Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2020, 07:15 PM

107 posts, read 60,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Some of that, sure. But the bigger concern is people falling down the conspiracy theory tree. Disavowing recognized experts for some putz on the internet. Have concerns, step one should be ask your doctor about it. Don't trust your doctor? Get a new one. This politicization of medical advice is nonsense.
There are outliers on both sides. As I said, one should do their conscience and not force it on others as there is just as much *proof* for one side as there is the other. To call someone a conspiracists because they believe differently is the action of a child. Do the homework and do what *you* feel you need to do, but you cross the line when you tell me what to do.

Old 10-12-2020, 07:19 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,016,325 times
trunks corroded the cdc. Take what they say with a grain of salt these days.

Old 10-12-2020, 07:22 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,588,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnsota View Post
Except they have now told us wearing a bandana type mask spreads the virus further, because it shreds the larger particles into smaller ones.
Bandanas are all made out of different materials. Some 100% cotton, some cotton/nylon blend, polyester etc. I always wear a bandana and i fold it in half so its basically double layered over my mouth and nose.

I dont believe it would spread it further if droplets hit a barrier they are slowed down obviously. I can believe it might spread the droplets into smaller size droplets but not further away from your face. Either way anything in front of your mouth is gonna be better then wide open. Ive had people in my lifetime accidentally spit droplets on me simply from talking we all experienced that one time or another.

Old 10-12-2020, 07:22 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,418,407 times
problem is the real mask (N-95) are not being made available to the general public like they were when places like home depot sold them a year ago.. Why is this? The virus is so very small it takes a medically approved mask like the n-95 to actually filter out the virus. Of course these home made or store bought fake want ta bee real mask dont work. We are being tricked while the fake mask makers get rich.

Old 10-12-2020, 07:23 PM

2,774 posts, read 902,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
I'll read through the whole thing later, but I'd be willing to bet that it has to due with desensitizing the immune system. If you wear a mask consistently, not only are you [potentially] blocking corona, but you're blocking everything else so your immune system isn't being "exercised." Same reason why a lot of kids and teachers have a bunch of sick days within the first four weeks after schools start [normally]. Especially when those kids or teachers live more isolated lives.
Or, it could be the knew it was bull dust from the beginning and are trying to CYA.

Old 10-12-2020, 07:27 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,116,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
So now the anti-maskers are back to trusting the CDC? Not me. They utterly and completely tanked their response to the pandemic. 10 billion a year budget and we got a but but but excuse for their failure.

No, I will trust what countries who have been successful have done.
Which countries do you mean? China? S. Korea? Thailand? Or maybe you mean Democratic Republic of Congo, Niger, or Ethiopia.

Quote:
Wear masks in public at all times.

Hand sanitizer at the entrance to all public places.

Temperature guns at the entrance to all public places.

Sign in sheets at the entrance to all public places.

If the establishment is in a mall, the sign in sheet at mall entrances covers them.

Lock down between states or provinces. For the USA that horse has left the barn. Where I live they locked down between cities and towns as well.

The capital city here has about 100,000 less than NYC. When talking 8 million 100,000 is nothing. The entire country has only had 60 deaths and about 3650 cases.

They took the threat seriously and acted quickly. You fly into this country and you are quarantined for 2 weeks. NYC? Excuses. But but but we have 2 major airports. Yeah so does the capital where I live. But but we are a major hub. Yes are a lot of cities in the world that didn't completely fail their populations. But, ok let's go there. That just means that NYC should have responded sooner rather than later. The Good Mayor and even better Governor could have and should have said? Shut it down.
The transit authority? Yeah all those buses coming and going helped a lot too. Where I live the buses were shut down first and last to bee allowed to start up again.

Blame Trump all you like but at least be honest. The Blue states would have fought any move he made just for party reasons. The Democratic Party weaponized the pandemic.
You're so obsessed at driving cases of Covid19 to 0, you just described a solution that would be HELL. How about no, living with Covid19 ain't bad. Over 50% of people even on this first wave have not 1 symptom. Over 50% of deaths are people basically talking to God in nursing homes. This virus is a joke. The only thing dangerous is you people who want to have us live like prisoners until cases drop to 0.

Old 10-12-2020, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
I still don't understand the people wearing masks by themselves while driving. I even see people walking dogs and no one else is within a block but wearing masks. It's odd for sure.
Those are the same people who will be first in line to take the mark so they can participate in commerce when that time comes. They are all too happy to just do what they are told, jump on the bandwagon, don't question anything, no matter how absurd it is. They want to be part of the in crowd. Reminds my of a line from an old rock song; "everybody wonders where you're going when you step out of line".

Old 10-12-2020, 07:31 PM

1,537 posts, read 1,483,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
I still don't understand the people wearing masks by themselves while driving. I even see people walking dogs and no one else is within a block but wearing masks. It's odd for sure.
Maybe like me they had an appointment and forget they had it on until they had driven part of the way home.

Old 10-12-2020, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Nah, I'm not sick. My sneeze isn't infecting anyone with anything. I get that you're panicked because you believe everything the government/DNC/media scares you with, but at some point you'll wake up. Maybe not in your case.

Oh, I was also raised to cover my mouth and turn away from people when I sneeze or cough, which is what normal people do. There's no reason to permanently wear a face diaper unless you have a political agenda to keep people thinking about a virus at all times.
This mask silliness has to end. It's about forcing people to comply out of fear. It's not about public health.

Old 10-12-2020, 07:37 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful DC View Post
Lol!....So we're suppose to believe anything that China says.

A Country that does not have a free press or freedom of speech for its Citizens.

Like seriously
Would you prefer the real story be that millions have died from COVID-19 in China and it is still mostly out of control?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies