Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2020, 07:14 PM

9,048 posts, read 3,539,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Speaking of our legal system:

Over 65 Prosecutor Leaders Rally in Support of Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner and Use of Prosecutorial Discretion

Statement calls out personal attacks and attempts by federal and Missouri state officials to inappropriately influence decisions in local criminal case

https://fairandjustprosecution.org/w...on-Release.pdf

Full statement here, signed by current & former prosecutors:

Joint Statement Responding to Attacks on Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner And In Defense of Local Prosecutorial Discretion

https://fairandjustprosecution.org/w...ment-Final.pdf
It's not a comment on the legal system, just political support for a political action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2020, 07:25 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,949,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
It's not a comment on the legal system, just political support for a political action.
Your point? What's justice got to do with it?

Old 07-24-2020, 01:14 AM

5,121 posts, read 1,691,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
First of all the owners were pointing those weapons at the unarmed crowd. This is un responsible gun ownership. Waving around a gun or AR around doesn’t mean they know how to use them.

so much false information and hyperbole in this post.

come on my property in a mob group and you likely to see many of my weapons. Same is true for most neighbors, We are all armed around here. I am not scared to defend myself. This is why the mob better stay in Democrat run hellholes and not venture out into some suburbs and country.

Old 07-24-2020, 05:35 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,441,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
so much false information and hyperbole in this post.

come on my property in a mob group and you likely to see many of my weapons. Same is true for most neighbors, We are all armed around here. I am not scared to defend myself. This is why the mob better stay in Democrat run hellholes and not venture out into some suburbs and country.
It has yet to be demonstrated the protesters were on the McCloskey's property. They were on private property, yes. The street and sidewalk in that private neighborhood are almost certainly owned by the neighborhood association.

What are your state laws concerning pointing a deadly weapon at someone?

I'm not scared to defend myself, either. However, I don't find pointing a deadly weapon at protesters walking by to be reasonable reaction, even if it's a "private neighborhood".

Old 07-24-2020, 08:01 AM

28,982 posts, read 30,373,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
It has yet to be demonstrated the protesters were on the McCloskey's property. They were on private property, yes. The street and sidewalk in that private neighborhood are almost certainly owned by the neighborhood association.

I'm not scared to defend myself, either. However, I don't find pointing a deadly weapon at protesters walking by to be reasonable reaction, even if it's a "private neighborhood".
these protesters were not walking by, and they by law they shouldn't have been there.....they swore at the McCloskeys and threatened them and their dog.

Old 07-24-2020, 08:57 AM

5,121 posts, read 1,691,464 times
Quote:

I have the right to defend myself and my property if I feel threatened will trump whatever you are referring to.

Old 07-24-2020, 11:17 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,762,126 times
St. Louis 2020:
If a person defends Life, Liberty & Property, they are a criminal
People that threaten, harm and take, Life, Liberty & Property are the victims.

Does that sound like America? Welcome to Marxism 2020 USA

Old 07-24-2020, 11:24 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,762,126 times
Quote:

Life, Liberty, Property & Good Reputation, the founding of American Law.

It has always been true, that if one threatens, harms, or takes, anyone's Life, Liberty, Property, or Reputation, they could be killed in an instant. Justifiably. The entire reason for the courts. To decide guilt or innocence, or decide since he didn't kill you during the act, to decide when you will hang by the neck.

Old 07-24-2020, 11:27 AM

51,685 posts, read 25,947,539 times
They are charged with violating a Missouri law about threatening people with guns.

At the trial, they can present evidence that they were threatened, were in fear for their lives, etc.

That's how our justice system works.

Surprising that so many on this thread are unaware of this.

Old 07-24-2020, 11:33 AM

51,685 posts, read 25,947,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Life, Liberty, Property & Good Reputation, the founding of American Law.

It has always been true, that if one threatens, harms, or takes, anyone's Life, Liberty, Property, or Reputation, they could be killed in an instant. Justifiably. The entire reason for the courts. To decide guilt or innocence, or decide since he didn't kill you during the act, to decide when you will hang by the neck.

It is absolutely not true in the U.S. that if one threatens or harms your reputation, property, etc. that she/he can justifiably be killed in an instant.

What country do you live in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies