Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2020, 05:45 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,148,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Pretty sick to believe that anyone wouldn't want this to end...
Let's be very clear about this.

The left wants this to end.

But they want it to end after the election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2020, 06:03 AM

407 posts, read 122,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post

No, the left, and everyone else, didn't want it to start in the first place. That was Trump's call. That was your call if you support him and his bad calls.

Old 07-12-2020, 06:08 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,889,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post

NO -- we want it over with 8 weeks ago.

Because this administration and Republican state governments in the country have mismanaged this health crisis, y'all want to try and put it on the folks screaming that there has to be better leadership/messaging.

That's ridiculous.

I live in the southeast and know many conservatives -- true conservatives -- not conservative because Trump is in office.

One of these kind hearted, sweet, hard working, caring individuals decided late in life to become in nurse. She started working at a local hospital (Charleston County) just before COVID.

One of our friends (another conservative -- great person ) posted that she was thinking of this nurse.

Our friend shocked us by posting a heart felt plea to take this seriously.

She works in an upper middle class area, there are seeing the ipmact on the hospital.

It is real.

Our Governor introduced a measure to help the spread...he's gonna make the bars and restaurants stop serving alcohol after 11:00 pm. : Well that's some leadership for you.

Schools are set to open in less than a month here. We just had a 5 year old child die in the Midlands of the state.

There is nothing in our leadership at state level that is making us feel like they have a clue what they are doing.

I don't want businesses to shut down. We went and ate at a patio yesterday. We were 12 feet from other tables. You have to wear a mask to go up and order.

I think kids HAVE to go to school but how is important.

I'm glad some states got their 'stuff' together and they aren't seeing many new cases but here in the southeast -- that just isn't the case.

Old 07-12-2020, 06:10 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,148,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax_G View Post
No, the left, and everyone else, didn't want it to start in the first place. That was Trump's call. That was your call if you support him and his bad calls.
Oh, OK. It was Trump's call to let the virus into the country......
Actually Trump made one of the only good decisions of the entire debacle, when he stopped flights coming in very early on, from China..... despite the howls of "racism" by the left.

RE: post 45 right below, I somewhat agree. I'm not letting Trump off the hook here, because after the good call on the China flights, he screwed up some decisions as well.

Last edited by BeerGeek40; 07-12-2020 at 06:29 AM..

Old 07-12-2020, 06:17 AM

3,306 posts, read 1,339,231 times
Trump: This is a hoax! We’re doing great! The virus will be gone in April! Hydroxychloroquine! Bleach injections!

America: please, mr president, listen to your experts. Wear a mask.

Trump: Lets have a big rally! The economy is the best!

America: cases are rising rapidly, if you aren’t going to lead at least put on a mask.

Trump: learn to live with it!

Trump supporters: omg the left is politicizing this little “china flu”

America: Le sigh...

Old 07-12-2020, 06:26 AM

25,431 posts, read 18,558,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax_G View Post
Yes, definitely. This is very similar to the weather machine Baby Bush had in the basement of the White House that he used to direct hurricanes to poor black areas of the south. He did that deliberately, of course. Trump schemed with the Chinese and developed this virus himself after reading through a build-it-yourself-virus-engineering correspondence course pdf posted on pinterest. He started in China with a dry run, since they have a population problem anyway. After seeing the success of his new creation, he then unleashed the virus on mainly blue states, as we can now see. Of course, he knew there would be collateral damage in red states, but he felt that it was worth the risk. He is now blackmailing and extorting the entire world, threatening to "unleash his baby" if any given nation doesn't bow to his whims. Brings a whole new meaning to "You're fired!" doesn't it?

In reality, we can all clearly see who made the "bad calls." It was blue state governors and mayors for the most part. Because Trump, for the most part has left it up to them. We are fifty STATES, and maybe Trump expected blue state rulers to be big boys and girls. THAT was certainly a bad call as we, and a lot of dead people, can clearly see.

Old 07-12-2020, 06:26 AM

1,984 posts, read 747,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
There is no educating these people. They think it's the same as a cold or a common flu. They don't want to wear masks but they think YOU are the one "rooting the virus on".
The stats don’t lie, for someone like me, 48, healthy, eat relatively healthy, workout 3 times a week, normal BMI, it’s nothing really to worry about, if I caught it probably wouldn’t be much more than the flu or common cold. That doesn’t stop me from taking precautions, I wear a mask, still haven’t gone back to the gym yet.

If I was in the opposite group, overweight, unhealthy, couldn’t even run to the refrigerator I was so out of shape, health issues, I would be more concerned.

Old 07-12-2020, 06:28 AM

34,160 posts, read 18,441,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
The time of assuming the left has good intentions is at an end. They are literally tearing the country apart before our eyes and actively trying to destroy the lives of anyone who disagrees with them. They are at the point where they seek to win at ANY cost.
^^^^This. The Democrat/Media alliance will do anything, including destroying this country to get rid of Trump and gain permanent, absolute Marxist power.

Old 07-12-2020, 06:32 AM

30,533 posts, read 18,015,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Pretty sick to believe that anyone wouldn't want this to end...
The way the MSM sensationalizes the “spike” in cases without noting fewer people dying and the way that people went out of their way to try to discredit hydroxychloroquine as a treatment (even pushing out now discredited studies showing that the drug was “dangerous”), I don’t know how you could think anything else.

Old 07-12-2020, 06:38 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,375,744 times
Thank you for the link, and the usual right wing conspiracy theory spiel we see from conservatives in just about every post. I think it's there a possibility this works, i see absolutely no justification why it shouldn't be tried. This doesn't involve ingesting some drug that was not made for covid. It's just a simply inhaler you can give covid patients on day one of their hospital visit. If it doesn't work, nothing was lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies