Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2020, 04:31 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementia Joe B View Post
I just watched the video and she said the 120 number includes people who died DAYS & WEEKS AGO. If they died days & weeks ago, why are they being tallied for just one day? That makes no sense. That means 120 people did NOT die today.
It’s a daily tally of deaths confirmed. When they die doesn’t matter, as that number keeps going up, it means more people are dying from the disease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2020, 04:52 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Doesn't matter what gets posted the faithful will just post "well the death rate was higher in New York"..

Watching the news all the reports on lack of PPE makes it sound like were back in April, I guess the "War Time Commander" still can't do anything to ensure that adequate supplies exist in this country. He is leading us to 3rd world status at a high rate of speed...

Old 07-09-2020, 04:57 PM

2,002 posts, read 761,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Doesn't matter what gets posted the faithful will just post "well the death rate was higher in New York"..

Watching the news all the reports on lack of PPE makes it sound like were back in April, I guess the "War Time Commander" still can't do anything to ensure that adequate supplies exist in this country. He is leading us to 3rd world status at a high rate of speed...
In Texas, we are 7 or 8 days into our mask order. Still waiting to see if the air tight bandanas the liberals love will make the difference here.

Old 07-09-2020, 05:01 PM

8,146 posts, read 3,674,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
In Texas, we are 7 or 8 days into our mask order. Still waiting to see if the air tight bandanas the liberals love will make the difference here.
Generally, it's better to have the mask order or just use the masks before the s. hits the fan.

Old 07-09-2020, 06:54 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
Well its obvious that not following best recommended practices haven't worked....

Old 07-09-2020, 07:03 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:

Well it still is 16 times higher than Texas. Talking about Texas is just stupid. Death rate increases are bad in Arizona, but they are almost as bad in Massachusetts. Not nearly as bad in Texas and nothing compared to the early problems in the Northeast.

Old 07-09-2020, 07:07 PM
bu2

Quote:
Well its obvious that not following best recommended practices haven't worked....
Yes. Thousands of people were shoulder to shoulder, many without masks, shouting in Houston. Two weeks after the protests, cases started to spike. Same in Miami. Don't know when Phoenix started going up.

People were told prior to May 25th that being in large crowds was illegal because it contributed to the spread.

Old 07-09-2020, 07:10 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,307,455 times
Morgue in Corpus Cristie Texas stopped taking bodies. They have an open order for refrigirated storage and body bags.

https://www.kristv.com/news/local-ne...vid-19-victims

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — The Nueces County Medical Examiners Office is not receiving the bodies of those who have died from COVID-19.

"I am now having to order additional body bags and morgue trailers. People have to understand how real it is."

"There is a need. We have certain resources that are in crisis," she said. "I've worked on (acquiring) the morgue trailer already as of yesterday. In addition, we have technology coming in that will monitor temperature in the trailers so nothing happens."

Last edited by Variable; 07-09-2020 at 07:31 PM..

Old 07-09-2020, 07:11 PM
bu2

The reality is that young people around the country have run out of patience and are starting to do whatever they want.
The lockdowns contributed to people flouting the safe practices now. And when politicians said protests would lead to no increase, the genie was out of the bottle. No lockdown had any credibility. I've read that if you have 15-20% disobeying a law, it becomes unenforceable. I think we are at that point. We've just got to try to encourage reasonable practices and limit really large gatherings.

Old 07-09-2020, 07:16 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,307,455 times
Hospitals full in Fort Myers, Florida area

https://www.winknews.com/2020/07/09/...ic-surge-plan/
FORT MYERS
Lee Health nears 100% staffed bed capacity, activates pandemic surge plan

Lee Health says, for the first time ever, the hospital system is activating its pandemic surge plan.

Hospitals still have some beds available, but they don’t currently have the staff for those beds.

Lee Health is almost at 100% of its current staffed bed capacity.

Our ICU rooms are approaching full capacity.

One thousand three hundred of Lee Health’s staffed beds are now occupied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies