Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2020, 06:33 PM

1,499 posts, read 884,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Wife been on business trip recently, as long as you tell hotel you can't wear a mask because you have medical condition, there is nothing they can do about it.
Well am sure that is true..

Wonder how she feels about them cleaning her room without mask..and gloves..

Just asking

Old 11-08-2020, 06:37 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,139,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
Well am sure that is true..

Wonder how she feels about them cleaning her room without mask..and gloves..

Just asking

She didn't have them clean her room while she stayed there.

Old 11-08-2020, 07:22 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
Last night the ICU chief...a smart guy named Gupta..at UWashington..said not only are they OUT of Covid beds, but qualified staff to work them! They are begging any medical person with a license, even if retired, to come and help..

Wake up folks...

Remember this is just not a Covid crisis, but without beds and staff..don’t have a heart attack, crash your car..or break a leg

And please don’t babble about “that is my job”..
I can refuse to work to save stupid people who simply refuse to wear a mask
It would be quite helpful if people who insist that masks don't work to practice social distancing. If in a crowd that grows and doing that is impossible, then might as well leave it. You don't know with 100% certainly that you'll be in the majority who won't have a serious illness from covid.

Old 11-08-2020, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post

Makes me wonder if I didn't get Covid back in middle 2019 already when I had something similar. Actually it was late March, at my grandmother's funeral. If people are getting covid twice you know what that means... they are going to try to make masks a permanent part of our lives, something I will not comply with, because I believe in natural selection.
In other words, since you're so healthy, you're confident that any illness caused from covid you have will be mild and brief.

Old 11-08-2020, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Most of us that refuse to wear mask is young and healthy. We not afraid of hospital being overwhelmed.
So, in my college town lots of people are young and healthy, but that doesn't mean a damn thing, since the COVID unit at the local hospital is packed or nearly so every day.

Old 11-08-2020, 07:42 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,714,443 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hO-...ature=emb_logo

New York
Nov 4

picture of man:

https://cms.prod.nypr.digital/images.../fill-661x496/

https://gothamist.com/news/video-sho...wear-face-mask

The incident happened aboard a Queens-bound J train while crossing the Williamsburg Bridge around 11:40 p.m. on Wednesday. "I witnessed him refuse three people offering him a mask to wear, then proceed to cough in his hand and touch the subway poles next to him," said Toby Medlyn, who took the video. "At that point, I decided to call him out after seeing his refusal and blatant disregard of public safety."

As you can see in the video below, the man denies every entreaty to just wear a mask. "I live by my principles," he said. "It's the little things that diminish your soul. I don't wear a muzzle."

Last edited by jonbenson; 11-08-2020 at 08:15 PM..

Old 11-08-2020, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hO-...ature=emb_logo

New YorkNov 4

picture of man:

https://cms.prod.nypr.digital/images.../fill-661x496/

https://gothamist.com/news/video-sho...wear-face-mask

The incident happened aboard a Queens-bound J train while crossing the Williamsburg Bridge around 11:40 p.m. on Wednesday. "I witnessed him refuse three people offering him a mask to wear, then proceed to cough in his hand and touch the subway poles next to him," said Toby Medlyn, who took the video. "At that point, I decided to call him out after seeing his refusal and blatant disregard of public safety."

As you can see in the video below, the man denies every entreaty to just wear a mask. "I live by my principles," he said. "It's the little things that diminish your soul. I don't wear a muzzle."

What is the point of posting that video on Youtube? It's not like it will result in person getting shamed. Clearly he didn't care what anyone think of him.

Old 11-08-2020, 08:18 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,714,443 times
Quote:
What is the point of posting that video on Youtube? It's not like it will result in person getting shamed. Clearly he didn't care what anyone think of him.
As of 11/8/2020

11,866 watched it. It on a news channel. The point of it is not long ago NYC passed a law against not wearing masks in the Subway and this video shows what people are doing

Old 11-08-2020, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
As of 11/8/2020

11,866 watched it. It on a news channel. The point of it is not long ago NYC passed a law against not wearing masks in the Subway and this video shows what people are doing
Government can pass any law they want under the sun, the reality is the law means nothing. Is it being enforce if so by who and how often? It's pretty clear that guy wasn't afraid of getting fined etc.

Old 11-08-2020, 09:43 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,646,838 times
Masks are working so well that Trader Joes and Amazon have thousands of people getting infected. Sure lets continue this joke giving people a false sense their mask can save them from a virus...or save others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies