Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2020, 10:57 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times

Advertisements

Oh, I'm sure Chuck Woolery is an expert on the current corona virus crisis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2020, 03:18 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Are we advocating violence again?

There are an awful lot of people on crack, then ...

It just depends on which celebrity. Nothing like a little hypocrisy.

Freedom of speech, baby.

Old 07-14-2020, 03:20 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,391,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Houston has third largest Sunday paper in the country. Yesterday, the Houston Chronicle, for the first time, had a "stand-alone" 43 page obituary due to COVID deaths
They could have done that for the SARS epidemic under Obama. Ask yourself why they're making a special effort now.

Old 07-14-2020, 03:25 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Oh, I'm sure Chuck Woolery is an expert on the current corona virus crisis.

Only a complete idiot would think what Woolery has to say about the virus has any merit.

Old 07-14-2020, 03:30 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,686,640 times
The longer this thing goes on and how it's being handled just can't help but to think that there are political motives behind it. I try to refrain from hyperbole or "conspiracy" theories, but man, things just aren't lining up to be legit. It's like the goal post keeps moving around. First it was to flatten the curve and then here in Ca they put in insanely difficult parameters of requirements to move forward with opening back up, especially being a metro of 13 million people. I don't know, things aren't passing the sniff test. They told us from the get go that the numbers will increase, but the system isn't overwhelmed and the death count isn't astronomical.

It's starting to feel like a snow job here and a power grab and a way to make trump look bad. I think they want the chaos and lockdowns until November and they'll do their best to say that all of this is Trump's fault, all in some effort to have people vote for the DNC's easily controlled empty vessel that is Biden.

Old 07-14-2020, 03:31 PM
bjh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Trump's tweets aside, Fauci didn't exactly do himself any favors when he lied about wearing masks and then refused to speak out against the protests as a dangerous potential form.of transmission..Fauci has shown that he's not exactly neutral on the subject.
Many don't seem to know Fauci said AIDS would kill millions of Americans. Decades later it's killed fewer than one million. He also said AIDS would kill outside of sexual or drug abuse behaviors. It hasn't.

Old 07-14-2020, 03:35 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The longer this thing goes on and how it's being handled just can't help but to think that there are political motives behind it. I try to refrain from hyperbole or "conspiracy" theories, but man, things just aren't lining up to be legit. It's like the goal post keeps moving around. First it was to flatten the curve and then here in Ca they put in insanely difficult parameters of requirements to move forward with opening back up, especially being a metro of 13 million people. I don't know, things aren't passing the sniff test. They told us from the get go that the numbers will increase, but the system isn't overwhelmed and the death count isn't astronomical.

It's starting to feel like a snow job here and a power grab and a way to make trump look bad. I think they want the chaos and lockdowns until November and they'll do their best to say that all of this is Trump's fault, all in some effort to have people vote for the DNC's easily controlled empty vessel that is Biden.

And the entire WORLD is in on it!

Trump does not need help making himself look bad.

Old 07-14-2020, 03:36 PM
bjh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
These are special cases which the media wants you to believe happens with every case. It's simply not true.

We know a family of 5 in the same house where only two of them tested positive, yet they were all in constant contact with each other at all times. Out of the two positive cases, one was high risk due to cancer and they both recovered within a week. Sure, this could also be considered a special case, but I also have 4 more of them I could tell. Adding my personal experience to the statistical data i have seen, makes this a pretty low risk virus to most people in my opinion. . . .
Someone else on here was saying family members living in close proximity with infected individuals are not getting Covid-19. Possibly some are genetically predisposed to it and others in fact cannot get it. Interesting.

Old 07-14-2020, 03:40 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
And the entire WORLD is in on it!

Trump does not need help making himself look bad.
Many parts of the world are getting back to normal already.

Yes, Trump probably doesn't need much help in making himself look bad, at times anyway. I'll concede that much.

Old 07-14-2020, 03:41 PM
bjh

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Well, they are lying. A lot of them, anyway.

If you can't see that this thing has been politicized beyond anything we've ever seen before, you're either incredibly stupid or willfully ignorant.

If you don't think that there are a lot of people will use the pandemic in any way they can to keep the president from being re-elected, you're either incredibly stupid or willfully ignorant.

Once you accept those two realities, everything anyone says is suspect. Doesn't matter which "side." Everyone's gaming this thing to try and gain something. Everyone.

If a person is smart, and interested in what's actually going on with this thing, they're ignoring just about everything being "officially" reported and seeking out information from alternative sources. Most of what you're getting from the "media" is bullcrap. Pure nonsense. They take a kernel of truth and grow it into a monstrous lie. For political gain...

I've discovered that the overwhelming majority of people either aren't smart, or aren't interested in the truth. Their primary interest in this thing is how it can be used for political advantage.. . .
Excellent post. But there are none so blind as those who will not see, as the saying goes. Once people sincerely fear for their lives it can take several months before they can think straight on any perceived risks. A return to reality may occur about the same time inducing fear in the public becomes less politically useful to some. We'll see what happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies