Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2020, 06:19 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
this is truly vile.

BLM has been raiding the public facebook of Jessica Whitaker, the White woman that they murdered in Indiana.
They are celebrating her death and mocking her family members.

https://www.revolver.news/2020/07/bl...doty-whitaker/

How are any of those people associated with BLM?

Also, I'm somewhat less than shocked that there are people saying awful, heinous things on the internet. It's a daily occurrence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2020, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It's still trying to shift blame away from the offender to the victim. Who cares what the victims said? It doesn't make the violent offender any less to blame.
It certainly adds context counter to the narrative that she was shot "simply because she said all lives matter", however.

I maintain that there is a LOT to this story we're still not getting.

Old 07-14-2020, 07:00 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,583 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
How are any of those people associated with BLM?

Also, I'm somewhat less than shocked that there are people saying awful, heinous things on the internet. It's a daily occurrence.
I'm also no longer shocked at what people say on the internet, and after years and years of reading internet hate, people become desensitized and just say those things in person.

When I first started using the internet I would read a forum hosted by Massachusetts General Hospital. They had a support forum for parents with terminally ill children. People would bomb that sight over night with "hope your child dies a slow and painful death" "I saw your child today and he was crying in pain and begging for you but you weren't there". And other unspeakable stuff.

There isn't a situation too awful and sad, that evil people won't go there and kick the suffering in the teeth.

And the rest of us are standing there in the grocery store line next to these bottom dwellers and we don't even know it.

Old 07-14-2020, 07:18 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,394,400 times
Quote:
It certainly adds context counter to the narrative that she was shot "simply because she said all lives matter", however.

I maintain that there is a LOT to this story we're still not getting.
If "all lives matter" was stated, then it is a large part of the context whether standing alone as a "simple" statement or not.

There is nothing that could be added to the story that would matter in the least, in the context of an unarmed White woman being shot by a Black man. That's the primary story, and there is no context that you could add that will detract from that. It doesn't matter what was or wasn't said, or even if guns were brandished. Pulling that trigger in the direction of that woman's head is seven levels of crime and guilt above anything else that occurred.

However, what was said adds context. If anything that was said or done in addition, that's further context but it doesn't detract from the context of the BLM dispute.

BLM protesters and advocates have been regularly involved in murders, both premeditated and seemingly spontaneous but all depraved, at BLM protest sites and now in disputes such as this.

You can try to mitigate the damage with wasted effort toward parsing nuance that doesn't exist, but no one cares.

These murders will continue, the reputation of BLM will continue to dive and public support will continue to go against it, and you will be here wondering why people don't see the culpability of cops, unarmed mothers, and children in their own deaths because your political interests have clouded your judgement beyond reason.

Old 07-14-2020, 07:23 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
this is truly vile.

BLM has been raiding the public facebook of Jessica Whitaker, the White woman that they murdered in Indiana.
They are celebrating her death and mocking her family members.

https://www.revolver.news/2020/07/bl...doty-whitaker/
My God, some people are VILE.

Old 07-14-2020, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
If "all lives matter" was stated, then it is a large part of the context whether standing alone as a "simple" statement or not.
#1 - All we have to go on that it was even uttered is the claims made by the fiance.

#2 - Even if it was said, that doesn't automatically make it a "large part of the context" of the shooting. I'm betting someone in the group the victim was with using the n-bomb was a MUCH larger part of the context - if words even had anything to do with it.

Quote:
There is nothing that could be added to the story that would matter in the least, in the context of an unarmed White woman being shot by a Black man. That's the primary story, and there is no context that you could add that will detract from that. It doesn't matter what was or wasn't said, or even if guns were brandished. Pulling that trigger in the direction of that woman's head is seven levels of crime and guilt above anything else that occurred.
#1 - We don't know that she was shot by a black person - man or woman.

#2 - We don't know she was even the target, since her fiance evidently pulled a gun on the opposing group.

Quote:
However, what was said adds context. If anything that was said or done in addition, that's further context but it doesn't detract from the context of the BLM dispute.
Who says this has anything to do with BLM? A group of black folks that oppose racism isn't automatically associated with BLM. Right?

Quote:
BLM protesters and advocates have been regularly involved in murders, both premeditated and seemingly spontaneous but all depraved, at BLM protest sites and now in disputes such as this.

You can try to mitigate the damage with wasted effort toward parsing nuance that doesn't exist, but no one cares.

These murders will continue, the reputation of BLM will continue to dive and public support will continue to go against it, and you will be here wondering why people don't see the culpability of cops, unarmed mothers, and children in their own deaths because your political interests have clouded your judgement beyond reason.
Well, that certainly appears to be the case. Which is sad because nuance is reality and it is important.

Instead the two sides will just boil it down to "Those BLM thugs were just looking for an excuse to kill a white person!" and "That racist ***** got what she deserved!" and the truth is a casualty of political posturing, yet again.

Carry on.

Old 07-14-2020, 08:06 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
We fought war(s) to KILL COMMUNISTS.

Now they are running our country, and running in the streets.

Is it okay for me, as a resident of a country that sent countless of its sons to KILL COMMUNISTS, that I'd like to see the same thing done to all the neo-communists running wild in America today (both in power - and their Shock Troops)?

I hate them with every shred of my soul.

Old 07-14-2020, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
We fought war(s) to KILL COMMUNISTS.

Now they are running our country, and running in the streets.

Is it okay for me, as a resident of a country that sent countless of its sons to KILL COMMUNISTS, that I'd like to see the same thing done to all the neo-communists running wild in America today (both in power - and their Shock Troops)?

I hate them with every shred of my soul.

So, you're fantasizing about killing fellow citizens because they......what? Have a different political stance than you do?

Old 07-14-2020, 08:29 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
Quote:
So, you're fantasizing about killing fellow citizens because they......what? Have a different political stance than you do?
Did our government not send tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) to their deaths because of communism...because it was so evil a philosophy?

Well, then, yes...I am no different than the United States government of old - I do believe communism/communists are so evil, they deserve Hell.

Old 07-14-2020, 08:36 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Sure seems that way, and he tries to justify it by falsely labeling people as communists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies