Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2020, 08:28 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I'm not arguing that at all. What I'm arguing is that there is NO penalty for hiring illegals. Business owners do NOT want to pay top dollar for American workers. Period. Why pay a guy 20 an hour when you can pay another guy 8 AND no benifits, sick days, vacation or comp. And he will outwork the American guy and never take off even when sick.
WTH are you talking about? There are penalties in place for "knowingly" having illegals work for you. There have been many cases under this administration where the employers were caught and held accountable. The Republicans have been trying to pass an e-verify bill forever but your fellow Democrats won't sign it unless there is a massive amnesty attached to it.

It doesn't matter what business owners want we have laws in place in regards to hiring illegal aliens! We all know why they hire them and it's all about greed at the expense of the American worker/taxpayer so what's your point? What BS that foreigners especially those here illegally work harder than Americans! I am so sick of these anti-American remarks. If you hate Americans so much then move to another country. There is no justification for hiring illegal aliens. It's against the law! What part of that don't you respect or get?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2020, 08:35 AM

23,966 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Americans are expensive and demand things like "wages". Capitalism teaches us that profit is the holy grail. Business owners want profit. Period. And we want cheap crap. I can pay 20 bucks for a burger but most people won't do that so the kitchen is going to be filled with workers who don't have papers and who make pennies on the dollar.
We are friends with 4 restaurant managers and/or regional managers. I'd bet the rent money that 80% of the
kitchens in Houston are full of illegals. I was told by one manager of a national Mexican chain, she'd have to shut down if they had to pay minimum wage to Americans.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Nice try. So all the businesses are owned by Democrats? Really? Wow. I have been to the deep south. I have vacationed all over the south. Deep red Bible thumping gun loving Dixie flags waving Klan country .... And guess what? Illegals building houses, working the docks, restaurants, hotels, dollar stores and a host of other hard jobs. Ohhh. Can't forget the farms and plantations. All Democrats right? Red and Blue state owners of businesses all want cheap labor so they can compete for your dollars. No Americans are picking tobacco and lettuce and watermelons in the burning hot sun for chump change.
More of your anti-American BS! There are both Republicans and Democrats that hire illegal aliens. All the work you are seeing illegals doing they have no right to be doing and are screwing Americans out of those jobs by working for less but I guess that's ok with you just as long as there is a buck to be made by someone? What kind of a moral compass are you operating under? We have unlimited visas for "legal" foreigner farm worker so why would we need illegals for those jobs? Only 2-4% of illegals are working those jobs anyway while the others have taken once good paying construction, landscaping, etc. blue collared jobs that Americans have always done for a fair wage. I can't believe it if you are citizen of this country with your hateful, anti-American, anti-laws attitude! Absolutely, disgusting!

Old 07-11-2020, 08:42 AM

15,943 posts, read 7,009,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
“As the President announced today, he is working on an executive order to establish a merit-based immigration system to further protect U.S. workers," deputy press secretary Judd Deere said in a statement. "Furthermore, the President has long said he is willing to work with Congress on a negotiated legislative solution to DACA, one that could include citizenship, along with strong border security and permanent merit-based reforms. This does not include amnesty."

He better tread carefully. Citizenship for illegals other than having them go back home and reapply is a deal breaker for me.

Doesn't matter what he says or does, Democrats will win the WH and both the houses, and the dreamers will become citizens. America will prosper.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Lmaooooooo. Yeah. I push papers around my desk.

Look. I have been working since 14 . Im no naive child. I have seen plenty over the years. You are 100% correct. My illegal friends married American women and once they got papers they got decent high paying jobs. Work ethic. Employers want people that are happy to be there and willing to outwork everyone. That's how it is. Yes. They will be competing with you and your kids for jobs. That's how it's going to be. But I'm not going in a field to pick a damn thing . Most people do not raise their children to do menial work. Iillegals don't have options so they take on whatever is offered.
Ah, so you have illegal friends, well that explains why you support them and your fellow Americans be damned! It's self serving and selfish! The truth comes out now! Illegals have no right to be in this country and especially not working jobs committing felony ID theft and/or tax evasion. You simply do not belong in this country. I suggest you find a country where laws mean nothing, you know like Mexico. Welcome to my ignore list I can no longer stomach your anti-American attitude.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:46 AM

8,956 posts, read 2,554,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Ah, so you have illegal friends, well that explains why you support them!
It's understandable, I have friends who are murderers and thieves which is why I'm trying to decriminalize the unfair and racist laws that ban those things.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I am not buying it sorry. You don't vote and you help Biden who I am sure will have immigration policies much more disagreeable to you than Trump. But I get it, you are blowing off steam.

Perhaps Trump has finally figured out he does not have to play to the base, they are not going anywhere. He needs to play to the middle who is turned off to him playing to his base.
I don't care what you buy! I am not voting for Trump again if he betrays us. You can take that to the bank! I didn't vote for him the first time for giving a pass to immigration law breakers and I certainly won't the second time. Stop assuming that all Trump supporters are alike. Why would we support someone who betrayed us? That doesn't make any sense at all! I won't vote for Biden either. I will just sit this election out.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
So STOP supporting policies that PREVENT American companies from making the hard investment choices.

Illegal immigration helps no one. Your friends' kids pulled more out of the American tax system than they will likely EVER put back in working some crap field job.

The American tax payer raises about 50% of the kids in this country in almost every aspect of their lives: from birth to college. Food, housing, schooling, medicine.

Thanks but no thanks. We can import specialty crops from elsewhere if need be. The staple crops are already automated.
Not necessary. We have unlimited visas for "legal" foreign farm workers. Only 2-4% of illegals are working in that industry anyway.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:58 AM

23,454 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful for Life View Post
John Bolton said that EVERY Trump action is based on being re-elected. Now do you all get it?!! Trump doesn’t have any kind of moral compass and only does what benefits him and his family members.
"John Bolton said" .. LOLOL
John Bolton also said that 'he would lie if he felt the need to'. Right now he has multi-million reasons why he should feel the need to lie.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:58 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,779,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
ALLLL of that needs to be automated. And it won't be until NECESSITY drives INVENTION.

Already since Trump got tougher on immigration, there have been advances in crop automation.

People like you are the same ones wondering who was gonna pick the cotton without the slaves? The cotton gin put the end to a lot of that talk.

BTW: In places without a lot of illegals, you have AMERICANS (black and white and Latin) in the TRADES building houses and roads. Travel outside the SW and South sometime.

Honestly. Sometimes I feel like so many of you just have no real life experience. Do you guys just work in government offices in large cities or something?
And some are completely unaware of fact. The cotton gin caused an increase need for slaves, not the opposite.
Also, I don’t live in the SW and most of the farm workers here are Hispanic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies