Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2020, 11:07 AM

315 posts, read 115,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nva06 View Post
You know I’ve seen so many posts on black and black violence but BLM was made to address police brutality and the injustices minorities face. There are many organizations and have been many protests before George Floyd on Black on Black violence. Blacks have been fighting for gun control which would help in black communities so don’t go saying black on black violence is not being addressed by BLM the reason is that they weren’t made to address it

BLM talks about many things beside police brutality.

They don't talk about black on black violence, which is so far disproportionate to police shootings that it isn't even funny, because it hurts their overall narrative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2020, 11:07 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,508,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
So she gets fired for making a mistake on what she posted on her instagram. She should get reprimand not fired!

After all hasn't it been said over and over on here, that people are getting fired for their social media posts way too much, which is proof of 1984?

If you don't see the difference, that's your problem. Things will get evened out. Payback's a *****.

Old 07-12-2020, 11:10 AM

26,151 posts, read 14,784,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
It's going to take the righties a while to process this action. Their automatic reaction when they read the title is that somebody got fired for being critical of Black Lives Matter. Therefore their knee jerk responses are all out of sorts here.
I hate to see anyone fired, even for this. I would prefer some type of punishment, but people get fired all the time for posts online.

Part of me thinks the best way to end cancel culture is to enforce on it the far left themselves.

Quote:
If the policy was stated clearly and she violated I think they have grounds to fire her provided the policy didn't violate her rights as a private citizen. If so then she should get an attorney.
I think it is obvious that she violated policy with that post. As a teacher who talks to cops in our building it is clear that teachers and cops are under strict social media guidelines.

Her post is easily interpreted as inciting violence in addition to other issues with it coming from a law officer.

Quote:
All I know is that if an officer got fired for making an anti black lives matter comment on social media....the mods would probably have to sticky this thread. LOL.
Officers have been fired for criticizing BLM. Where have you been?

Old 07-12-2020, 11:11 AM

235 posts, read 113,576 times
People always talk about black on black violence to deflect from what we are talking about acting like one is more acceptable than the other. You never hear white on white violence even though the majority of whites are killed by whites.

Old 07-12-2020, 11:12 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,508,169 times
Quote:
People always talk about black on black violence to deflect from what we are talking about acting like one is more acceptable than the other. You never hear white on white violence even though the majority of whites are killed by whites.

So you're saying White Lives Matter?

Old 07-12-2020, 11:13 AM

And when the Assault Weapons ban was in effect was actually when crime went down a lot.

Old 07-12-2020, 11:13 AM

29,628 posts, read 24,648,366 times
Quote:

You also don't hear white people complaining or see them burning down their communities whenever a white criminal is killed by the police.

Old 07-12-2020, 11:15 AM

3,483 posts, read 2,754,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
If you don't see the difference, that's your problem. Things will get evened out. Payback's a *****.
So now you're being a hypocrite. If someone gets fired for a social media post criticizing Black Lives Matter, it's proof that society is descending into 1984.

But if someone gets fired for a pro Black Lives Matter social media post, well that's alright....

Old 07-12-2020, 11:16 AM

12,148 posts, read 7,118,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Excuse me, but what is BLM doing to address and prevent black on black violence? BLM is using a slogan to hide their true intent, which has nothing to do with stopping the violence that takes place on our streets on a daily basis.
Exactly, and besides not doing anything, what BLM wants (defunding the police) will actually lead to more murders in the inner cities.

Old 07-12-2020, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
You also don't hear white people complaining or see them burning down their communities whenever a white criminal is killed by the police.
Show me a video of a white person being choked and kneeled and saying I can’t breathe or police officers killing a white women in a bed then. You can’t because being white in this country is privilege.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies