Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2020, 05:41 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
That’s nice, but it has nothing to do with Americans’ disapproval of the terms “kung flu” and “China virus”.

900 people are not the Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2020, 05:42 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-amer...lu-china-virus

Americans have spoken: we disapprove of the terms “kung flu” and “China flu”. It is interesting to note that 2/3rd of respondents thought these terms are inappropriate, while 2/3rd in another large poll disapprove of Trump’s response to the pandemic.

Clearly, Americans see through Trump’s futile attempts to distract and deflect. We place significant blame on Trump for his poor response to the pandemic and the subsequent economic fallout.

The more he and his supporters continue to use these terms to describe COVID-19, the more Americans get tired of the deflection. The question is, will Trump wisen up and stop using these buzzwords that Americans automatically associate with his failure? Will he start acting responsibly?
Are you another Wumao poster? I now have my eye on you.

Old 07-14-2020, 05:46 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,430,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
You were apparently raised right. It makes no sense to support an adult in a position of power and authority speaking and behaving in ways we would not accept if it were a 10 year old.

No, it doesn't help anyone at all, but those people do not care. They'll support "trolling the libs" as Trump and his ilk lead the country right down the toilet.

November cannot come quickly enough.
Right, because people are so eager to vote in the nuts that support riots, looting and murder of cops.

Old 07-14-2020, 05:46 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, I voted for Trump and I am a Republican.

I don't think Trump should have used the term "China virus", but I understand why he had to attack the Chinese government.

Not everything is about "race", there are a lot of videos on youtube showing you how exactly the Chinese people treated their own citizens from Wuhan. It was horrible to say the least.

Ignorance =/= racism
This is the thing though. If this was really about the Chinese government, he should have left it at that. He shouldn't used terms like "China virus" or "kung flu". Yes, I am very aware of what the Chinese government does, and how they treat their own people. It doesn't absolve Trump of the things he has done and said. There are just some lines you don't cross. And to me, Trump doesn't understand that, nor does he care. In this case, I can't give him the benefit of the doubt. Not everything is about race, but in this case, I have to consider there is some racial resentment going on.

Old 07-14-2020, 05:47 PM

6,346 posts, read 2,900,201 times
Wuhan Virus is a better name, since Taiwan is the real China and has the legitimate government of the mainland.

Old 07-14-2020, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Right, because people are so eager to vote in the nuts that support riots, looting and murder of cops.
Name a nut that I voted for. Show me a riot that I supported. Or is this you being spiteful for the fun of it.

Old 07-14-2020, 05:50 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Wuhan Virus is a better name, since Taiwan is the real China and has the legitimate government of the mainland.
The Wuhan virus is the correct name, and when we get a few more years and a few more viruses down the road, I expect that people will refer to this virus as the Wuhan virus, just so that everyone will correctly understand which virus is being referred to.

Old 07-14-2020, 05:50 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,347,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
.. well, good for you. However, whatever you said above has nothing to do with the point i was making.

Saying every action, there is a reaction is not making excuses for immature behavior.

< shrug > If the above makes you feel better about yourself, go right ahead.
What would make everyone feel better is if you can stay on topic. But I guess when you have nothing more to add, throw in the Chinese government.

Old 07-14-2020, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The Wuhan virus is the correct name, and when we get a few more years and a few more viruses down the road, I expect that people will refer to this virus as the Wuhan virus, just so that everyone will correctly understand which virus is being referred to.
Actually, when I look it up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavirus_disease_2019

Coronavirus disease 2019, or Covid-19. No mention of "the Wuhan virus". Everyone knows where it came from. We all do. Why do you want to beat it in further and further? What is your point?

Old 07-14-2020, 05:55 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,430,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Name a nut that I voted for. Show me a riot that I supported. Or is this you being spiteful for the fun of it.
Show me where you are running for office.

Context matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies