Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2020, 04:38 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,346,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Which I have already agreed, 'Two wrongs don't make one right'

The point is: Chinese official has also implied it was the American soldiers who spared the virus.
That’s nice, but it has nothing to do with Americans’ disapproval of the terms “kung flu” and “China virus”.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2020, 04:43 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
That’s nice, but it has nothing to do with Americans’ disapproval of the terms “kung flu” and “China virus”.
well, it has everything to do with it

every action, there is a reaction.

Old 07-14-2020, 04:58 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Wuhan corona virus. After the next wave of virus, the previous one will be remembered as the wuhan corona virus.

Old 07-14-2020, 05:06 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
OP is whistling past the graveyard again.

Old 07-14-2020, 05:28 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Or Churches! Wait, Worshipers are not allowed in Church. But they spread it anyway
According to Republicans, we only get it from protests.

Both sides are equally stupid. The virus doesn't care about anybody's politics.

Old 07-14-2020, 05:29 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
OP is whistling past the graveyard again.
The United States' steadily increasing graveyard.

The president isn't going to be able to bully or pardon or tweet COVID away.

Old 07-14-2020, 05:32 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,346,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, it has everything to do with it

every action, there is a reaction.
Again, many of us have moved on from the antics of elementary school playgrounds. 2/3rds it seems.

Old 07-14-2020, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Again, many of us have moved on from the antics of elementary school playgrounds. 2/3rds it seems.
.. well, good for you. However, whatever you said above has nothing to do with the point i was making.

Saying every action, there is a reaction is not making excuses for immature behavior.

< shrug > If the above makes you feel better about yourself, go right ahead.

Old 07-14-2020, 05:37 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Trump lost the popular vote, but won the electorate. It isn't a surprise that a majority of people find this comments to be inappropriate. It is mentioned in the article that 66 percent of independents disapprove of using the term "kung flu" or "China virus". This is where it can backfire on Trump. The independent voters might see this and think "perhaps I shouldn't vote for Trump".

Other things I have noticed. The persons who are the most approving of Trump using "China virus" and "kung flu" either voted for him or vote Republican.

According to the Hill-HarrisX Daily Poll

Quote:
The July 3-4 survey found 83 percent of Democratic voters and 66 percent of independents say it is inappropriate to use those terms when talking about the novel coronavirus.
Meanwhile, 56 percent of Republican voters said those terms, which President Trump has repeatedly used, are appropriate.
Quote:
The survey found that 62 percent of voters who approve of Trump also believe the terms to be appropriate, while 38 percent of Trump backers said they are inappropriate.

Old 07-14-2020, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Trump lost the popular vote, but won the electorate. It isn't a surprise that a majority of people find this comments to be inappropriate. It is mentioned in the article that 66 percent of independents disapprove of using the term "kung flu" or "China virus". This is where it can backfire on Trump. The independent voters might see this and think "perhaps I shouldn't vote for Trump".

Other things I have noticed. The persons who are the most approving of Trump using "China virus" and "kung flu" either voted for him or vote Republican.

According to the Hill-HarrisX Daily Poll
well, I voted for Trump and I am a Republican.

I don't think Trump should have used the term "China virus", but I understand why he had to attack the Chinese government.

Not everything is about "race", there are a lot of videos on youtube showing you how exactly the Chinese people treated their own citizens from Wuhan. It was horrible to say the least.

Ignorance =/= racism
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies