Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2020, 11:34 AM

39,221 posts, read 27,592,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
There are plenty of food pantries fun by conservatives. And plenty of conservative volunteers. I’d say it’s a bipartisan effort.
agree

Plus, the conservatives give not only TO their churches but THROUGH their church affiliations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2020, 11:44 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump
We are forced to work so we can eat. Some companies are great to their people - but the majority is not. The state of things have changed considerably over the years and the proof is in the 1% concept. You keep protecting your corps.as they hide truths of why so many live paycheck to paycheck. You blame the poor guy - I consider their greed along with political puppets the ruin of our country by sending our jobs overseas - hiring illegals and letting foreigners buy most of our companies - not even HDepot is American anymore- they created this mess and we are in a time of reaping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

Link to the posts where I've done this.

Still searching for my posts, tinytrump?

Old 07-11-2020, 11:44 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,622 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
There are plenty of food pantries run by conservatives. And plenty of conservative volunteers. I’d say it’s a bipartisan effort.
Yes, church run food pantries are sometimes run by conservatives and have conservative volunteers.

501(c)3's in human services struggle mightily to fill their volunteer roles with some demographic other than liberal white women, and it's an uphill battle. I think men volunteer in numbers for things like Habitat for Humanity, where strength and building know-how is useful, but by and large nonprofits have overwhelmingly white liberal female representation.

I'm working with a grant foundation for nonprofits, so I'm confident in what I'm saying. And don't even let's get started on Big Brothers Big Sisters or CASA, both who do happy dances when any volunteer walks through the door that isn't a liberal white woman.

But yes, as always, there is a little diversity in any grouping of people.

Old 07-11-2020, 11:54 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Gee, you wasted your own money and added more stuff to landfills. Brilliant
Yeah...theres that. I mean...seriously!? I'm sure there has to be a needy family out there that would have been willing to put politics aside so their children didnt go hungry.

Truly, typical leftist lunacy. That makes as much sense as shooting your horse because she saw the coyote that killed your chickens.

I guess I'm just not "woke" enough to understand that pattern of thought. It takes a college degree to wrap your head around that.

Old 07-11-2020, 11:56 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,803,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Yes, church run food pantries are sometimes run by conservatives and have conservative volunteers.

501(c)3's in human services struggle mightily to fill their volunteer roles with some demographic other than liberal white women, and it's an uphill battle. I think men volunteer in numbers for things like Habitat for Humanity, where strength and building know-how is useful, but by and large nonprofits have overwhelmingly white liberal female representation.

I'm working with a grant foundation for nonprofits, so I'm confident in what I'm saying. And don't even let's get started on Big Brothers Big Sisters or CASA, both who do happy dances when any volunteer walks through the door that isn't a liberal white woman.

But yes, as always, there is a little diversity in any grouping of people.
I remember reading that moms who work outside the home devote more hours to volunteering than any other group. Interesting as we're probably busier than anyone yet still make the time to give back.

Old 07-11-2020, 12:03 PM

39,221 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Yeah...theres that. I mean...seriously!? I'm sure there has to be a needy family out there that would have been willing to put politics aside so their children didnt go hungry.

Truly, typical leftist lunacy. That makes as much sense as shooting your horse because she saw the coyote that killed your chickens.

I guess I'm just not "woke" enough to understand that pattern of thought. It takes a college degree to wrap your head around that.
haha

Old 07-11-2020, 12:04 PM

9,086 posts, read 6,311,647 times
Quote:

I have two college degrees and I still can't wrap my head around leftist thinking. I must not have taken the correct courses.

Old 07-11-2020, 12:08 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Actually the comments and remarks and statements that led to this so called boycott were initiated by the American Latino community and many organizations that truly support and advocate for equality and civil rights for those they represent. You know, because President Trump is the most anti-Latino president in the history of our country.
BS. So...just because Trump wants to secure the border and do something about illegal immigration, in your mind that amounts to him being "the most anti-Latino president in the history of our country".

Get a grip. Stop assuming that all illegal aliens are Latinos. By assuming that, it shows you to be racist and bigoted. Let me educate you. In the past, ICE deported illegals back to 189 countries. 189 countries covers every race, religion and ethnicity. There is no such race as "Latino". Nor is their a "brown" race. Nor is their an "illegal alien race".

For you to say Trump is the "most anti-Latino president in the history of our country" shows you don't know US history. Eisenhower deported millions of Mexicans after the Korean War and called it "Operation W**back". And you say Trump is the worst. SMH.

Old 07-11-2020, 12:10 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:

Nah, a degree isn't helping.

This shows the mentality of loons on the left who are so punitive and mean-spirited that they think it's okay to waste food because someone said something that wasn't in line with their ideology. Oddly enough, they also feel this is adult behavior, so they're not even embarrassed enough to keep quiet about their immature emotional reaction.

Think about that. It's like some child who throws his cleats, bat and mitt in the garbage because he said his father was the best dad in the world and each of his teammates said their father was.

There aren't enough shrinks in the world.....

Old 07-11-2020, 12:14 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Gee, you wasted your own money and added more stuff to landfills. Brilliant
Exactly! He threw away all his Goya products which was very selfish and wasteful, considering that food banks are begging for donations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies