Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 06:55 PM

15,803 posts, read 6,261,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
'Saying' you believe in God and Actually believing in God, are two very different concepts.

For example, someone who hates the notion of God, can say they believe in God, then proceed to do all kinds of horrible things. This way, people who don't believe in God can feel cozy and say: You see these evil theists? they're proof God doesn't exist. They'll even go as far to say Hitler was a Christian. Needless to say, they aren't too bright.
I'm an atheist and I would love to believe in God. My transcendent experience was beautiful. The evidence just isn't there. Many people who claim to believe in God waste their belief in my opinion. If I thought was I felt was real and not just a product of my mind I would be unstoppable. What's with all the ego stuff if you are a believer? Do you also suspect it's just a game we play with ourselves?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2020, 06:57 PM

15,803 posts, read 6,261,660 times
Quote:
Likewise, asserting there is no God, is a knowledge claim, therefore placing the burden of proof on the atheist. You're an agnostic though, that seems unwilling to follow the logical path to a creator.
Few atheists will assert there is no God. As you said, that is a knowledge claim. Most atheists will tell you there isn't sufficient evidence for a knowledge claim such as "God exists".

Old 07-13-2020, 07:24 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,175,469 times
Quote:
Well, when you believe in an objective moral lawgiver, you actually have a justification for boycotting immoral reprobates. Otherwise you're just pissing against the wind.
Yes, Jesus said, "Hate thy neighbor unless he is like you." Jesus taught us intolerance and how to kill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
That is true- marxists seek to destroy religion, such that the state takes the place of the church. This is why communist movements like the American left seek to destroy Christianity, while supporting Islam as a common ally.

Liberals believe in the state and have thier faith in an all controlling government. Part of the reason liberals are such miserable people is that they lack religious faith and thus have no emotional anchor in life. This creates a being with lack of conviction and a void that cannot be filled, thus thier violent, irrational behavior.

For liberals, morality is very fluid (as are facts and history) and is modified to suit the political objectives of the party. All marxists ahve advocated this and, of course, Allinksy urged libs/commie to use this as a political tool
Is Islam not a religion. You contradict yourself sir.

Why are you using 'Marxist', 'liberals', and 'communists' interchangeably?

When you write screeds like above, I suggest you do so in front of a mirror and then let us know who is miserable. Good luck!

Old 07-13-2020, 07:44 PM

13,564 posts, read 4,871,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
That is true- marxists seek to destroy religion, such that the state takes the place of the church. This is why communist movements like the American left seek to destroy Christianity, while supporting Islam as a common ally.

Liberals believe in the state and have thier faith in an all controlling government. Part of the reason liberals are such miserable people is that they lack religious faith and thus have no emotional anchor in life. This creates a being with lack of conviction and a void that cannot be filled, thus thier violent, irrational behavior.

For liberals, morality is very fluid (as are facts and history) and is modified to suit the political objectives of the party. All marxists ahve advocated this and, of course, Allinksy urged libs/commie to use this as a political tool
Good God! Have you ever noticed how many conservatives are on this forum spouting off about "liberals believe this" or "liberals want that". What are you, a mind reader? Why don't you focus on what YOU believe or want?

I know, it's much easier to mis-characterize someone else's positions than to explain your own. You have no f*ing clue of my personal religious faith, emotional anchors or convictions. I could pin all sorts of psychopathic motives to your diatribe, but i won't.

Old 07-13-2020, 09:52 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,593,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I'm an atheist and I would love to believe in God.
Okay, well that's a start at least
Quote:
The evidence just isn't there.
What type of 'evidence' would placate your impeccable standard for knowledge?
Quote:
If I thought was I felt was real and not just a product of my mind I would be unstoppable.
Interesting
Quote:
What's with all the ego stuff if you are a believer?
What do you mean by 'ego stuff'? Is English your first language? Seems you're having a tough time articulating yourself.

Last edited by jdaelectro; 07-13-2020 at 10:00 PM..

Old 07-14-2020, 06:26 AM

20,263 posts, read 19,847,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Most Trump supporters don't believe in Hell or else they should be very worried. Well at least you'll all get to see all your friends in the afterlife.
I see you're quite learned when it comes to the New Testament.

Old 07-14-2020, 06:27 AM

20,263 posts, read 19,847,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Most Trump supporters don't believe in Hell or else they should be very worried. Well at least you'll all get to see all your friends in the afterlife.
Where will the BLM and Antifa assaulter, arsonist and looter end up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies