Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2020, 07:40 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times

Advertisements

Between the way people on Twitter went after this girl, and the way people are posting hateful things on a dead woman's Facebook page - I'm completely disgusted. What has happened that people have become so mean-spirited and hateful that they engage in such vile, disgusting behavior?

there is absolutely no hope for this country. Too many people have become animals.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-14-2020 at 07:44 AM.. Reason: inappropriate language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2020, 07:42 AM

5,335 posts, read 4,423,566 times
I had never heard of Citizens' Councils so I looked it up. After reading many different sites I get it. However, one line on a wiki page stood out to me:

Quote:
Members used intimidation tactics including economic boycotts, firing people from jobs, propaganda, and threatening and committing violence against civil-rights activists.
Sounds like what is going on right now in this country except it's being perpetrated by the "other side."
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 07-14-2020, 07:47 AM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Dude..... there is no All Lives Matter group or organization. The people saying that are not a cohesive group of any kind, they are individuals. Why do you not understand that?

And in case you missed it, after seeing the George Floyd video those non-black people, who did not belong to a group, were calling their elected officials, they were expressing outrage on their social media, they were praying in church, and people I had never before seen moved by police induced deaths, let alone black ones, were expressing dismay and finally, finally, finally seeing what the problem. Just because it’s not loud, not in your face, not violent, not obnoxious does not mean they aren’t rallying or trying to enact change. We had a real opportunity for change... and then your group had to make it violent. Congratulations, you took people who wanted to help and turned them fearful. Instead of getting voluntary changes, you are forcing people to do just what it takes to appease you. Bad move. What research tells us is that change made under duress will revert back once the perception of threat diminishes while voluntary change is almost always permanent.

So, yeah, I have gone from supporting Black Lives Matter to resenting them. I am not alone. In my church this Sunday, which we all know tend to be the most segregated places in America, the minister for the first time started talking about the dangers of aligning with groups that are false prophets promoting hate instead of love, forgiveness, and unity, or hijacking a just cause in attempt to destroy our nation, and there was lots of head nodding. I can’t help but to imagine if the folks in my church are seeing a problem, then the folks at our counterpart a couple of streets over must be teetering on outrage.
As soon as it became crystal clear that it's NOT "All Black Lives Matter".

Old 07-14-2020, 07:50 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Dude..... there is no All Lives Matter group or organization. The people saying that are not a cohesive group of any kind, they are individuals. Why do you not understand that?
he understands that perfectly well, but also understands that his whole argument goes *poof* if he admits that this is true.

so he'll keep pretending.

Old 07-14-2020, 07:59 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,795,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post

And if you believe ALM is a legitimate cry for equality, why would you oppose BLM?
You can't get it, can you? There is no organized move called ALM, it's just a saying used to contradict the BLM crap. I oppose BLM because they have shown themselves to specifically NOT be about black lives or equality.

Old 07-14-2020, 08:01 AM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Where do I say she needs to be White? In fact, her not being White would make my scenario better bc it perfectly insulates her from claims she used it in its traditional racist context. So again, if a non-White person used #Whitepower in a completely innocent way, would that be acceptable, even if she was grieving?

nope, because #whitepower isn't the answer, just like #BLM the organization isn't. White supremacy is worse than #BLM, but that doesn't mean #BLM isn't bad too.

Old 07-14-2020, 08:02 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
This is what she wrote:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tter-feud.html

Her father was was killed in an ambush. She was attacked on Twitter for daring to imply his life mattered. I have had it with these slime who don’t care about the carnage they create or who they hurt.

It is not racist to say you care about other lives. I don’t know how that narrative got so much steam but it needs to stop.

Just a reminder of some words of wisdom:

Why do people post to the public square that is Twitter or other social media?

It’s an open invitation to anonymous people anywhere in the world to attack because they can.

Old 07-14-2020, 08:03 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
I think nobody even said Blue Lives Matter or All Lives Matter until BLM was chanting, 'Pigs in a blanket - fry 'em up like bacon' and five cops were killed.

I think this piece keeps being forgotten. And you liberals can say, 'Well they weren't really BLM' - but how do you know that? All I know is - NOBODY in BLM denounces this chant or the murdering of cops.

Old 07-14-2020, 08:05 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,795,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
White supremacy is worse than #BLM,
Is it though? It certainly can be said that it was....but what are they doing in the past year that is as evil as what BLM has done....?

Old 07-14-2020, 08:07 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
How about this? Kindness still matters!!

What kind of people would "choose' to be offended by a grieving teenager? Her dad was shot dead in ambush for crying out loud! Did some of you forget about that? She didn't say "bluelivesmatter" randomly, just like that, for no damned good reasons.. She said it because his dad was SHOT DEAD.

What's wrong with some people?

Her grief certainly doesn't matter to some people!

The BLM mob doesn't take kindly to others trying to horn in on their victimization status.

A grieving little girl who just lost her father is no different than the KKK Grand Dragon as far as they're concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies