Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2020, 08:53 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Why on earth do you keep raising this untrue item.
Because it furthers their preferred narrative, of course. Why else?

Quote:
There is a very clear video of the protesters entering the tract through an open and apparently undamaged gate.
As has been mentioned by you, me, and several others multiple times in this very thread. It's almost like some people don't want to believe it, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2020, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I saw a picture of someone standing in front of the couple with a rifle or shot gun of sorts, not sure what it was,,,,,,
Link to that picture?

Old 07-17-2020, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Circumstantial evidence vs direct evidence

Circumstantial evidence that the mob had the potential for violence

1) the gate was broken
2) St Louis was under civil unrest, looting, and violence (one retired St Louis police captain was shot dead on the street) for 2 weeks straight before the mob trespassed on McCloskeys private community on June 28
The. Gate. Was. Broken. AFTER. The. Confrontation.

That's what the evidence indicates.

Old 07-17-2020, 09:00 AM

14,228 posts, read 4,592,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
The. Gate. Was. Broken. AFTER. The. Confrontation.

That's what the evidence indicates.
If you are the DA and try to convince 12 jurors that the gate magically self destruct, how do you plan to articulate that?

Maybe mens from Mars destroyed that gate?
Or maybe a mob of 200+ protesters destroyed that gate?

The defense attorney will show photography evidence of the destroyed gate AND videos of rioting/looting in St Louis over GeorgeFloyd killing

Old 07-17-2020, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Why on earth do you keep raising this untrue item. There is a very clear video of the protesters entering the tract through an open and apparently undamaged gate.
That means what? Did the video show everything transpired from beginning to the end?

Old 07-17-2020, 09:03 AM

89,001 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I saw a picture of someone standing in front of the couple with a rifle or shot gun of sorts, not sure what it was,,,,,,
Armed trespassers. If true, yeah... that's a huge problem for the DA's charges against the McCloskeys. The McCloskeys have security video so that would be submitted as defense evidence in any court trial against them.

Old 07-17-2020, 09:05 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times
The gate was not broken when the couple was pointing guns at the marchers.

The people were peacefully marching. As far as I am aware, there are no photos whatsoever of any of the marchers being armed with weapons.

Being crazy scared of what might happen is not a legal defense for threatening people with guns in any state.

61 pages of idiots on parade here.

Old 07-17-2020, 09:11 AM

Quote:
If you are the DA and try to convince 12 jurors that the gate magically self destruct, how do you plan to articulate that?
How do you turn "damage that happened sometime after the confrontation was initiated" into "magically self-destructs"?

Quote:
Maybe mens from Mars destroyed that gate?
Or maybe a mob of 200+ protesters destroyed that gate?
Maybe you should think critically for just a minute or two?

Quote:
The defense attorney will show photography evidence of the destroyed gate AND videos of rioting/looting in St Louis over GeorgeFloyd killing
I'm sure they might. I'm equally sure the prosecutor will show the video of the apparently undamaged gate at the start of the confrontation and point out how no one in that group of protesters "rioted or looted" during their march to the Mayor's house.

Old 07-17-2020, 09:11 AM

You guys notice that DA Kim Gardner did not charge the McCloskeys for any crime? It's been almost a month now. There is no PC to charge McCloskeys for any crime.

As for weapon seizure, i think it's all staged between the DA and McCloskeys

Old 07-17-2020, 09:12 AM

Quote:
You guys notice that DA Kim Gardner did not charge the McCloskeys for any crime? It's been almost a month now. There is no PC to charge McCloskeys for any crime.

As for weapon seizure, i think it's all staged between the DA and McCloskeys
I've said from the beginning I wouldn't be surprised if there were no charges.

What's your point? Minor crimes get passed on every day by DAs around the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies