Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 04:42 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Powerful propaganda aimed at the 20 or so boomers who still get the Chronicle.
Just the facts, Joe Friday:

Quote:
The paper's (Houston Chronicle) average daily circulation is 384,007
https://ballotpedia.org/Houston_Chronicle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2020, 04:43 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
What a surprise a has been reality show host is following the advice of a has been game show host, makes sense to me ...

Old 07-13-2020, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Trump's tweets aside, Fauci didn't exactly do himself any favors when he lied about wearing masks and then refused to speak out against the protests as a dangerous potential form.of transmission..

Fauci has shown that he's not exactly neutral on the subject.
The difference between Fauci and Trump is that Fauci revises his views based on changing information. Trump doubles down when he is proven to be an airhead.

Old 07-13-2020, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
These are special cases which the media wants you to believe happens with every case. It's simply not true.

We know a family of 5 in the same house where only two of them tested positive, yet they were all in constant contact with each other at all times. Out of the two positive cases, one was high risk due to cancer and they both recovered within a week. Sure, this could also be considered a special case, but I also have 4 more of them I could tell. Adding my personal experience to the statistical data i have seen, makes this a pretty low risk virus to most people in my opinion.

Speaking of flu. I was mandated to get a flu shot while in the military, and every year I was sick at some point. When I got out, I decided I had the choice and I stopped getting the shot. It's been 7 years now and I haven't been sick once.
Good for you. Perhaps you should attend a COVID party like this young man:

Quote:
A 30-year-old patient who thought the coronavirus was a hoax has died after attending a “COVID party” in Texas, a doctor said.

“One of the things that was heart-wrenching that he said to his nurse was, ‘You know, I think I made a mistake,’ and this young man went to a COVID party,” Dr. Jane Appleby, the chief medical officer at Methodist Hospital, said, according to television station KSAT in San Antonio on Friday. “He didn’t really believe. He thought the disease was a hoax. He thought he was young and he was invincible and wouldn’t get affected by the disease.”
https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/30...-texas-doctor/

Anti-vaccers are bringing diseases thought to be dead, back to life:

Quote:
The website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention currently leads its homepage with information about measles, a disease considered eliminated in the U.S. in 2000.

“The reason measles is coming back is that a critical number of parents have chosen not to vaccinate their children,’’ said Paul Offit, director of the Vaccine Education Center at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. “If you get to a few thousand cases, you’ll start to see children die of measles again.’’
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...es/3295390002/
Your individual results are meaningless in the face of what your irresponsibility foisters upon society as a whole.

But then there are a lot of nut jobs out there right now. We are getting dumber based on the level of intelligence of our Idiot-in-Chief.

Old 07-13-2020, 06:21 PM

1,693 posts, read 1,530,800 times
What's next? Chuck Woolery 2024?

Old 07-13-2020, 06:26 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So Trump fans are into celebs and their opinions now -- got it.
Voting for a reality TV host as Chief Executive did sort of put them on that slippery slope.

Old 07-13-2020, 10:31 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,626,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Failed game show host? He's worth $15,000,000. That's 6 zero's, son.
How much do you have to your name?

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/ri...ery-net-worth/
What does his Net Worth have to do with anything?

He is a moron with millions!

Just like Trumpf.

Old 07-14-2020, 04:11 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Houston has third largest Sunday paper in the country. Yesterday, the Houston Chronicle, for the first time, had a "stand-alone" 43 page obituary due to COVID deaths!

https://twitter.com/TexasVC/status/1...w4u8ImNSkjR6Hs
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Powerful propaganda aimed at the 20 or so boomers who still get the Chronicle.
^^^ Condescending, baseless, snarky remark aimed at bolstering the science deniers and those political characterless propagandists who view the pandemic and public health crisis only as a threat to Donald Trump's re-election. (By the way, shame on them. Shame, shame, shame.)

Elected leaders in Houston called this weekend for the return of a stay-at-home order in the city for at least two weeks, as it grapples with one of the country’s worst outbreaks.

Houston’s mayor, Sylvester Turner, and Lina Hidalgo, (the Harris County judge who is the chief executive for the states most populous county) both said that more stringent measures were needed because the previous restrictions had been eased too early.

Quote:
“Not only do we need a stay home order now, but we need to stick with it this time until the hospitalization curve comes down, not just flattens,” Ms. Hidalgo, who, as judge, is the chief executive for Texas’ most populous county, wrote on Twitter. “Many communities that persevered in that way are reopening for the long haul. Let’s learn from that & not make the same mistake twice.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/12/w...s-updates.html

Houston, you have a problem. However, it also appears you have a few intelligent & dedicated public servants who respect their duty to their office and sworn oath and are trying to do their jobs. Also, please know, many across the country are genuinely sorry for the great loss and suffering your citizens are experiencing. 43 pages of COVID obituaries...tragic.

We are in this together. Americans are in this together. The world's people are in this together. It is way past time that we, in the USA, start acting like it and ignore fools such as Woolery and Trump.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 07-14-2020 at 04:51 AM..

Old 07-14-2020, 04:14 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
What does his Net Worth have to do with anything?

He is a moron with millions!

Just like Trumpf.

His net worth means that the poster who called him a failed game show host - was wrong.

Old 07-14-2020, 04:32 AM

14,776 posts, read 8,112,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
His net worth means that the poster who called him a failed game show host - was wrong.

Anyone who thinks Covid is a hoax to hurt the President, has a few screws loose somewhere.
Go tell that to the family and friends of the dead people who have died from it...or the people from all over the world, not just this country who have suffered from it, some who have died from it....that it is all just a hoax, not real, and I guess you think they must be part of the hoax...just to get Donald Trump???? Get real.
This is not about you. It is not about Donald Trump. Not every thing is.
The Narcissism is off the charts lately and the paranoia runs wild.

Why am I not surprised that the Reality show TV star, believes and retweets the Failed Game show host, instead of retweeting Doctors and scientific data and facts. What a surprise!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies