Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2020, 09:13 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
So different from pubs getting triggered by Dems not buying Goya, right? All over FB I kept seeing trumpees pledging to fill their pantries with Goya.

No one gives a rat's a$$.

We don't BurnLootMurder.

We boycott, generally, rather than demand people get fired.

Big difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2020, 09:21 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
We don't BurnLootMurder.

We boycott, generally, rather than demand people get fired.

Big difference.
Such a clever use of BLM!! Following your Dear Leader like a good little soldier!!

Back on topic, why is it an issue when Dems boycott products and not when Pubs do?

For the record, no one cares if you boycott Starbucks. I don't go there either. Their coffee sucks and their CEO is an ahole.

Old 07-12-2020, 09:26 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,033,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
7-11 and McDonald's have the best tasting coffee and for around $1.00
Indeed. Wife has gotten an iced coffee from there a few times, My favorite is from Sonic's get a huge rte 44 iced coffee.

Old 07-12-2020, 09:34 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
So when pubs boycott it's patriotic and when Dems do it it's cancel culture, babyish, stupid, pathetic, and unamerican?
Yeah, pretty much.

On the surface, I have no issue with anyone choosing to withhold their money from any company, for whatever reason they wish. My issue is the underlying reasons for the boycotts. Conservatives boycott companies that support the continual tearing down of the pillars of this country. Liberals boycott companies that support the things that make this country strong.

Old 07-12-2020, 09:41 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
https://www.latimes.com/business/sto...k-lives-matter

Starbucks overpriced coffee place now creates t shirts for the employees to wear.....I will never go there again! Their coffee was high priced and now I won't even stop in for anything.. This is really pathetic! The last thing I want to see is another ***** Lives Matter t-shirt...
Sounds like their coffee was too expensive for you. I doubt they’ll miss you.

Old 07-12-2020, 09:45 PM

6,344 posts, read 2,898,603 times
They usually have nice clean restrooms and they let you use them even it you don't buy anything. And I really like the chocolate covered madeleines.

Old 07-12-2020, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Sounds like their coffee was too expensive for you. I doubt they’ll miss you.

Wow! Now there's a gigantic leap in deduction. She said that their coffee was "overpriced". Pretty clear statement.

What do you do for an encore?

Old 07-12-2020, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
They usually have nice clean restrooms and they let you use them even it you don't buy anything. And I really like the chocolate covered madeleines.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...meless-shelter

Old 07-12-2020, 09:52 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
San Francisco Bay Organic Rain Forest Blend at Costco -- something like $17 for three pounds, way better coffee!
Starbucks. COSTCO. Both Seattle products. Time to abandon their money sources. Once this city decides to trample the subversives that took it over, maybe sympathetic customers will return.

Old 07-12-2020, 09:57 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,899,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Yeah, pretty much.

On the surface, I have no issue with anyone choosing to withhold their money from any company, for whatever reason they wish. My issue is the underlying reasons for the boycotts. Conservatives boycott companies that support the continual tearing down of the pillars of this country. Liberals boycott companies that support the things that make this country strong.
You're lack of self awareness is astonishing.

What you call "tearing down of the pillars of this country" other call progress.

What others call clinging evils of the past you call "things that make this country strong"

Really it is the mix of these two forces that have lead US to be the country we are today.

If everyone thought like you in the 1700's we would still be park of the UK.

Companies are allowed to make their values known if they wish, and people are free to support or not support companies based on those values. It is the American way.

Last edited by LIOC; 07-12-2020 at 10:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies