Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2020, 02:41 AM

6,913 posts, read 3,376,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcnghm View Post
Indeed..... This is beyond sickening!!!!

Indeed.... I hate being harrassed cause I am not following the sheep!
But you are following the sheep - just a different group that think they are wolves because they have convinced themselves that they know more than experts.

I hate being potentially infected by those that are denying the science.

Old 12-06-2020, 06:38 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Actually they make matters worse. But that's not important. As long as they give the appearance of being safe we're good. Providing a sense of security allows people to go out and spend money.

"Gaiters, which are known for being made of fleece, were found to release a lot of little particles from the wearer and created more tiny droplets than speaking without a mask. “This mask breaking down big droplets into you, multiple little droplets,” said Fisher. “These little droplets could be problematic because they have an easier time being carried away by air. So they might travel for the distance as opposed to just dropping down to the floor. So this was problematic.”"
https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/w...orked-72285844

Here's some common sense for you. In NC (where a mask mandate has been in effect since June) my ZIP code has the highest mask usage in the state. My ZIP code is also the hot spot in the entire state with the highest number of positive cases. In NC the curve never flattened. Cases have steadily increased and are now out of control. I can't remember the last time I saw someone without a mask. The mandate even requires everyone to be in a mask outdoors and even inside your own home. I see people driving alone in their own car wearing mask. The mask mandate did nothing to slow the spread in NC.
Gaitors are not masks. You can't argue that masks cause more problems then post a link about gaiters. You can say gaiters cause more harm but you can't try to make that statement stand for all masks. I always thought of gaiters as something people who don't want to wear masks wear, so they can appear to be complying.

Old 12-06-2020, 07:04 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,580,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Gaitors are not masks. You can't argue that masks cause more problems then post a link about gaiters. You can say gaiters cause more harm but you can't try to make that statement stand for all masks. I always thought of gaiters as something people who don't want to wear masks wear, so they can appear to be complying.

In NC they're acceptable.

Old 12-06-2020, 08:03 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,548,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Still, though, CODVID-19 isn't something you want to get, since you don't know how your body will respond to it. My FB friend has been sick with it for 15 days. Still has off and on fever. Still feels disoriented. So, I'd far sooner have strep throat again. After several days of antibiotic treatment you're well on your way to getting over it. My doctor said I only needed to miss work for 3 days.
interesting enough i have the blood type that is least likely to get it and it will effect me less. i have blood type o positive. if you google blood type and covid risks you probably will find something on it.

no the sickest i ever was was with strep throat. i almost died of strep. i was bedridden for 2 weeks and did not eat any food for 2 weeks. i had to take 2 ROUNDS of antibiotics. i lost 10 pounds in two weeks and had a fever of 104. the first round of antibiotics did not work on me. my throat felt like i was swalowing knives.

the chances of getting covid is so miniscule.

Old 12-06-2020, 01:36 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
There's not much difference and you're RH+ which is higher while O is lower. If you look at the analysis, they compared distributions for each group and the difference was only about 2 percentage points. There was a Mass General study that debunked the whole thing.

Administration doesn't have a real plan to distribute the vaccine or is relying on the Pentagon to show its hand.

link

Quote:
Asked if Trump’s skepticism about masks and repeated downplaying of the pandemic had exacerbated its effects, Azar said the spike in cases was about behavior.

“We need people to renew their commitment,” he said.

On ABC’s This Week, Azar insisted the Trump administration supports masks – even after the president held a rally on Saturday night in Georgia where people mostly did not wear them. Host George Stephanopoulos also asked about the White House planning large holiday parties with up to 900 guests.

“Our advice remains the same in any context, which is wash your hands, watch your distance, wear face coverings when you can’t watch your distance and be careful of those indoor settings,” Azar said.
Compliance on masks is only about 60 percent.

Old 12-06-2020, 02:33 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
There's not much difference and you're RH+ which is higher while O is lower. If you look at the analysis, they compared distributions for each group and the difference was only about 2 percentage points. There was a Mass General study that debunked the whole thing.

Administration doesn't have a real plan to distribute the vaccine or is relying on the Pentagon to show its hand.

link

Compliance on masks is only about 60 percent.
There is a plan and the lame stream media should be slapping Biden down hard for creating this kind of confusion and doubt.

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/...-strategy.html

Old 12-06-2020, 02:48 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
You listening, DeSantis?
https://www.news4jax.com/i-team/2020...sk-force-memo/

Old 12-06-2020, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifi Cake View Post
The CDC is in charge of planning the distribution of a vaccine...not Trump.

The FDA career scientists, medical research professionals (not the politicians), work with their advisory committee on immunization practices…which is the CDC, who utilizes the immunization practices committee to decide how a vaccine is going to be distributed. Before the CDC does this, the FDA meets with their own committee - VRBAC.

This committee is the Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee (VRBAC). The FDA works with the VRBAC and decides weather or not to do an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). As soon the EUA is given the A-OK, the CDC and the VRBAC make the decision on how to distribute the vaccine.
Of course Trump is not working up flow charts for vaccine distribution. No president would be. I think it is a certainty that he wants the vaccine admin started and in full swing before he leaves office.

The plan is in the hands of the FDA and CDC both of which are under the direction of a cabinet member for HHS whom you can be sure is reporting to Trump whether or not they have a plan ready to go as soon as they get the info they need.

I posted that plan. They apparently have several contingent strategies based on the things not yet known. Although, realistically they probably know most of the things they need to know by now and are reworking the plan to include them.

The states have their own plans. For example, FL plan is on the state health dept website. Fl gov has already started publicizing it in general terms and reporting has been done on how hospitals and private entities like CVS and Walgreens are gearing up to administer the vaccines.

Old 12-06-2020, 04:40 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
The complaint is that plans or outlines are not being provided. They've gone to the Pentagon as well. Some of the things have leaked out in the past, such as the military providing logistical support to deliver the vaccines to McKesson to distribute with CVS, Walgreens, and the state health agencies down the line managing the administration of the vaccine. Executives are not normally forced to visit farther below the chain of command to get plans and progress reports. They're requesting plans and briefings. It is in the same in any organization and at each level where there's a transition.

Old 12-06-2020, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
The complaint is that plans or outlines are not being provided. They've gone to the Pentagon as well. Some of the things have leaked out in the past, such as the military providing logistical support to deliver the vaccines to McKesson to distribute with CVS, Walgreens, and the state health agencies down the line managing the administration of the vaccine. Executives are not normally forced to visit farther below the chain of command to get plans and progress reports. They're requesting plans and briefings. It is in the same in any organization and at each level where there's a transition.
Horse dookey lol.

The plan is sitting right there on HHS website. Anyone on Bidens staff could have googled it and gone over it with Biden in advance of his meeting next week with one of the Trump Admin Dr's who is going to go over it with him.

He lied. I'm sure they know it's there. If a former vice president doesnt have the sense to find a vaccine plan I found in 5 sec, god help us.

The question is why is he deliberately trying to sow doubt and confusion around the plan to scare Americans? That's despicable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies