Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2020, 12:22 PM

1,411 posts, read 1,002,034 times

Advertisements

I'm a black man. I don't know what to make of this. What he said was hate speech and then the way he flipped it around on his statement. What scares me more is all the people that agree with him. Go read his twitter and all his responses he's gotten on other social sites. So most blacks believe that whites are inferior because of their skin? I'm so confused. I thought that's what we as blacks were fighting against? I hate that one of my favorite shows, Wild N Out, is cancelled. I loved that show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2020, 12:45 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
I'm a black man. I don't know what to make of this. What he said was hate speech and then the way he flipped it around on his statement. What scares me more is all the people that agree with him. Go read his twitter and all his responses he's gotten on other social sites. So most blacks believe that whites are inferior because of their skin? I'm so confused. I thought that's what we as blacks were fighting against? I hate that one of my favorite shows, Wild N Out, is cancelled. I loved that show.
You know....IF we weren’t in the midst of a pandemic and IF we weren’t separated by the Internet, I could kiss you for what you just said!

This is what I’ve been saying all along....we have black people who are fighting against racism, and rallying against the damage that broad, sweeping prejudice against them as an entire group causes; and then we have the same black people making the most heinous, reprehensible comments against whites and Jews. (I think the worst is that we are “sub-human,” but there’s plenty to choose from.)

And this claim I’ve now heard that lack of melonin makes one inferior? You’re right. That is the flip side of the same belief - that the greater degree of melonin in one’s skin makes them inferior - is what blacks are pushing against! I’m just, well....I’m SMH.

To call it hypocritical doesn’t even come close to capturing it. It’s actually negating any message that white people could entertain about racism, given the racism and/or antisemitism being directed toward them at the very same time! And although I’ve heard some black people on this forum say that they don’t need white people to support them or otherwise serve as allies, it’s not true. Any legislation that is to be passed WILL require the support of whites, given that it is primarily whites who serve in Congress.

Old 07-15-2020, 12:49 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
You know....IF we weren’t in the midst of a pandemic and IF we weren’t separated by the Internet, I could kiss you for what you just said!

This is what I’ve been saying all along....we have black people who are fighting against racism, and rallying against the damage that broad, sweeping prejudice against them as an entire group causes; and then we have the same black people making the most heinous, reprehensible comments against whites and Jews. (I think the worst is that we are “sub-human,” but there’s plenty to choose from.)

And this claim I’ve now heard that lack of melonin makes one inferior? You’re right. That is the flip side of the same belief - that the greater degree of melonin in one’s skin makes them inferior - is what blacks are pushing against! I’m just, well....I’m SMH.

To call it hypocritical doesn’t even come close to capturing it. It’s actually negating any message that white people could entertain about racism, given the racism and/or antisemitism being directed toward them at the very same time! And although I’ve heard some black people on this forum say that they don’t need white people to support them or otherwise serve as allies, it’s not true. Any legislation that is to be passed WILL require the support of whites, given that it is primarily whites who serve in Congress.
I suspect the majority of average everyday black folks probably feel somewhat the same as the poster above. I can't speak for black people, but all of my interactions with black folks the sentiment i get follows that poster.

I saw some stuff online where black people are just confused and basically laughing at white people that go around bathing black people's feet in some self-flagellatory way apologizing for the past sins of other white people.

It's just lame as hell.

Old 07-15-2020, 01:00 PM

644 posts, read 307,377 times
Quote:
People never change. Sure, we're in the 21st century, but we're all not very far removed from cavemen mentally. Give any group power over another group, and a good many of the newly powerful will be happy to do whatever they can get away with (testing the boundaries right now...) And a good many others will stand by silently. Being the target of racism for years doesn't make one a saint, or make one immune to being racist against others. I mean, I know people who legit will think "I've been there, I know how this feels, I am not going to do to others what was done to me," but they're a minority.

Maybe this would be different if our leaders were working to set a different tone, but all I'm hearing from the right and the left is "divide, divide, divide" and "us vs them". The way the BLM movement is shaping up, I don't think we're heading for a more just society. We're just heading for another unjust society, with the balance of power shifted.

Old 07-15-2020, 01:00 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I suspect the majority of average everyday black folks probably feel somewhat the same as the poster above. I can't speak for black people, but all of my interactions with black folks the sentiment i get follows that poster.

I saw some stuff online where black people are just confused and basically laughing at white people that go around bathing black people's feet in some self-flagellatory way apologizing for the past sins of other white people.

It's just lame as hell.
It's all coming from universities and colleges, it's post-moderism and neo-marxism, they are a CULT and pushing things like this at the National Museum of African American History and Culture:

https://nmaahc.si.edu/learn/talking-...pics/whiteness

Old 07-15-2020, 01:03 PM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
https://dailycaller.com/2020/07/13/n...mitic-melanin/

He'll get a pass because he holds real privilege.
Isn't this the essence of a "hate "crime

Old 07-15-2020, 01:07 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Pay close attention to the articles condemning Nick Cannon. They almost all focus on his disgusting antisemitism. But they also almost all leave out his disgraceful racism. Even in the statement firing him, his company called him out specifically for the antisemitism, and then made a general statement about combating racism to close the statement out. This tells you all you need to know. The left does not feel like some people can be racist.

Old 07-15-2020, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
This tells you all you need to know. The left does not feel like some people can be racist.
This isn't a secret, it's in the textbooks in college. They redefined all sorts of words.

In their "official" definition, racism is not possible if the person has no power. They TELL EVERY STUDENT THIS, they have been for many years now

It's all coming to roost

Old 07-15-2020, 01:08 PM

2,180 posts, read 640,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones

All of this sounds pretty good to me. Seems like a recipe for a successful, stable and prosperous society.

Old 07-15-2020, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
All of this sounds pretty good to me. Seems like a recipe for a successful, stable and prosperous society.
ergo, they are literally against functional society. They represent chaos, they fight for anarchy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies