Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2020, 05:20 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Trump's response to millions of job losses is "Find Something New"
....and at the same time, his response to Covid is "Just Live With It".

and you think he's going to win re-election?
"Find Something New"
"Just Live With It"

this sounds familiar... oh yes, of course:

"Your royal highness, the peasants have no bread to eat."
"Well, let them eat cake."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2020, 05:21 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerrose View Post
My son turned 25 a couple days ago. He has worked since he was 16. He graduated college with high honors.
He was class liaison and assistant to his professor. He was given 2 separate paid fellowships abroad which
entailed him receiving and budgeting thousands of dollars to pay for his rent, health insurance and food- years
ago when he was much younger.

He was not alone, his buddies were all much the same but they came from wealthy households. Out of all of
them, the only one who is making 6 figures now is another "poor kid" who works for a famous investment
firm, that job is described as "Moving money around to different accounts".

Two years ago my son returned to the states and set out to find a job. He found a great job, a non profit
paid him 40K plus full benefits. He taught vulnerable elderly and disabled older people how to use technology
to help them in their everyday life. His greatest challenge and reward was the blind client who he taught
how to use Google on his cell phone how to find bus routes and stops in Austin Texas. He worked for a year
and the non profit was disbanded due to funding not being available.

My son took a job at a restaurant host for 11 bucks an hour while he waited a couple few months for a
resume hit. Nowadays you have to post your resume online in order for certain employers to find you.
One employer looked at his resume 7 times before they finally called him for an interview. He was hired,
for 32K a year and barely any benefits. He has worked for over a year and he is grateful. He pays over
800 bucks a month to split a bedroom in a condo/apt. with his college graduate girlfriend. She does not
make anywhere near what he makes at his job. He drives so they do not have to use two cars. His
car insurance was 400 dollars a month until I stepped in and shared my automobile policy with him to
lower his premiums. He took this job because it was the only job offered to him, fortunately it's good.

His boss was racking his brains out trying to find an office wide health insurance policy that they could
all agree on and afford somewhat. His boss, the owner and operator of the private law firm my son
clerks at- was stressed out and very worried about it. They represent "little guys" against corporate
interest, so they are not a fancy schmancy law firm at all and they do not command as much money
from their clients.

My son loves video games, and he always has. So do all his irresponsible friends. If it was that difficult
for my son, I cannot imagine what it would be like for someone with vocational challenges.
where did you copy/paste this from? the bad formatting is a dead giveaway.

What is your son's degree in (Major, minors, etc)?

Old 07-14-2020, 05:23 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Quote:
You know a Trump contested the will. You know it! You purposely put "siblings" there for a reason. Bwahahahaha.
his niece. Who is typically in a will? Spouse and children. Not the next generation. And the next generation was willed $200K apiece. And his siblings objected to the contention as much as he did.

Old 07-14-2020, 05:27 PM

15,840 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
"Find Something New"
"Just Live With It"

this sounds familiar... oh yes, of course:

"Your royal highness, the peasants have no bread to eat."
"Well, let them eat cake."
The same thought struck me as well. Mayvanka Antrumpette? Maybe not.

Old 07-14-2020, 05:30 PM

552 posts, read 223,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
where did you copy/paste this from? the bad formatting is a dead giveaway.

What is your son's degree in (Major, minors, etc)?
I did not copy and paste jack. It came out of my brain. Thanks so much for considering
what came out of my brain "bad". I am not a college graduate. My son would definitely
comprise and write this out much better than I.

Oh, and here's a good one for ya: He graduated from UT Austin on a full ride, invitation only
private scholarship ( no I will not give you the pleasure of which one). He was a Liberal Arts
Major and he graduated with a double major degree in French and History, I believe. He is
a big fan and collector of great books and literature.

My son started taking French classes in 8th grade and had the same French teacher all thru
high school. When he tested at UT Austin before starting his freshman year, he was given
graduate level French courses. He also completed a course in Arabic for which he received
an A and was taught by a professor considered among the best in the U.S.

My son was given a prestigious fellowship to manage a school for refugees in Paris France.
An American daughter of a diplomat who ended up marrying a French Federal Judge
founded the school. She seeks to assimilate refugees into French culture and proper
French language. My son managed the school office for over 6 months after receiving
in depth training. He took Syrian and Afghani refugees to notable places such as Normandy
for field trips. Prior to that, he was given a fellowship to represent UT Austin at a UN
program in Belgium.

I am quite certain you either do not believe me or think it is a travesty somehow.

Last edited by Tylerrose; 07-14-2020 at 05:39 PM..

Old 07-14-2020, 05:33 PM

407 posts, read 123,030 times
Ok, so now coal and manufacturing with find something new?

Old 07-14-2020, 05:38 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Trump's response to millions of job losses is "Find Something New" - a regurgitated career finder web site and the server is down.

So? Do you have the ability to only flip hamburgers?

Quote:
....and at the same time, his response to Covid is "Just Live With It".

Wait, you mean the "NEW NORMAL" that we have been told to live with?

Quote:
and you think he's going to win re-election?

Yes....

Quote:
Trump just threw in the towel regarding the worse unemployment numbers in many years and he also threw in the towel for helping the USA navigate Covid. And you think he's damn near ensured to win re-election.

He was called xenophobic for starting the travel ban....among other things....

Why have we not shut down the United States for TB? It's far worse than the china flu....

Quote:
Those are two massive failures. Job losses with no plan to fix them. The worst Covid response of ALL first world countries and it's getting worse.

Well, let me ask you, the left has called for his impeachment prior to your current president even being elected.....even with all that, he has still done a lot. Whether you like that or not, I just don't care.

Quote:
And you think he's going to win. That's some smug overconfidence, isn't it.

Hold on, you and your ilk have been telling us for the last 3 years that trump is circulating the toilet bowl, COMEY MULLER time is coming, we got him now....oh and lets not forget the russia collusion 2+ year BS (that came to ZERO, nothing, nota)....You think your ilk is NOT over confident? And then after that, you had to find some stupid ignorant reason to have him impeached, and it's all because of hate, nothing more, nothing less.

If you don't think you and your ilk have smug overconfidence, you are no smarter than those who cheered when trump was impeached. Congrats, you must be EXTREMELY proud...

Old 07-14-2020, 05:46 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,691,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Still looking smokin' hot.
Her daddy thinks so too!

Old 07-14-2020, 05:49 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,691,766 times
With the government assist coming to an end I think the up and coming cry from the White house will be, "let them eat cake."

Old 07-14-2020, 05:51 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Of all the messaging disasters, I haven’t seen so many come out of the White House in the past two weeks. First, we have Trump readying a message to pandemic-stricken America that “We need to live with it” after downplaying and interfering with the pandemic response. Now, as a result of the failed pandemic response, millions are unemployed. Never fear, the Trump White House is never short of middle fingers for the American public. This time, it’s Ivanka Trump’s very own diamond-encrusted middle finger:

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...something-new/

It is certainly no surprise that Trump has had so many business failures if he believes branding is his forte.
Lol. Not really going to get into this subject. It's just more the same junk we see pop up on this site every day. But I will address what I placed in bold. Donald Trump does not have a bad business record. Trump himself has never filed for bankruptcy. And while there have been 6 businesses associated with Trump that have gone under, there are another 500 businesses which Trump is either the sole or principal owner that are doing just fine. That's about a 99% success rate. Just wanted to point that out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies