Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 04:27 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,385,415 times

Advertisements

Employees that don't want to build police cars should be furloughed without pay while those cars are being built.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2020, 04:30 PM

3,576 posts, read 2,196,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
"America’s Great Racial Reckoning Comes To The Auto Industry As Black Ford Employees Call For End Of Cop Car Manufacturing."

I'm reading this on "Jalopnik" - which is free to anyone with Internet access. There is a really long piece with comments included. Bottom line is, employees at Ford Motor Company think the Ford Explorer is way too intimidating and a sign of oppression. Therefore, Ford shouldn't sell it to the Police.

I wonder now, what would be a suitable replacement, and I do hope members here can suggest something better. My vote goes to the Fiat 500, unless the legendary Yugo is revived - keep dreaming, mgforshort.

Then again, a moped ? Mountain bikes would be a good choice, just don't tell the home invaders that the closest station is 10 miles from your house.

In a perfect world the officers gun should be replaced with slingshots or baseball bats.

We live in interesting times. Comments, please.
Well,I will not being buying another Ford, i texted them this is ridiculous. There are other people i know who were getting ready To buy the New Ford Truck and also the 2021 bronco. We we will be going with a different company..never Ford again. My family backs the blue.

Old 07-10-2020, 05:19 PM

672 posts, read 699,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
Well,I will not being buying another Ford, i texted them this is ridiculous. There are other people i know who were getting ready To buy the New Ford Truck and also the 2021 bronco. We we will be going with a different company..never Ford again. My family backs the blue.
What did ford do?

They have no intentions of stopping the production of police vehicles.

Old 07-10-2020, 05:48 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,138,480 times
[quote=mgforshort;58591365]"America’s Great Racial Reckoning Comes To The Auto Industry As Black Ford Employees Call For End Of Cop Car Manufacturing."

If this does not redefine STUPID nothing will.

Old 07-10-2020, 05:52 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,218,405 times
Hell no! This is stupid. I love the police interceptors. The crown vic police package is one of my favorite cars, definitely had some good times driving one. That is also a huge market for Ford, so I hope they are okay with losing their jobs, especially during these times.

Old 07-11-2020, 05:14 AM

6,442 posts, read 3,143,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1538 View Post
What did ford do?

They have no intentions of stopping the production of police vehicles.
Apparently, some people have trouble with reading comprehension...............and as far as I'm concerned, if those Ford employees don't want to build Police Department vehicles, and in a sense, support law breakers, then they can go work somewhere else.

Old 07-11-2020, 05:21 AM

2,400 posts, read 754,790 times
Being reasonable is not their strong suit. Fire every one of them who dreamed this idiocy up.

Old 07-11-2020, 05:25 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
"America’s Great Racial Reckoning Comes To The Auto Industry As Black Ford Employees Call For End Of Cop Car Manufacturing."

I'm reading this on "Jalopnik" - which is free to anyone with Internet access. There is a really long piece with comments included. Bottom line is, employees at Ford Motor Company think the Ford Explorer is way too intimidating and a sign of oppression. Therefore, Ford shouldn't sell it to the Police.

I wonder now, what would be a suitable replacement, and I do hope members here can suggest something better. My vote goes to the Fiat 500, unless the legendary Yugo is revived - keep dreaming, mgforshort.

Then again, a moped ? Mountain bikes would be a good choice, just don't tell the home invaders that the closest station is 10 miles from your house.

In a perfect world the officers gun should be replaced with slingshots or baseball bats.

They're perfectly free to quit their jobs so other people can have them.

Old 07-11-2020, 05:38 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:

We are a capitalist society, Ford has an obligation to make money for their shareholders. They should continue to sell Explorers to whomever wants them.

Old 07-11-2020, 06:16 AM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
We all know the racial undertones of the word "Explorer". There's no doubt the racist powers that be at Ford knew what they were doing.
Boycott Ford. Now. Ford has a history of racist undertones in naming their vehicles. "Pinto", "Bronco", "Crown Victoria", "Ranger", etc...they think they're sly but many know the real truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies