Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 05:33 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
I am a person of color who is fed up with BLM. Don't let the color of my skin make you think otherwise.
Thank you! I wondered how many of the black race were upset with BLM?

Old 07-10-2020, 05:35 PM

1,417 posts, read 734,621 times
Until 51% of blacks vote Republican or third party, we remain an overall detriment to society, a burden on the general population (due to our collective vote), and an affront to this great nation and the vision of our great Founding Fathers. I am personally thankful that low level blacks thin their own herd so effectively. Same logic as with abortion, which I find abhorrent, but I am thankful for the result at the ballot box.

Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
So you would be okay if a group of Black men attacked me?
Are you calling yourself "bad"?

Just earlier today you were talking about how your community is model citizens, excellent students, good employees (all true, BTW), so why are you now accepting the cloak of "bad"?

2,540 posts, read 1,034,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post

I'm technically Indian (dot not feather) but my skin is darker than most American Blacks. I get mistaken for Black sometimes and that's what embarrasses me about BLM that people would associate me with such an organization. I do know a couple of Blacks that were raised upper middle class and one of them feels the same way as me and the other one supports BLM.

Old 07-10-2020, 05:36 PM

315 posts, read 116,336 times
Yes.

It's not just criminals getting killed and being affected. Innocent people in those communities are being terrorized as well. And it's a terrible reality that so many inner cities in our country are so unlivable and that so many children have to grow up around that. We know the cycle will keep repeating itself and it should be a national disgrace, and yet we keep allowing it to happen.

Doesn't help that we have a disingenuous media that props up the gangbanger lifestyle and treats the violent people in that community with kid gloves or ignores them completely. And then has the nerve to act like cops are the main problem.

Old 07-10-2020, 05:37 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
It's very sad.

What can we do as a Society to help? If they won't help themselves??

There's racists on both sides. I've seen plenty of black racists and plenty of white racists.

I'm very big on Children. Nothing worse then seeing innocent children being murdered. Innocence lost for what?? I cry for all children. It doesn't matter what color they may be.

When You lose a child, you never come back from it. Especially to violence.

ALL LIVES MATTER...

When you work in the Medical Field - you tell me any different. I will try and save all.

Old 07-10-2020, 05:40 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:
I'm technically Indian (dot not feather) but my skin is darker than most American Blacks. I get mistaken for Black sometimes and that's what embarrasses me about BLM that people would associate me with such an organization. I do know a couple of Blacks that were raised upper middle class and one of them feels the same way as me and the other one supports BLM.
I met a guy and he was wearing a Hawaiian shirt and he looked Hawaiian. He later admitted that he was Indian and he did not want girls to know he was Indian, so he wore the Hawaiian shirts to look Hawaiian. Is it harder for Indian males to get dates? He told me yes.

Old 07-10-2020, 05:41 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
So you would be okay if a group of Black men attacked me?
I don't know you or even thought about brothers killing you. You can the white dwight , black jack or any color and if drug dealers and thugs and killers wanna kill each other then i am fine with it. Clean up the country and let em all kill each other bother.

Old 07-10-2020, 05:43 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
I don't care about somebody when they say "I'm going to smash my face with this hammer" and fail to listen to advice such as "I wouldn't do that if I was you".

Why? They're obviously stupid and need to learn a lesson.

I don't care if black folks shoot each other by the bushel, if they're that stupid then it's doing us a favor. I don't care if heroin addicts OD in a ditch, if that's how they make choices then have at it. I don't care if protesters play ******* in heavy traffic and get flattened. I'm through caring about idiocy and idiots.

Old 07-10-2020, 05:43 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Okay, but he's from India. Not the same as someone who is black by race, posting this opinion.

Black skin doesn't = the same experience as someone who is African American. I don't see people from India exactly oppressed here, yet he posts that he's black every damn day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies