Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 05:56 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,355,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
How to solve racist problems.. get rid of the democrat party that birthed the KKK , the Jim Crow Laws and now playing the race card to excess to stir resentment and division..

The Conservative Twins talk about the Black National Anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8JGNChUVzk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2020, 05:59 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
I agree. The racial problems will persist as long as the nation insists on racial classification. Take it off of everything. Origins can be discussed with medical professionals. They aren’t needed anywhere else. Over time, the emphasis on race will fade.

Old 07-08-2020, 06:04 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
STOP BLAMING WHITEY
If anything, the American blacks are destroying themselves by failing to succeed on their own merits, while blaming whites for not subsidizing them more.

Black Africans certainly can see the facts.

https://www.quora.com/What-do-black-...and-vice-versa
Summed up, African blacks think that Black Americans are wasting their opportunities for education, enterprise and advancement, and instead focus on selfish interests, while blaming everyone (“racism”, etc) else for their own failings.
And the non-black Americans are unwilling to demand better from black Americans lest they be called "racists."

Every "activist" black American should spend a few months in Africa, and see for themselves how they have wasted their opportunities for education and advancement by merit.
Here’s an example of excessive emphasis on race. Africans do not refer to themselves as “black Africans.” Not sure why people insist on racializing people who largely come from nations that do not classify based on race. But yet, race, race, race...smh.

As for African-Americans, they are doing better overall than ever before. But people like yourself try to claim otherwise due to whatever you harbor against them.

Old 07-08-2020, 06:08 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Here’s an example of excessive emphasis on race. Africans do not refer to themselves as “black Africans.” Not sure why people insist on racializing people who largely come from nations that do not classify based on race. But yet, race, race, race...smh.

As for African-Americans, they are doing better overall than ever before. But people like yourself try to claim otherwise due to whatever you harbor against them.
You think there isn't colorism and tribalism in Africa? African Americans qualify for a lot of affirmative action and preferential treatment and the complaining still never ends.

Old 07-08-2020, 06:09 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
The morals of the 1950's are certainly not in play in today's society. I feel that there's a lot wrong with the US in today's era. One of the most glaring at the forefront is race. There's a big swath of people out there who are either fully hating people they perceive of a different race (and therefor the problem/enemy)or at least have taken a stand on seeing other opinions as the enemy. This is fueled by industry, corporations, the media, your employers, and government.

So let's eliminate one huge issue from our big pot of problems and see if it helps heal us some.

My next suggestions after making race illegal would be:

Flat tax
Legalizing Drugs
Making lobbying illegal
Breaking up the two political monopolies.
Force corporations to pay taxes.

Race just seems like it's the easiest to fix. Make it illegal.
We're certainly not in the 1950s anymore. We don't have Jim Crow anymore. Many things have changed for the better. At the same time, we still have issues. And as you say, race is at the forefront. Race has always been at the forefront from day one. This goes back to the early days of America. Hatred based on race goes back to the early days. Laws have stopped certain kinds of discrimination. I can vote, I can live wherever I want, travel where I want, eat at any restaurant, it's easier for me to vote now than it would be back in 1950. At the same time, the fact that the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act are necessary shows that there are still some problems.

America's racial problem goes all the way back to the days of slavery. Blacks were brought here, by force, for one purpose: To serve. It was never intended for Blacks to be part of American society. It was only intended for them to be slaves. And for the few Blacks that were free, they were viewed as a competitor population and in some places, like Cincinnati, they found themselves at odds with the White population, both American born and immigrant. After Blacks were freed, suddenly they were now competing. Many other groups came for. Chinese were recruited to work on the railroads. Other groups came here from other countries for a better life. Many found themselves unwelcome. Blacks had been in America from the beginning, but had to fight, first to be considered human, then to be treated like Americans. Blacks had to fight against Jim Crow. The hatred goes to this: It was never really intended for Blacks to be part of this country as citizens. But Black Americans have become citizens, full citizens, anyway. Many accept this and it's not an issue. There are still some people who wish they could get rid of America's Black population, or at the least, isolate the Black population.

Making the classification of people based on race illegal, I don't think it's going to work as well as you may thing. The Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act stopped many discriminatory actions. However, it still hasn't stopped things like job discrimination. It's just gotten a lot more covert. Racial hatred hasn't gone away. Why? Because people still think of other people based on race. We have a moral problem in America. Getting rid of racial categories won't stop it, because some people won't change. When some people look for places to live, they want places where there are no Blacks living there. Making race illegal won't stop all problems. Some people will just look for other things.

Old 07-09-2020, 12:25 AM

1,037 posts, read 435,522 times
Quote:
That's fine, but if someone called you a white, you could have legal recourse to take all of their possessions in a court of law. They could go to jail for 25 years for a hate crime if they called you by your race. It would be illegal to call someone by their race.
None of this makes any legal sense!

Old 07-09-2020, 08:06 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTU2 View Post
None of this makes any legal sense!
Well, I'm not worried about whether or not it would make legal sense. I'm more concerned about whether or not it would work. Many people still view others and each other based on race. This has not changed.

Old 07-09-2020, 08:39 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
I agree. The racial problems will persist as long as the nation insists on racial classification. Take it off of everything. Origins can be discussed with medical professionals. They aren’t needed anywhere else. Over time, the emphasis on race will fade.
Probably one of the few times I agree with you.........I have been an advocate for the idea that no one should see "color" when it comes to people........

Old 07-09-2020, 09:10 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,902 times
Quote:
I have this idea, should be easy to fix, just a little wording on some laws and paperwork. Instead of asking folks to identify as a certain race or color when filling out paperwork, applying for government assistance, applying for loans, etc. Let's make an easy change where instead of asking what race someone is, ask them this:

Do you identify as an American or non-American?

Too many people are making this about race, so let's just eliminate race in the eyes of the government, end all rights, protections, laws, language, anything that ever was done to help a race or a people, just eliminate all speak about race.

Problem solved. You're either an American or you're not.
I can identify a non American. Free country, right? So what does America do then, shoot me for it? Lock me up in a gas chamber? Noose me? Take “stuff” away? Force me to dig ditches? Then is the US a communist country after all?

Old 07-09-2020, 09:12 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Probably one of the few times I agree with you.........I have been an advocate for the idea that no one should see "color" when it comes to people........
That’s not going to happen, sorry. If the US does not want any non-white low income people living here, then it needs to admit that and no longer allow any low-income people to live in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies