Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2020, 03:50 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,116,589 times

Advertisements

Spain mandated outdoor masks in the summer, look at them now.

Old 10-23-2020, 04:19 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,257,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Spain mandated outdoor masks in the summer, look at them now.
Now it's fall in Spain. Summer has been over for one month.

A lot can happen in one month when people get careless about masks...just as what we are now seeing in the US and across the globe.

What's really interesting is that the states that have no mask mandates are among the states with the highest new cases per capita. Interesting how that works isn't it?

On the map below every Red octagon indicates: 25+ daily new cases per 100,000 people, which indicates: unchecked community spread.

Coronavirus Maps: How Severe Is Your State's Outbreak?

Out of the 16 states that don't mandate masks all but 4 are in the red zone in this map AND make up the majority of the states in the red zone. 3 of those 4 are in the orange zone.

Old 10-23-2020, 04:54 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,116,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Now it's fall in Spain. Summer has been over for one month.

A lot can happen in one month when people get careless about masks...just as what we are now seeing in the US and across the globe.

What's really interesting is that the states that have no mask mandates are among the states with the highest new cases per capita. Interesting how that works isn't it?

On the map below every Red octagon indicates: 25+ daily new cases per 100,000 people, which indicates: unchecked community spread.

Coronavirus Maps: How Severe Is Your State's Outbreak?

Out of the 16 states that don't mandate masks all but 4 are in the red zone in this map AND make up the majority of the states in the red zone. 3 of those 4 are in the orange zone.
Those red states now are having their first wave, something that struck NY/NJ/MA in March and Florida/Texas/Arizona in June. By the time the wave hit us in Miami in June, masks were already mandated in all indoor places. Didn't stop that wave though, which in June/July was much much worse than April.

Old 10-23-2020, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Those red states now are having their first wave, something that struck NY/NJ/MA in March and Florida/Texas/Arizona in June. By the time the wave hit us in Miami in June, masks were already mandated in all indoor places. Didn't stop that wave though, which in June/July was much much worse than April.
Not true.

View the data via a heat map (immediately below), curve charts, a table of state-by-state trends over four weeks, or a map of total cases and deaths.

CORONAVIRUS BY THE NUMBERS

I'm only going to go over one of those red states (Alaska) to show you how wrong you are.

Alaska’s second wave of coronavirus infections continues

Alaska Covid cases graph

What the heck lets look at Florida as well. This graph shows that the peak hit in July and then fell. Now the cases are on the rise again which means a second wave is in the making and started at the end of August.

Florida Covid cases graph

Old 10-23-2020, 06:21 PM

2,233 posts, read 2,403,338 times
Ugh. Just received an email from my apartment building manager that we're now required to wear masks unless we're inside our units! Yet another place where we're being forced to wear masks. She didn't mention anything about getting fined if you don't wear a mask, but I guess I better not push it. I'm just so tired of all of this.

Old 10-23-2020, 06:23 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,140,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Ugh. Just received an email from my apartment building manager that we're now required to wear masks unless we're inside our units! Yet another place where we're being forced to wear masks. She didn't mention anything about getting fined if you don't wear a mask, but I guess I better not push it. I'm just so tired of all of this.

Just call her bluff and tell her she has no power to tell you what to do or just ignore it and see what happens.

Old 10-23-2020, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Just call her bluff and tell her she has no power to tell you what to do or just ignore it and see what happens.
I mean, I'd like to... but I have to live here and don't want to make things uncomfortable....

Old 10-23-2020, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Looks like the call was made because Chicago cases are on the rise. 6.8% increase over the past 7 days as seen in the 7 day rolling average.

Chicago COVID Dashboard

Also Illinois has a state mandated mask wearing in place.

Illinois Statewide order: Yes

Anyone who is over the age of 2 and medically able to wear a mask must do so in a public place when unable to maintain 6-foot distancing.

To be honest with you....this would all be over if people would simply do 3 simple things.

1. Wear a mask when in public and not 6 ft apart
2. Wash hands frequently
3. Maintain a social distance from others and avoid being in crowds.

Just imagine how different things would have panned out for the US had we taken precautions as soon as the news was shared with the US back in Jan. Had Trump listened to the WHO and the epidemiologists...or even simply followed the readily available White House Pandemic Playbook. It's very unfortunate the US is in the situation it's in today and back when it hit was the time to move into quick action to try and contain the spread. Once that window was missed....this is the result.

Last edited by Matadora; 10-23-2020 at 06:51 PM..

Old 10-23-2020, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Looks like the call was made because Chicago cases are on the rise. 6.8% increase over the past 7 days as seen in the 7 day rolling average.

Chicago COVID Dashboard

Also Illinois has a state mandated mask wearing in place.

Illinois Statewide order: Yes

Anyone who is over the age of 2 and medically able to wear a mask must do so in a public place when unable to maintain 6-foot distancing.
The mask mandate isn't a law though.... You only have to wear them inside businesses because they make their own rules. If you're walking around in a park, no one can force you to put on a mask, even when you're around a bunch of people.

Old 10-23-2020, 06:51 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,578,962 times
^^But if mask work wouldn't the numbers decrease? Hmm....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies