Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2020, 05:19 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times

Advertisements

Oh and to get us back on track, I'm starting to see more maskholes at stores who do not want to wear a damn mask.

Old 10-10-2020, 05:21 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,142,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
60m H1N1 cases with 18k dead if you use the high end. CDC only counted 4k actual deaths. The 12k average came from get this, the CDC revising due to excess deaths related to flu-like symptoms. We are at a known 7.73m cases, 214K dead from Covid with KNOWN deaths and cases. With the testing blunders we easily have more cases and yes, more deaths too.

You seem to be Republican or pro-Trump shill with your rights crap. So you have some nerve calling someone whom's criticism of your view kills your argument.

In closing.
Your right to wear mask infringes on my and my parents' rights to health.
Your rights end where mine begin

Your right ends at my nose. Which again means if you are afraid don't go out and stay at home. If you go out, put on full hazmat suit if you and/ or your parents are that afraid.

Old 10-10-2020, 05:21 PM

17,620 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
To answer your last question first - none whatsoever.

The CDC estimate for H1N1 is around 12.5k deaths. Couple of things: it was not nearly as contagious as the coronavirus , and there were very effective antivirals from day 1. Oh, and of course testing with immediate results was available.

One of my kids came down with it. He was not well at all, went to the doctor, test in spot, antiviral. Fine in like TWO hours. Lastly, none of us got it , despite extremely close contact.
12.5K has about the same statistical significance if you compare that number then to 210K deaths today and factor in population growth.

And that is just an estimate because the Biden administration simply stopped addressing the swine flu when all of their strategies to slow it failed miserably. That's why there were 60M+ infections under Biden's watch with H1N1 and only about 8M so far under Trump with this virus.

And yet, morons seem to think Biden will do a better job managing the pandemic. It's amazing what the power of a propaganda media can do to otherwise intelligent people.

I also don't believe you're uninvolved with the Democrat Party. But, if I'm wrong about that, they should send you a thank you card for all the free work you do for them by fear mongering and stoking unnecessary panic.

Old 10-10-2020, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Oh and to get us back on track, I'm starting to see more maskholes at stores who do not want to wear a damn mask.
You can have your groceries delivered at home if you are scared of going to the store.

Old 10-10-2020, 05:35 PM

8,137 posts, read 3,674,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
12.5K has about the same statistical significance if you compare that number then to 210K deaths today and factor in population growth.

And that is just an estimate because the Biden administration simply stopped addressing the swine flu when all of their strategies to slow it failed miserably. That's why there were 60M+ infections under Biden's watch with H1N1 and only about 8M so far under Trump with this virus.

And yet, morons seem to think Biden will do a better job managing the pandemic. It's amazing what the power of a propaganda media can do to otherwise intelligent people.

I also don't believe you're uninvolved with the Democrat Party. But, if I'm wrong about that, they should send you a thank you card for all the free work you do for them by fear mongering and stoking unnecessary panic.
Lol, how much do you think has the population grown since then?

I'm not stoking any fears. I'm just upset about the inept response to the pandemic , and also in disbelief that a lot of people refuse simple measures that not only save lives, but are also vital for economic recovery. And all because of politics.

Old 10-10-2020, 05:38 PM

Quote:

I'm not stoking any fears. I'm just upset about the inept response to the pandemic , and also in disbelief that a lot of people refuse simple measures that not only save lives, but are also vital for economic recovery. And all because of politics.
The response to the pandemic was pretty good, all things considered. The hospital system was not overrun, nobody who needed a ventilator didn't get one, all PPE shortages were addressed in short order, and we'll have a vaccine by the end of the year.

If you think Joe Biden could have done better, you weren't paying attention during the H1N1 virus. Biden could have accomplished NONE of what Trump accomplished in terms of handling the pandemic. If he or Hillary had been in the office, we'd be looking at 500K-1M deaths instead of 200K.

Yes, I know that's not the Democrat Party narrative. But it's the truth.

Old 10-10-2020, 05:41 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,142,045 times
Quote:

We refuse to do what government tell us to do. It got nothing to do with politics. I would be doing the same thing even if Trump came out in March and demand that i wear a mask.

Old 10-10-2020, 05:47 PM

1,449 posts, read 1,147,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
We refuse to follow social distancing and other measures because we do not consider Covid to be a big deal
You "refuse" to follow social distancing? What does that even mean? Do you chase people down so you can get in their personal space? That's rude under any circumstances.

Oh! You must be one of those who goes out in public (stores, church, to work) when you're sick, coughing and sneezing (probably without covering your nose & mouth because, well, it's your right after all, not to)...and/or take your kid(s) along, too, when they're sick so they can wipe their snotty noses with their bare hands and then go around touching everything in sight so the next unsuspecting shopper/worshipper/whatever picks up what they're laying down. I see.

You probably don't wash your hands after using the restroom either, probably because it's no big deal, as you say.

Last edited by ImmerLernen; 10-10-2020 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: "sight" not "site"

Old 10-10-2020, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Your right ends at my nose. Which again means if you are afraid don't go out and stay at home. If you go out, put on full hazmat suit if you and/ or your parents are that afraid.
Your ignorance on the bolded quote is never-ending. It doesn't mean and I quote "If you are afraid don't go out and stay at home." What it does mean is your right to not wear a mask because you think the virus is "fake" or "overblown" is equal to being concerned about my parents' health. In fact your right to not wear a mask infringes on mine. Also on the topic since I have to work to make a living, will you pay my bills since you want me to stay home if I am "afraid"?

Old 10-10-2020, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
You can have your groceries delivered at home if you are scared of going to the store.
No I cannot. Besides normal Amazon deliveries, I am in a delivery desert because I live in a desert. I've said this many times when this fake argument is brought up. And FYI, today I had to use a MFG coupon which you cannot use on delivery or even contactless pickup. Before you bring that up. I wore my mask and followed the law, but I saw enough people not and I'm not even talking incorrect mask wearing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies