Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2020, 07:10 PM

25,744 posts, read 12,824,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
In 2020, if the deficit is "your issue" then you don't understand either modern economics or what is happening in the social sphere (a bad result within which will take your deficit into the stratosphere).

In 2020, deficit issues may as well be for subversives and the severely underprivileged (who didn't get enough education to be able to have perspective on the national books).

We have people that worry about the deficit balance. Social politics determines who those people are. You trying to vote the deficit down is like someone trying to vote on what a correct medical technique is even though you aren't a doctor. And it reads as just as bizarrely out of touch.
We are near the point where words do not matter. The social sphere is mere words. Eventually, words must be backed up by something of value, or the threat of lives. It won't just be the underprivileged who get sucked into to this when the dominos start to fall, and words have no meaning anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2020, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Look at this folks. This - if you follow this forum at all and are familiar with various posters - should tell you that it IS possible to find common ground.

Well, except for the fact that Finn detests Trump. LOL. I dislike him enough that he wasn’t getting my vote before, but he’s been more moderate in action than I’d have thought. I don’t care whether others think he’s an “embarrassment”. I don’t care that he speaks like a four year old.

I do care that he caved and increased spending, particularly on our already bloated military budget. But we haven’t been sending troops to “fight” in foreign countries by the thousands, and has been better than I expected when it comes to trying to curb China.

Looking at the alternative, Joe China Biden, is enough to get me to back Orange Man this time. Probably.
We are stuck with bad, and worse. I think we might all agree with that. Neither is even talking about what will wind up being our undoing. That is the media's fault, and our education system.

I tried repeatedly to prove that Americans got 16% of the Covid-19 $3.5T stimulus, but few believed me (even though I did the simple math for them).

The debt is intangible to Americans. Somebody must wake them up. The wolf is at our doorstep.

Old 07-12-2020, 07:54 PM

57,314 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Didn’t Rand Paul vote for the 2017 tax cut that increased the deficit.

Old 07-12-2020, 08:13 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Howso? Please elaborate, and provide links.

He's a bit odd, but he's a fine family man, and follows our laws. His income is the lowest of all 535 congressman, because he won't take bribes, or kickbacks.

Please dig up some real verifiable dirt on him, and get back to us....with links.

Tell me who you think is more honest, more law abiding, and has a better proven track record of fiscal responsibility in Washington DC than Rand Paul.

We'll be here waiting on you.
Well, he almost got everyone in Congress killed by not following Covid protocols.

There's a good start.

Then again, that end result sounds more like a blessing so maybe I have to rethink it.

Old 07-12-2020, 08:35 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
I defy you to find 1 person in Washington DC who would be more likely to stop the wreckless spending.

Thomas Massie is another, but he doesn't have the name recognition of Rand Paul, so he's #2.

These are the only 2 Congressman in Washington DC out of 535, to vote NO to all the Covid-19 "stimulus" spending.

If you put EVERY other issue aside, & put 100% of your vote into stopping the wreckless spending, there is no better choice.

Why should you put every other issue aside?

Because in the next 4.5 yrs, interest payments on our national debt will overtake defense spending. Interest will threaten national security.

Also, interest was $600B in 2019. We spent $1,044B on Social Security in 2019. Interest is growing faster. Interest will threaten SS.

By the end of this decade, interest on the debt will eclipse social security spending too.

To put it another way, in 2029 if we had no interest, we could DOUBLE all SSecurity payments, so people could live off SS (in many places).

Rand Paul & Thomas Massie would have 533 Congresspersons fighting them every step of the way, so some of them must go too.

How, and/or where to cut the budget is another topic. Please start another thread to discuss that.

This topic is about putting spending 1st, & finding the best leader to make it so.
The US has been debt free one year, 1835.

Reagan campaigned on a promise to balance the budget. His administration did not once in 8 years do so and the debt crossed the $ trillion mark.

Seems to me “ budget hawks” went out of fashion once Obama was out of office.

The public rejected Rand Paul in 2016.

He tends to huff and puff a lot and at the end of the day, goes with the flow more often than not.

Old 07-12-2020, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Didn’t Rand Paul vote for the 2017 tax cut that increased the deficit.
He is normally for every tax cut and against every spending increase. Sound strategy.

Who do you think is better? Why didnt you offer that up?

Old 07-12-2020, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Well, he almost got everyone in Congress killed by not following Covid protocols.

There's a good start.

Then again, that end result sounds more like a blessing so maybe I have to rethink it.
Covid threads abound on City Data, but not here. Go away. I made that crystal clear. Did you go to inner city Dem controlled schools? That would explain it.

When he didnt wear a mask, he was cleared of C-19 and had anti bodies, so you failed to discredit him.

Why did you also fail to tell us whoyou think is better at cutting spending? Because you can't. You failed.

Old 07-12-2020, 10:07 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcarguy49 View Post
I was gonna vote for creepy Joe, but now after reading this I am voting write-in for Rand Paul!!!! I think he has a good chance of being elected on write-ins.
No way. Paul didn't want money going to 9/11 heroes and voted that down. Paul despite getting Covid-19 was one of a few nos to the initial Covid-19 stimulus bills. This is despite voting for the tax cut. He don't give a damn about the people.

I think the only reason this is now conservatives realize Trump in 2020 is a lost cause. Expect a 333-205 victory for Biden.

Old 07-12-2020, 10:10 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Covid threads abound on City Data, but not here. Go away. I made that crystal clear. Did you go to inner city Dem controlled schools? That would explain it.

When he didnt wear a mask, he was cleared of C-19 and had anti bodies, so you failed to discredit him.

Why did you also fail to tell us whoyou think is better at cutting spending? Because you can't. You failed.
Uh huh.

Old 07-12-2020, 11:15 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,047,727 times
deficit?

not my problem.

let our grandkids' grandkids take care of the debt.

i'm not gonna roll in my grave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies