Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 06:11 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
What are you talking about? Your reply that Goya "items become part of the ingredients in a recipe" suggests that you don't understand that Goya products can be replaced by the same product from several competitors, like Goya has a copyright on recipes.

Go ask all those people buying Goya so the can donate it, how long that's going to last for. I guarantee you don't keep it up for more than weekend...lol
Once again, you don't get it, do you?

I never said Goya "has a copyright on recipes". Where did you come up with that nonsense?

Nor did I ever say that there aren't competitors with similar products. Stop twisting what I wrote and trying to put words in my mouth.

You come off as very foolish with those tactics you are attempting to use. Quit before you dig a deeper hole for yourself.

Even if there is a massive food drive that just lasts for a weekend, it's still very much welcomed and needed. This is the time of year when food donations drop off. During the holidays, people do the most giving. The rest of the year, food banks often don't have enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2020, 08:05 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Did you even read my post? Did you notice that I mentioned other Goya products besides beans?

Where did I say that only Goya makes those things you mentioned?

Many people are buying Goya in order to donate to food banks. Did you miss that part?

I'm happy with Goya products. Despite your rant, many others feel the same way, too.

If illegal aliens and those who aid and abet them boycott Goya, who cares? Reasonably intelligent people realize that Trump has no hate for Latinos. It's illegal aliens that are the problem. And not all illegals are Latinos.

Your whole response is a total fail. You're the one who needs to calm down.
Therein lies a big thing these leftists dont get. LEGAL immigrants, especially Hispanics/Latinos dislike ILLEGAL aliens just as much as anyone else.

I have a lit of legal Mexican immigrants in my circle, and they dont have any live lost on illegals and they dont hate Trump. Tough on illegals is fine by them. Cant blame them a bit.

They jumped through the hoops, paid their dues and came here legal and then see these illegals getting it all handed to them. And it pi$$es them off. Boy howdy does it.

And these leftist illegal coddlers think that just being Hispanic means pro illegal anti Trump. It ain't so.

Old 07-13-2020, 08:22 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
I added several Goya items to my Walmart pickup order today.
It seemed like a third or more of their products were sold out.
(Can't say if that's unusual or not.)
I think this boycott will backfire spectacularly.

Old 07-13-2020, 10:20 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Lol... have at it. The more Conservatives & Trump rallies around Goya, the more it becomes a toxic to the Hispanic community. You loaded up your shelves ONCE. The hit from dropping Goya as your staple is many, many times greater. In other words, you'd better get real familiar w/ cookbooks and start to really love Hispanic food if you think you're actually offsetting the mounting losses.
Listen, the Hispanic immigrants I know waited in line and legitimately got their green cards and citizenship. They DO NOT look favorably upon the fence jumpers. The proportion of "woke" Hispanic Goya customers is exceedingly small

Old 07-14-2020, 06:54 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
So glad to hear this. When are the leftist SJW children going to grow up and stop having temper tantrums ?
My money is on "never".

Old 07-14-2020, 11:41 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Liberal logic...

Buying products from and supporting a Hispanic owned company is toxic to the Hispanic community.
Just this one company. Each enterprise should be evaluated on its own merits and philosophies. That is the way liberals, and any smart people, who want to influence policy through their buying power, think.
You are free and should support Goya if you believe in their political affiliations.
Many will not stay in or support a trump property or product for that reason. It’s the reason why the Ivanka trump line went belly up. Stores wouldn’t carry it and consumers wouldn’t buy it. Trump soho had to change its name. The trump brand does not sell in certain markets and does well in others.

Old 07-14-2020, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
You are free and should support Goya if you believe in their political affiliations.
This is such perverse ideology. No, you should not buy/forgo products because of political affiliations. You should buy products because you want the product.

Old 07-14-2020, 12:16 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
This is such perverse ideology. No, you should not buy/forgo products because of political affiliations. You should buy products because you want the product.
Well I do and most people I know (in the food business) do as well. It is not perverse at all. Some support sustainable farming, some support local producers, some support companies with fair business practices. Some don’t care and only want to sell food at the cheapest prices. This is a very big topic in the food industry. Is the entire industry “perverse” in you expert opinion?
Eta: I see you live in nyc. There is just no way you can avoid this subject if you enjoy eating out in the city’s exciting food scene. Living in nyc I know you see diners spending a lot more for meals produced and prepared in ways that they are philosophically in line with their own. Food establishments including restaurants, grocery stores, specialty shops, wine stores .... take special care to note this in their marketing and pricing.

Old 07-14-2020, 12:21 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
You've got a lot of "shoulds" in there.

People buy for all kinds of reasons. I buy this one brand of skin cleanser because it was created by a relative of mine.

I used to buy one brand gas because my father in law was career in that company.

I buy a certain brand of cookies because they come from a cute little bakery in a little town I love. The bakery makes the whole town smell like vanilla. The cookies aren't better than their big brand counterparts, and aren't cheaper.

Buy for the reasons you want, but I'm not sure anyone can tell someone how they "should" make their buying choices.

Old 07-14-2020, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Buy for the reasons you want, but I'm not sure anyone can tell someone how they "should" make their buying choices.
Also correct

Just don't forget there are thousands of workers whose livelyhoods depend on employment at Goya and have no political affiliation

And take a step back here, did the CEO advocate for clubbing puppies? Was he molesting children? No, he was polite at a meeting with the President of the United States and praised him (as he did with Obama).

Oh the horror
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies