Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2020, 12:44 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
The only thing notable about this, is that anyone is paying attention to it.

If some loon in Seattle announced that he wanted all whites to shave their heads totally and then paint their skin black, would it make news?

Of course not, because it's just the ravings of a complete nut, not worth wasting any time over.

This "let go your own whiteness" silliness is the same sort of thing.

Why is it even being mentioned, much less discussed?

(yawn)
My understanding is it's part of the "Diversity Training" scam being fed to Seattle's public workers.

Sorry, can't yawn about that because you can bet every city and state with powerful public worker's unions will be cramming it down their worker's throats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2020, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Side Out View Post
Yet the left said anyone who suggested this was coming was a tin foil hat wearing mouth breather. I wonder what they say now?
So far nothing. CD's usual progressives don't seem to want to play here.

Old 07-08-2020, 12:48 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
My understanding is it's part of the "Diversity Training" scam being fed to Seattle's public workers.

Sorry, can't yawn about that because you can bet every city and state with powerful public worker's unions will be cramming it down their worker's throats.
What's even crazier is there's probably like 1 black guy in each department if any. Seattle is very white, but I guess that's why they hate themselves so much?

Old 07-08-2020, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
What's even crazier is there's probably like 1 black guy in each department if any. Seattle is very white, but I guess that's why they hate themselves so much?
Hopefully their medical benefits are generous with mental help. They certainly need it.

Old 07-08-2020, 12:51 PM

653 posts, read 221,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Let's see some of the "woke" individuals here try and defend this insanity. It should make for some entertaining reading.
I have yet to see one even respond.

Old 07-08-2020, 12:51 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,544,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post

You got that right!

Old 07-08-2020, 12:54 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,958 times
Seeking to control who people can socially associate with is Leninism / Stalinism.

Diversity training seems to be about a Power Grab (Power that is either taken or willfully given) rooted in aggressive accusations and the hope of resultant guilt.

All notions of "integration" are false. This is about Minority supremacy over the majority. Whichever minorities are permitted to join the victim-hood train (or who force themselves onto it) will get a piece.

Though, I have a feeling that this is meant to protect minority supremacists that have long been in elevated positions.

They seem to be going to extremes because they have realized that their strategy is lagging behind the internet.

What they don't get is that it is already too late to work without it destroying everything. What is required was a consenting majority. What it has is different.

Eventually, this is meant to be a system of forced minority aristocracy with an underlying, subjugated White majority workforce that is kept out of the higher paying jobs.

It was always going to destroy everything, but I have to think that the original plan was for it to come about in a gradual manner that prevented much noticing or at least any significant pushback.

In regard to POC:

The indecipherable mental gymnastics of the diversity trainers is exactly what it will take to undo the racial progress that Black People have made.

Who knew that Black institutions (however new) would have a hand in creating the hilariously illogical justifications that will be accountable for destroying race relations.

Old 07-08-2020, 12:54 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
The paranoia on this thread is hilarious.

I’ve learned to ignore the loons on both sides of the political divide.

It’s getting harder with both the main parties getting loonier by the day.

Old 07-08-2020, 12:56 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,032,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Exactly. That's always the response from the left. "It's a small minority who thinks this way, ignore it, it's not worth discussing". What happens when you ignore a small water leak in your house? Or a small amount of cancer? Does it go away? No it usually gets worse. What makes this even worse is that it's not just thoughts from a crazy person, they actually conducted training on it!
I'm center left, and that was my response up until the last few months.

No longer. The insanity will spread until it is stopped. They go after "soft" targets and eventually it will be everywhere. I'm fully expecting my kids school to have a "BLM" curriculum in the fall. So do you "counter teach" against the lies at home, or risk your own livelihood and attacks from the small but vocal "woke" community for speaking out against it?

Old 07-08-2020, 12:57 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,032,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The paranoia on this thread is hilarious.

I’ve learned to ignore the loons on both sides of the political divide.

It’s getting harder with both the main parties getting loonier by the day.
We are talking about an actual training course for city employees, this isn't a fantasy.

Portland has it's own diversity director to force this crap down peoples throats.

https://www.wweek.com/news/city/2020...t-must-change/

Note numerous well thought out criticisms to that article were deleted in the comments.

I posted a response to this:
"Oregon is politely racist. Living in the South, you just know. People are very clear about how they feel. It's the other stuff, the invisible. There are some things that happen that are fundamentally steeped in white supremacy, but it takes you a minute sometimes. Here, it's polite. Like, we're not going to tell you that we don't like you, but we're going to give hints that we don't. For me, that feels a little bit more dangerous, because you don't always see it coming. You don't see that until you're trying to get a promotion or navigate a space, and all of a sudden there are these barriers that start coming up. It happens in that way."

..questioning how maybe it's possible you are only perceiving racism? Banned.

Make no mistake, if you criticize anyone who follows critical race theory, ie everything is racist especially white people, they will just seek to shut you up with no discussion.

I tell you, it's starting to turn this liberal into a conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies