Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2020, 12:49 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
https://www.opb.org/news/article/fed...hal-munitions/

Yeah, shooting non violent protestors in the head with less lethal weapons is not going to de-escalate things. That is not how this sort of thing works AT ALL.

Yes yes, I know you folks are baying for blood. But shooting people for using their right to protest wont help things at all.
It is like Donald Trump pulled the trigger himself!

TDS is real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2020, 12:53 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
OK, lets discuss "this guy."

Was the crowd ordered to disperse and was "this guy" warned that non-lethal crowd control measure were going to be used before he decided to "gently kick a smoke can" ?
Incident happened at 918pm on the 11th near as I can tell. That order is not showin in the video, nor does it app4ear that the police ordered a dispersal that day-they often post them on their twitter feed ironically enough. They do mention that the feds are using CS gas, but no orders to disperse.

Additionally the video I link too earlier is on andy ngo's twitter-and I can guarantee you, if there were disperse commands he would have given them.

Quote:
Seems like a no-brainer to me that if you participate in a riot, you may be shot in the head with a rubber bullet by law enforcement.
Again, no riot occurring, just protest. Weird how this assumption keeps being made. If this guy was rioting, breaking things, etc...Id feel a LOT different.

Quote:
The term, "assumed risk" comes to mind.
Know why Portland police arent allowed to use tear gas anymore? Because it wasn't helping. You cannot control a major American populace with fear and violence for long periods. I know lots of folks sure seem to think that if you're just tough enough it will work. Portland police were just handing tear gas out like it was candy on Halloween, beating down folks brutally, stealing peoples belongings, and being as brutal as many here seem to hope. A freaking LRAD was used! Know what it did? It made people pretty dang angry.

The federal officers here arent helping by shooting some guy in the head like this. Trying to make it sound like "well thats what you get for using your right to protest" misses something I think. Like the part where our federal government supports your right to peacefully protest. Again...let me be clear to folks, if this guy was being violent, or damaging property I would feel differently. When did our country stop being about our rights? And more about retaining control and authority?

Old 07-14-2020, 12:56 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Lots of baby-steps with you.

One reason why rioting mobs are ordered to disperse by law enforcement when they riot as a mob is because the presence of a rioting mob makes enforcing laws like, don't shoot a medic with a ****ing wrist rocket, all but impossible.

Once dispersed, dickheads, the sort that shoot medics with wrist rockets, no longer have a ****ing rioting mob in which to hide.

When the rioting mob is gone, dickheads, like the one previously mentioned, are far less likely to do retarded **** like that.

LOL. They shot a medic with a wrist rocket? Now that one was probably targeted. I bet you dont know why? Because the cops assaulted some medics on the protest side that were helping people earlier. That being said...I hope they catch the guy. Because just as I condemn the cops for that, doing it back isnt right either.

But still-not related to this guy at all, but dang you sure are desperate to make it.

Old 07-14-2020, 01:08 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Trump says that Portland was out of control. But he sent his federal shock troops in and they straightened things out fast and threw a lot of people in jail. He also says that it's not hard to do that, if you know how to do it right. Like everything else, he's an expert on this, as well. What would a place like Portland do without him? He's the savior of everyone and everything. But I think the overwhelming blue majority here just got a boost upward. Keep it up, Trump! Given enough rope, a fool will find a way to hang himself.

Old 07-14-2020, 02:19 AM

3,836 posts, read 1,786,202 times
Trump was right to send federal officers to assist local Portland, OR officers. They freaking have their hands tied by the city council and the do-nothing governor. I guarantee you that the officers told everyone to disperse first, before anything was shot, if you cannot or will not follow directions that's on you.

Old 07-14-2020, 02:43 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,852 times
Quote:
Portland has not requested these people, and in fact the Mayor is pretty upset about this too. Maybe you should...I dunno...read the article. And our time of need? Please.

and of course the usual "Trump is not responsible for anything" nonsense. Folks, if you send people somewhere, you are in fact responsible for what occurs when it is this predictable.

And omg...he was holding a boombox above his head playing music, just like he had been doing for hours. But here we go "he was a violent protestor". LOL. You folks are wild. The contortions made to justify this? Wow.
I read the article. Even the mother of the injured peaceful protestor understands this is nothing to do with Trump. It is only Politicians and leftists like you who are pretending it is.

Old 07-14-2020, 03:19 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Folks, there is LITERALLY video of the guy standing their and getting shot. You know that....right?

But in your world, thats violent I suppose, since you ALSO think he should have worn a helmet. got it. This is Trumps America folks, where if you try to use your right to protest, you deserve to be shot in the head. Got it.

At the end of the July 7th video, the Portland police announce over their loud-speaker that if they do not disperse, they will be made to disperse with tear gas and other non-lethal instruments of persuasion that they had at their disposal.

Even if the law enforcement officials didn't issue a specific warning to this "non-violent protester" on this particular evening, he should have known from previous "peaceful protests" what he was getting himself into and the possible consequences.

This one is from June...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8toreZRhfo

Old 07-14-2020, 03:43 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Folks, there is LITERALLY video of the guy standing their and getting shot. You know that....right?

But in your world, thats violent I suppose, since you ALSO think he should have worn a helmet. got it. This is Trumps America folks, where if you try to use your right to protest, you deserve to be shot in the head. Got it.

Have you considered that people are fed up and sick of your BS temper tantrum protests, riots, destruction and killing that are all based an a false narrative?

You had the sympathy and agreement of the majority of Americans after the death of George Floyd.

But you screwed it up and lost that support by not knowing when to quit while you're ahead.

Now, half the people out there "protesting" don't even know what they're protesting about.

Old 07-14-2020, 03:54 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTVHp3eljYo

Here's a longer video that shows exactly what was happening that night on the streets - including the shooting of this kid. Effigies of cops being burnt, kill the pigs posters - this was not a peaceful demonstration.

I'm sorry - but you want to play with the big boys - you have to accept the consequences. Like many of us have said - we are sick of all the rioting, looting and destruction. Our tax dollars have to pay for all of this.

That head shot was a fluke - not like someone was targeting him. No different from when my son got hit in the head with a BB someone fired. TG it hit a metal sign and had lost momentum before it hit him near the eye. He was standing in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm sorry this kid was hit - but people know exactly what is going on with these protests in Portland and the fact that the police are fighting back. He put himself in harms way - no one made him go to the protest.

Old 07-14-2020, 04:03 AM

7,922 posts, read 3,462,774 times
This has been antifa and the far left's plan all along. Force Trump to react then call him a fascist when he does. It doesn't seem to be working this time though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies