Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 06:57 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,691,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Many of the immediate protests were for the body cam footage to be released. For this incident, the footage was released, so we are making progress. If it was standard practice to release body cam footage, I doubt we'd see nearly as many protests as an immediate reaction.

In light of so many officers not turning on body cams, or covering up their badge numbers when on duty, we need mandatory body cams to protect cops and citizens. Mandatory body cams, make it a crime for the officer to tamper with that footage. That's a very easy way to protect good cops, and show protesters cops are doing something to listen.

That is kind of along the lines of what Masaad Ayoob believes - that body cams will help protect good cops and hopefully cut down on false accusations against police officers who are just doing their jobs. Of course, we do need citizens to show some sanity and restraint and to not be so quick to turn to violence every time they hear of someone being shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2020, 06:58 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,089,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Waiting for an anti cop poster to ask why they didn't shoot the bad guy in the leg or the arm? LOL
waiting for mom to say..

"ma son dindu nuffin"

Old 07-10-2020, 06:59 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,918,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruityfred11 View Post
That's all well and good, really it is.

But will there be any introspection at all on the part of the protesters? Will any of them look at their own values and ask themselves why they were so eager to rush to the defense of some scumbag who pulled a gun out and tried to murder a cop? I imagine not. They will just move until the next police killing when the scenario will repeat itself in all likelihood. Their minds are already made up. And the folks who lie about these things and allow these stories to run rampant will never own up and be accountable for their BS. Maybe it's progress on one front but it unfortunately has to work both ways.
The vast majority of protesters are introspective, and back off when they see things like body cam footage released. That just doesn't make for a good news story, so the vocal minority are covered more. If you go to a protest and talk to people in person, most people are going to be calm, reasonable people who just want things to improve.

For better or worse, earlier this year people saw police be violent as an immediate reaction to protests against police violence, so an immediate reaction for many at the moment is to not trust the police, or to assume they are covering something up. That kind of thing isn't fixed overnight, and it's only fixed by with both sides trying to fix it. Protesters need to call out the rioters/looters, and cops need to turn in and not hide/protect bad cops.

Old 07-10-2020, 06:59 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
So much for "the talk". Urban legend aka B.S.

Old 07-10-2020, 07:13 PM

25,758 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
waiting for mom to say..

"ma son dindu nuffin"
This reminds me of a news story a few years back. I forget the nitty details, but basically it was a mom complaining that she is tired of worrying that her son may get shot by the cops every time he goes out to commit robbery.

Could the solution to that vexing problem be any more clear???

Old 07-10-2020, 07:20 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
This reminds me of a news story a few years back. I forget the nitty details, but basically it was a mom complaining that she is tired of worrying that her son may get shot by the cops every time he goes out to commit robbery.

A GoFundMe for Junior so he can buy a bulletproof vest?

How much can we put ya down for?

Old 07-10-2020, 07:21 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,691,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post

Some people just aren't going to be rational. An example would be the below robbery/shooting in Ohio last year where a guy went into a Dollar General to rob the store at gunpoint and was shot & killed by a store employee. The family was upset and believe that the employee shouldn't have shot him; I suppose that they should have just let him rob the store at gunpoint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW7HHDz5yEo

Old 07-10-2020, 07:25 PM

1,768 posts, read 716,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Waiting for an anti cop poster to ask why they didn't shoot the bad guy in the leg or the arm? LOL
Soon Biden will start saying they just need to shoot the gun out of his hun.

Old 07-10-2020, 07:58 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skezo View Post
lol.... they riot over this crap but whenever an innocent kid is killed in black on black crime...crickets. It disgust me.
It's been pointed out that BLM's "mission" is not about "black lives," only "police brutality."
Don Lemon said just that on the air the other night.

They don't care about innocent children; all of their "heroes" are criminals.

Old 07-10-2020, 08:04 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Clear case of "play stupid games, win stupid prizes". I hope no one in law enforcement was injured by this violent criminal. Or by the utter morons protesting police defending themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies