Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2020, 11:59 AM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,885,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Really big, fantastical and transparent leaps and innuendos you are making there.

No! No! NO! You don't get to place the OP in the Democratic Party and then attach all Democrats and liberals to stupid stuff. Nice twisty propaganda nonsense from whomever is trying to plant the idea that Democrats and progressives hate the Constitution and the country and desire to dissolve both.

The world has watched as Trump Republicans have choked the Constitution and demolished democracy. So now that dedicated Americans, Republicans and Democrats alike, have taken a stand to protect the institutions that have made the United States a great nation, you Hawk, are going to preposterously pretend that Trumpisms' goal wasn't and isn't to achieve exactly the destruction of those very institutions? You know, blame shift Trumpisms' white nationalistic, deconstruct the principles of American government goals to Democrats?

That sure is some Parscale-Putinesque type propaganda you are trying to push. Nice try, but no cigar.

BTW: I thought we liberal retarded types and Democrats were too elite and educated and "booksmart" and that was our problem; so now that it is convenient for you, just forget that accusation and make a new one, never mind that it is another generalized statement that is the polar opposite. How dumb do you think people are, Hawkeye?

IMHO, the Trump campaign is desperate because the Democratic Party agenda is to gather all patriotic Americans in a shared fidelity to the Constitution and a commitment to defeat Trumpism. And this resonates with we the people. And it has Trump running scared.
Pelosi, Putin's biggest puppet. Trying to destroy America's faith in their institutions. How has our President "choked the Constitution and demolished democracy?" You just repeat a lot of mindless talking points and demonstrate you have trouble thinking for yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2020, 12:03 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
Trump would like nothing better than to trash the constitution. He’d be a dictator for sure then with no restraint.

Old 07-12-2020, 12:06 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
We're a lot closer to the Salem witch trial era now than the Founders were. "He talked to Trump. Burn him at the stake."
Yeah really. Forget about the scientific revolution and reason and enlightenment and all that "white stuff". "He's a racist. Burn the racist.".

Old 07-12-2020, 12:27 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
We're a lot closer to the Salem witch trial era now than the Founders were. "He talked to Trump. Burn him at the stake."
Good point. There is a reason for the "witch hunt" analogy. It has a historical basis. Lol call it Social Salem. The SS.

The anacronymic pun should ruffle a few feathers. Of course a lot of the crowd out there calling Trump a Nazi and for all who may support him in any way to be publically executed dont even know who the Nazis were and what the SS was.

They dont teach that in school any more.

Old 07-12-2020, 12:29 PM

289 posts, read 143,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Cool idea. Where do you plan on putting this new country?
Greater Seattle area maybe?

Old 07-12-2020, 12:30 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
the old one was Created during a time when Slavery was normal, witches were real and people didn't know where the sun went at night. Maybe its time for a NEW country and constitution to get up to date to MODERN times?

No.

You can start a new country somewhere else.

/ end thread.

Old 07-14-2020, 07:08 AM

20,333 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
I see you don’t get it. It’s not actually the constitution itself that bothers them. It’s who wrote it when. Slave owners wrote it in the eighteenth century. It’s gotta go.

If some SJWs write a constitution now, it doesn’t matter what’s it in. It will be great by definition because it was written by the woke.
I hope you're being sarcastic because I just repped you for that post, LOL.

Old 07-14-2020, 07:10 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
the old one was Created during a time when Slavery was normal, witches were real and people didn't know where the sun went at night. Maybe its time for a NEW country and constitution to get up to date to MODERN times?
One that won't allow free speech, right? Or freedom of religion (except for the religion of "Woke")?

Old 07-14-2020, 07:12 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Trump would like nothing better than to trash the constitution. He’d be a dictator for sure then with no restraint.
And yet that hasn't happened. The only ones we see wanting to "trash the constitution" are on the left.

Old 07-14-2020, 07:36 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
It makes me very grateful that I was an involved parent and actually took a hands on role in raising my son. And I saw the public education system attempt to punish him all the time for the unpardonable sin of asking questions and calling the BS when he saw it.

Just like I did growing up he had access to my Dads extensive library. He was encouraged to read. And he had more than just the educational system's skewed and censored perspective to work with.

I didnt hand my son over for public school to raise. Far to many people have done and are doing that. Witness the result in the OP. And before someone says it, my hat is made of wool felt. Not foil.
Per the highlighted portion on libraries...I encourage anyone to actually tour the colonial homes of the South, like in Williamsburg VA, Charleston SC, etc. Just peruse what is on the library shelves of the old south, and understand they were considered LESS educated. It's funny how much more educated and well read our forebears were compared to now.

Shame there's only like a dozen schools in the nation that still offer a classical education. That was THE standard back in the day. It's how a document like the Declaration or the Constitution gets written and then gets reasonable, learned people to discuss debate and eventually agree upon.

Shame it only lasted a few years before tyranny's cancer arrived in the host, but at the outset, there really was some good thinking, talking, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies