Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2020, 09:42 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
When they prosecute the 500+ looters, part of their sentence, after serving a mandatory 10 years, is to go back and clean up the MESS they made of the cities. This includes all looters in all cities they affected.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...esses/2445932/

https://www.foxla.com/news/over-500-...in-downtown-la
Great idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2020, 10:27 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Yes, it takes a few days.

So far the lefty talking points related to this seem to be:

1- This will cost Trump Minnesota in the election (but if he had approved the funding, it would have been "He is buying votes!")

2- The truth is coming out that the rioters/looters/arsonists were mostly organized right wing provocateurs.
This looks right so far, but it is so pathetically weak on the first point, and so demonstrably false on the second point, that it seems likely that they will try to come out with something even more implausible to try to spin this their way.

Old 07-12-2020, 11:32 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
I don't know if Trump will win my state, Minnesota.

It will be as close as 2016, where he nearly won this traditionally "blue" presidential state, all while nearly doing nothing here the whole time.

Biden, IMO, is an even worse candidate than Hillary this go-round, and that's really saying something. Even Biden knows he has no business being President, evident in his promise to be a one-term president (and empty suit for a very radical and anti-white racist woman of color).

Old 07-12-2020, 11:37 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The Democrat Governor of Minnesota is 'disappointed' that President Trump denied his request for $500 million in federal dollars to clean up the mess from the riots, looting, arson and destruction that was carried out and led by the Democrat left BLM and Antifa groups. Meanwhile, the police were ordered to stand down while their cities burn by Democrat Governors and Mayors.

The Democrat governor apparently has no capacity for shame, even asking for this money. What is the matter with this guy? The Democrats in Minessota created this hell and therefore it would be wrong to have that funded by the federal government and the American taxpayer.

Good move, Mr. President.
It is a 10th Amendment issue.

Why should other States residents pay for your residence destruction?
Go pound sand.

Old 07-12-2020, 01:15 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
What a weird thing to cheer over.
It's weird to cheer that my tax dollars didn't get wasted cleaning up a mess in another state that a bunch of immature, petulant, spoiled, toddler-in-mind vandals made? Tell me why it is weird. If some random person across town burns his own house down whilst throwing a tantrum, do you go pay for his house to be rebuilt?

Old 07-12-2020, 01:21 PM

7,975 posts, read 7,350,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
It's weird to cheer that my tax dollars didn't get wasted cleaning up a mess in another state that a bunch of immature, petulant, spoiled, toddler-in-mind vandals made? Tell me why it is weird. If some random person across town burns his own house down whilst throwing a tantrum, do you go pay for his house to be rebuilt?
Obviously, the poster is a liberal. He wants YOU to pay for the tantrum thrower's house to be rebuilt.

Old 07-12-2020, 03:23 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Obviously, the poster is a liberal. He wants YOU to pay for the tantrum thrower's house to be rebuilt.
which makes me more gleeful that the OP and his ilk did not get their way.

Can't wait to see Mn massive state budget cuts to come.

Old 07-12-2020, 08:51 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
He lost Minnesota then. He is already like 15% down in polling as is. This will only hurt him more in polling. Mind you he only lost Minnesota by 2% in 2016.
So...you're saying that Trump has the integrity to do what is right even if it hurts him politically?

I'm glad you can at least admit that!

Old 07-12-2020, 08:54 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Maybe thru insurance... but that's voluntary.

Old 07-12-2020, 08:56 PM

2,923 posts, read 977,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
What kind of bad decisions have New York and California made that Trump himself didn't do? There is a lot of blood from Covid-19 that happened in NY and Cali that were done from a federal level. This includes the HEROES Bill which is held up by Moscow Mitch...
no not true at all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies