Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2020, 07:39 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,116,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifi Cake View Post
'You Can See The Regret': ICU Nurse On Patients Who Failed To Take COVID Precautions

"A lot of times before they're intubated — which means put on a ventilator because they can't breathe on their own — when they're still struggling to breathe, and they're saying, 'Well, I didn't know COVID was real, and I wish I'd worn a mask.' And then it's already too late," she tells NPR's All Things Considered. "You can see the regret, as they're struggling to breathe and it's finally hitting them that this is real. It makes me very sad."
There are plenty of people who wear masks all the time who get Covid19. And plenty of people who never wear masks will not get Covid19 at all.

You don't have any logic with these examples whatsoever.

Old 12-01-2020, 09:20 PM

8,134 posts, read 3,671,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
So what? I don't wear a mask, I never got Covid. Before 2020, no one wore masks, not everyone got the flu.

Where is your logic?

Interesting, when did S. Korea put in place mask mandates? When did they contain Covid19, give me dates for both. China is a blackbox. Singapore is a city state that had several outbreaks.
Lol, please don't talk about logic.

Old 12-01-2020, 10:38 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times
Quote:
Actually S. Korea, Singapore and China were able to contain the virus because of mask mandates and other measures.
It's part of the culture in South Korea to wear a mask when you're sick, or when there's a contagious disease afoot, such as the flu. Every flu season, I'd see Koreans here in America wearing masks, even when no one else did. It helps that they are a far more collectivist society than we are, and thus it's much more natural for them to take actions that they believe are in the public benefit.

I would guess that Singapore and China are the same way, but I don't know that for sure.

Old 12-02-2020, 01:04 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
Of course they are going to say that, they are getting paid to do so. Do you not acknowledge this?
Yet more proof below from Oklahoma that COVID-19 is a lot worse than the common cold or the flu. Seriously, dysgenic, do you honestly think thousands of people across the country want to get sick enough with covid so as to check in and help hospitals make more money? I would imagine doctors and nurses would like a well deserved break.

Oklahoma physicians dispute claims that COVID-19 is just another flu-like virus: https://www.fox23.com/news/local/okl...=snd-autopilot

FROM ARTICLE: "Oklahoma physicians are fighting back against the common claim that COVID-19 is just another influenza-like virus.

Dr. George Monks with the Oklahoma Medical Association said Tuesday people are throwing out the common misconception that the coronavirus is just another virus as an excuse to not wear a mask and take other precautions when the data shows, COVID-19 is ten times deadlier than the flu.

“In Oklahoma, we have about 85 average flu deaths a year,” Monks said. “With COVID ever since this thing began we are now to almost 1,800 people. That’s not flu-like numbers.”

Old 12-02-2020, 01:39 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Meanwhile, with the third attempt, Enid, OK, finally passes required mask ordinance. Unbelievably, one Enid doctor said masks are ineffective and that the virus is largely fecal-oral in transmission anyway. (How can many 1000s of people be that gross?) In photo, almost nobody wore a mask who attended the meeting: https://www.enidnews.com/news/enid-p...2d4848166.html

So in using Enid, let's look again at how helpful having a required mask ordinance can be:

Stillwater, OK pop. 50,391 - with required mask, positive covid cases: 3347, covid deaths: 9

Enid, OK pop. 49,585 - no masks, positive covid cases: 3652, covid deaths: 35

Old 12-02-2020, 03:21 AM

130 posts, read 77,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant
I know someone who works in the medical field and when people are coming in to the hospital with certain symptoms they label them covid even though no test has been taken. checkmate.
Yup its insane.... I have tried to talk to people of this and they cant hear me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic
The way the new world order has been banging the plandemic drum, they would probably give the liars a medal or a special bonus lol.

Thats what the $$ is all about.
Quote:
Connect the dots and read between the lines. Wake up before it's too late.
Quote:
A great video describing the situation perfectly. Under 4 mins and worth a watch!
Excellent replies from you.... It would be too bad if they deleted the vids!!

Old 12-02-2020, 04:15 AM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Meanwhile, with the third attempt, Enid, OK, finally passes required mask ordinance. Unbelievably, one Enid doctor said masks are ineffective and that the virus is largely fecal-oral in transmission anyway. (How can many 1000s of people be that gross?) In photo, almost nobody wore a mask who attended the meeting: https://www.enidnews.com/news/enid-p...2d4848166.html

So in using Enid, let's look again at how helpful having a required mask ordinance can be:

Stillwater, OK pop. 50,391 - with required mask, positive covid cases: 3347, covid deaths: 9

Enid, OK pop. 49,585 - no masks, positive covid cases: 3652, covid deaths: 35
While there quite a difference in deaths, that could just be a run of bad luck. The number of positive cases looks about the same.

Years ago, I lived in Enid, OK for a time. Not surprised by the doctor or the town meeting.

Wind blew all the time. It would die down when the temperature got over 100 degrees. It rarely ever let up in the cold. Ice storms snapped power lines. Every season there were tornadoes that would tear up a nearby barn or a stand of trees. After we moved away, a neighbor's home was demolished.

The weather was terrible. Just terrible.

But it wasn't the weather I remember, it was how uninterested people were in thinking.

Wonderfull, hardworking, salt-of-the-earth folks who loved their kids, cared for their parents, and discussed articles in the National Enquirer as if it was the WSJ.

I'm sorry to hear of so many deaths. They are good people. Believed all sorts of nonsense as if it were the gospel truth, dimwitted as hell, but good people.

Old 12-02-2020, 05:03 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Your argument is a false one - you cannot assume you or anyone else is negative; therefore, you must assume they are positive.
I'm not sure what planet you live on, but I opt for "innocent until PROVEN guilty". Why on earth would you assume that I'm positive, just because I might be?

Again, my argument is valid. I cannot assume that my car won't blow a tire, cross the yellow line, and plow into an oncoming vehicle. Therefore, I must assume that it will?

Old 12-02-2020, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Which is why the majority of the population in the US does not have COVID-19.
Out of the top 13 states with the most COVID-19 cases per capita...Michigan ranks 31 out of 50 states. Not bad.

In fact cases are now starting to ease in Michigan.

Scroll to the bottom and interpret the data from the graphs.

Michigan
This worked exceptionally well in Singapore, S. Korea and China...which is why these 3 countries were able to contain this virus.
Oh the evidence is there, you just need to update your knowledge on it.

Physical distancing, face masks, and eye protection to prevent person-to-person transmission of SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19: a systematic review and meta-analysis
You can't compare Singapore, a country with just under 6 million people, and 280 square miles in size, with the US. Same with South Korea, a landlocked (practically an island) country of 51 million. S. Korea is also currently experiencing a spike in cases.

As for China, any information that communist regime puts out regarding the virus cannot be believed. Their graph shows less than 200 cases per day (most are in the "less than 25 cases" range) since April. Do you honestly believe that to be the case?

Old 12-02-2020, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Do those 'overly sensitive tests" also lead to hospitalizations and deaths?
Not necessarily. But the greed of hospitals, who get more money for covid deaths, certainly leads to reporting that is not necessarily on the up and up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies