are safe.

I will not comply. Too many political hacks and medical quacks in the mix. Pennsylvania has a guy who doesn't even know what bathroom to use pulling the strings there. Politicians saying stay home unless you're protesting. (WTF???) So called "experts" saying go out one weekend and stay home the next. Beaches, public parks and playgrounds shut down. These are outside! But you want to go shopping and are afraid of me being in the next aisle? Wear your scarf and the experts assure us you have nothing to fear.

The economy would open up fully when everybody feels safe...unfortunately that means wearing masks...those that selfishly don't are putting others at risk.

Check out this risk chart...Epidemiologists are saying you should avoid anything higher than a "level 4" risk here...looks like I cannot even go to the beach which is a level 5?!

https://abc7.com/health/viral-chart-...urate/6305611/

Old 07-08-2020, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Eight pages?

Worry not, all this will be resolved as soon as elections pass and new force establishes itself into full power.

Remeber old wisdom:

ANYTHING THAT IS DONE DURING ELECTION YEAR
IS DONE FOR ELECTION PURPOSES ONLY.

It will ALL be done in November. The little dictator in my state will get his ass handed to him because there is a lot of anger about how poorly he handled the riots and we will have a new governor, hopefully more like the governor of South Dakota who is smarter and tougher and, quite frankly, has an actual pair on her and doesn't have her nose up Bill Gates' rear end. Then things will change.

Old 07-08-2020, 04:36 PM

16,027 posts, read 10,591,641 times
People wearing masks have taken on the responsibility to respect other's health and to support healthcare workers who are struggling with an increase of infected patients. I expect others to also take on that same responsibility. That is part of being an adult and part of living in a civil society. If you are too childish to recognize and shoulder that responsibility you should stay home. If you insist on refusing the mask and distancing directives in public you should be fined and declared a public nuisance and placed under house arrest until you conform to the mask and distancing directives.

As it stands now, we have reopened partially with the condition that people observe the precautions. Failure to conform and a continued growth in the active cases will put us back into the lockdown. To claim that this is a hoax or not serious enough or that masks are worthless is pure ignorance.

Old 07-08-2020, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAct41 View Post
the thing that gets me is, in my state (NY) the edict was originally “wear masks when social distancing is impossible”. Quickly, but not surprisingly, that changed to “wear a mask while in public”. Hmmmmmm...

My state too. And our so-called governor will be toast in November over that and several other issues. Buh-bye!

Old 07-08-2020, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Yes. It always starts out small, and people say, “It’s no big deal! OMG!”

And then sprinkle in their typical arguments against feelings:

“Don’t you want to keep people safe?” That’s trotted out all the time - it’s about “safety”.

Or, “Don’t you care about others ?”

And, “Don’t you want to be a good citizen?”

Every time, those are the arguments used with just about everything.

Then, another small thing is forced or taken away. And then another, and another, and another until it’s 30 years later, and people rub the sleep out of their eyes, look around, and gasp, “What has happened? How did we get here?”

By all of those little things, and allowing people to bully them into compliance.

Every. Time. It’s the same recipe.

No. Just no. I don't.

Old 07-08-2020, 04:44 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,935,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAct41 View Post
Yes, because people are too irresponsible to be trusted to socially distance. Its like everyone needs to be treated as a child because they are so stupid and selfish. So because they couldn't socially distance, now they must wear masks.

Old 07-08-2020, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Good, so its true, cloth masks do help. And the medical masks as indicated in that report are 44% effective. Now if two people are wearing them then its magnified.

So again, they help. Case closed.

Okay. You win. Now you can go away and find something more constructive to do. You are not going to change any minds. Get over it.

Old 07-08-2020, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
If you are afraid, stay home. If you feel you need to wear a mask to protect yourself, by all means do so. I support that right. I am not responsible for your safety or mental comfort. Do not look to me to satisfy your needs. I am not obligated to do so and will not do so. Period. I am not adjusting my behavior to assuage your feels. Protect yourself by staying home if going our frightens you. Return to the real world when you're ready. Or don't. I really don't care either way. I am not subject to fines based on your fears or what is going on inside your head when you have the means to deal with it yourself. *You* use the home delivery service. The choice is yours. And bottom line is that *you can't* make me do anything without bearing the consequences of such attempts.

Snowflakes need a spanking to get them in line.

I'm sick of this whiny BS. I have not yet worn a mask into any store or restaurant and have not been challenged at any point.

I'm on your side. I think, however, walking in without a mask sends a much clearer message. Walk in like a boss without hesitation or apology, go about your business, pay for your purchases and leave. No harm, no foul. I've received nothing stronger than a disapproving glare, which is returned with a smile (or a flip of the bird depending on my mood).

Most of the businesses in my town are fine with that. Unfortunately, there are a few brown shirt who will turn them in to the gestapo and they'll end up with big fines. I like the business owners in my town and I don't want to see that happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies