Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2020, 03:11 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,829,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scot892 View Post
So, I don't get it. If it's not amnesty, then what does "path to citizenship" mean? Giving citizenship to Illegals IS amnesty.

He also said he's going to "put it in and then take it out" what does that mean?

I bet Stormy Daniels knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2020, 04:11 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron99 View Post
?

Just like the Europeans didn't assimilate with the native americans. We should all be speaking some native american language at this point.
Why would Europeans assimilate to a mostly hunter gather culture when they were building their own culture here? Europeans weren't imposing upon and parasitizing off another culture like immigrants and migrants do, they were building their own separate.

Quote:
Pleasant french? Spanish is considered to be a romantic language and sounds way more pleasant than French.
I don't agree, especially how these migrants from Latin America poorly speak Spanish. It is loud, yammering and off putting. I find French spoken by Europeans pleasant as the Queen's English but don't want to hear that or any foreign language speakers especially if they were coming in illegally in mass.

Old 07-12-2020, 04:51 PM

589 posts, read 299,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
I bet Stormy Daniels knows.
LOL... never would have come to that conclusion with that statement, must be hump day. I'm SURE she would use those phrase to maximize her profits.

Old 07-12-2020, 05:50 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
One guy says he won't vote for Trump again if he does this. One guy. And I don't believe that guy.

‘Never Trump’ movement becomes a sudden campaign force.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...af1_story.html

LOTS OF ANTI-TRUMP REPUBLICANS OUT THERE...for many reasons. This could be another

Quote:
The grainy first-person testimonial arrived at 2 a.m. in late June. A 40-year-old man with a thick Southern accent — shirtless, the red ember of his cigarette glowing in the green twilight between drags — looked into his smartphone and began talking.

“Hi, my name is Josh and I live in North Carolina and I voted for Donald Trump — my bad, fam,†he begins, before explaining that this November will mark the first time “ever, ever†that he will vote for a Democrat. “If Joe Biden drops out and the DNC runs a tomato can, I will vote for the tomato can, because I believe the tomato can will do less harm than our current president.â€

The unsolicited video submission to a group called Republican Voters Against Trump is just one small part of a broader “Never Trump†rebellion that began four years ago. In recent weeks it has transformed into a potentially disruptive force in this year’s presidential race.

Quote:
Republican Voters Against Trump, which was founded by longtime conservative and self-described “Never Trumper†Sarah Longwell, has concentrated almost entirely on sharing testimonials from traditional Republicans who voted for Trump in 2016 but are planning to support Biden in November.

The group also includes William Kristol, a conservative commentator; Tim Miller, a Republican operative who worked on Jeb Bush’s 2016 presidential campaign; and Mike Murphy, a longtime Republican strategist.
They worked for several months to recruit 100 first-person testimonials, largely shot on smartphones — but now have more than 400 videos, many of them unsolicited.
Yep lots of Anti-Trump Republican organizations raising lots of money to assist the Democrats in their fight for the soul of America and to restore democracy to these United States of America.

Here are a few of them:
Lincoln Project
Republican Voters Against Trump
Never Trumpers
Right Side PAC
43 Alumni for Biden

Old 07-12-2020, 05:53 PM

62,871 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Why would Europeans assimilate to a mostly hunter gather culture when they were building their own culture here? Europeans weren't imposing upon and parasitizing off another culture like immigrants and migrants do, they were building their own separate.

I don't agree, especially how these migrants from Latin America poorly speak Spanish. It is loud, yammering and off putting. I find French spoken by Europeans pleasant as the Queen's English but don't want to hear that or any foreign language speakers especially if they were coming in illegally in mass.
These desperate fools pull out the same old lame excuses to support illegal immigration and non-assimilation of immigrants, period. The past is nothing like today where we have established borders, separate countries and immigration laws. Once this country was established it belonged to the citizens of this country and we had every right to choose what language we chose as our identifying one. The tribes on their reservations had that same right on their lands. I wonder what Amerindian language we were supposed to assimilate to since there were several tribes speaking many different languages?

Funny, how these Mestizo Mexicans and other Latinos chose to speak Spanish though not their native tongues. Now just who assimilated to who?

Old 07-12-2020, 06:23 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
These desperate fools pull out the same old lame excuses to support illegal immigration and non-assimilation of immigrants, period. The past is nothing like today where we have established borders, separate countries and immigration laws. Once this country was established it belonged to the citizens of this country and we had every right to choose what language we chose as our identifying one. The tribes on their reservations had that same right on their lands. I wonder what Amerindian language we were supposed to assimilate to since there were several tribes speaking many different languages?

Funny, how these Mestizo Mexicans and other Latinos chose to speak Spanish though not their native tongues. Now just who assimilated to who?
My guess is you have never been to Oaxaca or Chiapas. The native languages are pervasive there.

Or even outside the USA period. Probably haven't even traveled in the USA, right? (I've spent time in 46 of the 50 States. As a Canadian. And traveled to 29 other foreign countries. Believe it or not, it ain't all about 'Murica.

Old 07-12-2020, 06:23 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
A Mexican coworker went to the southeast for the first time on vacation. I asked him how he liked it, what did he do, where did he go. He exclaimed, "There are SO MANY black people there!" His eyes were big as saucers. I thought it was funny.

Old 07-12-2020, 06:26 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
I would need more viable information to make an opinion on this one. Let's see what he has to say.

Old 07-12-2020, 06:32 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:

True. None of the excuses to legalize illegals makes any sense or hold water under any scrutiny.

Old 07-12-2020, 07:05 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,779,493 times
Quote:
Everyone born here is a native American who was born to citizen or legal immigrant parents. There are no special natives. All of our ancestors migrated here from somewhere else including those you refer to incorrectly as native Americans. My country of origin is here. I was born here not in some other country. Can you say the same of these DACAs and their illegal parents? What a stupid comparison!

I've earned my citizenship by being born here and being a contributing member of our society all my life. I didn't lie and use fake documents to work here either. Are you really this ridiculous?

We bless 1 million legal immigrants a year who follow the legal process to get here so WTH are you talking about?
My forefathers just walked in and started being Americans.
Probably better start packing my bags.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies