Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2020, 01:57 PM

16,166 posts, read 8,313,007 times

Advertisements

This woman is not only a kook, but also a budding totalitarian dictator in waiting.

If any segment of our society is not racially biased, it is the medical sector in how they treat patients. For her to imply otherwise, will only foment more racial bias suspicions where none should exist.

She is requiring the training to renew professional licences.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ls/3287034001/

If I were an MD, nurse, paramedic, etc., I tell her to stick her requirement where the sun doesn't shine.

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2020, 02:43 AM

Wow, not a single comment thus far about this leftist kooks insanity, that is bleeding over into every aspect of life in our country?

It is bad enough the teachers are brainwashing our kids and those who send their kids to public schools do nothing about it.
But now Whitmer wants to mandate re-education camps for people who are not racist/biased, but are presumed to be, and must be made to comply with her projecting her own delusional beliefs on everyone else.

`

Old 07-10-2020, 02:58 AM

6,400 posts, read 8,225,777 times
I've actually done implicit bias training for my job. It's not any different than having to watch videos about sexual harassment in the workplace online and answer obvious questions. Both are done to prevent lawsuits from happening.

Why are you so terrified of a more educated medical workforce?

Old 07-10-2020, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
I've actually done implicit bias training for my job. It's not any different than having to watch videos about sexual harassment in the workplace online and answer obvious questions.

For starters, I want my medical personnel to be highly trained an educated in ,,,,,,,,,,,,,wait for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the field of actual medical care.
They don't need to be subject to social engineering or leftist brainwashing.

Second, to the best of my knowledge there is no evidence that medical professionals are biased against minorities, nor treat them differently than whites.

However, and most importantly, I am not a sheep ( nor are others), that must be trained to think like some leftist kook wants me to.

`

Old 07-10-2020, 03:08 AM

1,485 posts, read 946,509 times
Quote:
I've actually done implicit bias training for my job. It's not any different than having to watch videos about sexual harassment in the workplace online and answer obvious questions. Both are done to prevent lawsuits from happening.

It's an attempt at brainwashing. There's nothing "educational" about this stuff.

Old 07-10-2020, 03:11 AM

Treating people as equally as humanly possible= brainwashing. Riiiiiiight.

This is really rich coming from Trump supporters who deny science/facts/logic and continue to follow him lock and step minimizing the pandemic that's killed 130K people in less than 6 months and infected 3M+ people.

Old 07-10-2020, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

For starters, I want my medical personnel to be highly trained an educated in ,,,,,,,,,,,,,wait for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the field of actual medical care.
They don't need to be subject to social engineering or leftist brainwashing.

Second, to the best of my knowledge there is no evidence that medical professionals are biased against minorities, nor treat them differently than whites.

However, and most importantly, I am not a sheep ( nor are others), that must be trained to think like some leftist kook wants me to.

`
So many things wrong with this post that I don't even know where to begin. But for starters, why would you want to have medical professionals who treat patients unfairly because of unconscious prejudices? Again, this is also for the protection of medical professionals who may be accused of racism in the work place who could face lawsuits. It's not like they have to go back to medical school to complete the training. Did you even read the article? The governor is going to undergo the training herself, based on the recommendations of a coronavirus task force. And it's not even going to happen for 6 months to a year.

Old 07-10-2020, 03:21 AM

5,883 posts, read 2,144,385 times
You realize this is taught in many nursing and medical programs already. The fact is it doesn't matter what to believe or even say to a physician or nurse in a hospital they are bound by duty to provide equal treatment. All the crap spewed on this forum cannot be considered when deciding what care a patient needs. I've treated murders, child rapists, KKK members, gang bangers, meth users, on and on. I can have all the strong feelings I want but I have to be aware that those feelings cannot enter into my decisions on treatment.

I guess most of you didn't realize this was standard training for most licensed healthcare practitioners. Looks like she wants it added to annual training, not a big deal.

Old 07-10-2020, 03:23 AM

Clearly the OP has zero clue about the medical field and didn't even read the article.

Old 07-10-2020, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Treating people as equally as humanly possible= brainwashing. Riiiiiiight.

This is really rich coming from Trump supporters who deny science/facts/logic and continue to follow him lock and step minimizing the pandemic that's killed 130K people in less than 6 months and infected 3M+ people.
Here is a news flash for you.
I use to work in the field, and aside from me treating everyone the same, I worked around hundreds of others in various disciplines within the medical field. Never once, I repeat, never once did I ever hear or witnessed a single person treat a patient differently because they were a minority. That includes the gang-bangers who use to come in half dead with gun and knife wounds.

It is one thing to make sweeping generalizations about certain professions such as LEO's. While the overwhelming majority are good people, some are bad apples. That combined where they are constantly in an adversarial role with people never wanting to be held accountable (of any stripe), they can become jaded, hardened and defensive.
So for a cop (of any stripe) who is going to be dealing with the minority communities, it might make some sense to have special training for them to better interact with said communities to help defuse tensions.

Mind you, not some leftist tripe about how whites are privileged or blacks are systemically discriminated against.
Rather some better understanding of how to best communicate with the public, especially if you are of a difference race than the community you work in.
However, that should also be a two way street where black, brown, yellow, and red officers must be told how best to communicate with white people.
If nothing else, that takes away the assumption that white cops are inherently racist or lacking something, cops of other races possess.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies