Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 08:41 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,773,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
This is a EO so I guarantee he will try to please everyone to pander to get more votes from independents etc and he is gonna get sued for it. I don't care WHAT he offers his base, ANY road to citizenship for more illegals is a NON STARTER for his base. I swear I am starting to believe he really does want to lose in November!
We have far worse problems like the CCP virus that China gave us and democrats inciting violence and lawlessness in the hope of winning an election. What the President is doing is commendable. When the democrats are tearing the country down by pitting Americans against each other, Trump is reaching out to the Hispanic community. He is being President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2020, 08:42 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...nship-for-daca

He STUPIDLY does this he won't win reelection. Plain out facts. He will be abandoned by his base including me and I JUST got back on board!
I'm skeptical about Telemundo's claims. Why would he admit that Obama's EO on DACA was unconstitutional and go all the way to the SC to stop it but turn right around and do it himself. It would make no sense to betray his base right before the election either.

Old 07-10-2020, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
he offered something similar before didn't he?He just put enough conditions on it the Dems said no way.
He wanted it to go through congress as it should be done in exchange for the wall while back so this isn't the same thing. This is about doing an EO bypassing congress like Obama did and Trump opposed that and took it all the way to the Supreme Court just a short time ago. I'm not believing these claims by Telemundo. It would make no sense at all and would betray his base right before the election. I'm taking this all with a grain of salt.

Last edited by Oldglory; 07-10-2020 at 09:20 PM..

Old 07-10-2020, 08:47 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,032,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I'm skeptical about Telemundo's claims. Why would he admit that Obama's EO on DACA was unconstitutional and go all the way to the SC to stop it but turn right around and do it himself. It would make no sense to betray his base right before the election either.
Its on video I believe, what he said. It makes no sense to me at all. Just baffling.

Old 07-10-2020, 08:50 PM

23,445 posts, read 12,481,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scot892 View Post
So, I don't get it. If it's not amnesty, then what does "path to citizenship" mean? Giving citizenship to Illegals IS amnesty.

He also said he's going to "put it in and then take it out" what does that mean? If that means, playing the Trump card by pulling the blanket underneath after he gets elected and then sending the DACA homes, I'm all for THAT. However, if he truly is allowing path to citizenship and allowing these Illegals to stay then that would be a total disappointment and would lose a lot of his supporters.
I noticed that part but I don't get it either.

"But Trump said he feels empowered by the Supreme Court ruling, in which Chief Justice John Roberts affirmed the executive branch has the power to do away with DACA, but that proper procedure was not followed in the 2017 order."

There must be something there that we are not seeing?

Old 07-10-2020, 08:52 PM

31,885 posts, read 26,916,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
He wanted it to go through congress as it should be done in exchange for the wall while back so this isn't the same thing. This is about doing an EO bypassing congress like Obama did and Trump opposed that and took it all the way to the Supreme Court just a short time ago. I'm not believing these claims by Telemundo. would make no sense at all and would betray his base right before the election. I'm taking this all with a grain of salt.
You're forgetting DT lost in SCOTUS, and now he's got a problem that he thought had taken care of, but hasn't gone away.

More the pity for DT his polling numbers aren't anywhere they should be for an incumbent POTUS in particular key swing states.

In short as has been stated by many others; DT cannot go into November playing the outsider, he has to run on his record like it or not. Thus has to find ways to neutralize parts of Biden/democrat agenda in order to score points.

Because DT wouldn't know the truth if it bit him on the behind people aren't going to trust his word that "something" will be done when or if he wins reelection. So it's cards on table time; either DT gets with the program on DACA, or else.

Old 07-10-2020, 08:52 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,447,916 times
Quote:
https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...nship-for-daca

He STUPIDLY does this he won't win reelection. Plain out facts. He will be abandoned by his base including me and I JUST got back on board!
You have forgotten a cardinal rule about Trump:

HE WILL SAY ANYTHING ... that doesn't mean he will do anything. He has made too many promises, that's how it is with Trump ... this is just one more lie. So relax.

Old 07-10-2020, 08:53 PM

8,328 posts, read 2,958,558 times
Can't believe how many fools trust The Hill.

No chance Trump will do this. None. Ziltch. Zero. Wagers accepted.

Old 07-10-2020, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
But these are kids that were brought here a long time ago, they dont know another country. It isn't their fault. I wouldn't agree for all illegals to have a pathway to citizenship they must come legally. But i do feel bad for these kids they are stuck thru no fault of their own,

Maga 2020
This ole crap again? These so-called kids have learned the culture and language of their homelands from their parents. They should not benefit from their parent's law breaking nor should their parents be rewarded by their kids being able to remain here. What happens to the parents then? Are they going to be allowed to remain here so there is no separation of families? Come on, we can see the handwriting on the wall. Their parents came here not knowing this country, didn't they but they managed, didn't they? The whole needs to be returned to their homeland where they belong and apply to come back legally as legal immigrants do. It's the only fair thing to do.

Old 07-10-2020, 08:58 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,032,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Can't believe how many fools trust The Hill.

No chance Trump will do this. None. Ziltch. Zero. Wagers accepted.
If it wasn't on tape I wouldn't believe it either. Why bother putting the paperwork back through to end DACA if he is just gonna turn around and give them a path to citizenship as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies