Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2020, 08:32 AM

5,090 posts, read 2,026,894 times

Advertisements

The Babylon Bee posted a good one about masks and I thought it might be worth to share. https://babylonbee.com/news/baptists...t-liquor-store

Old 12-31-2020, 08:34 AM

726 posts, read 327,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
I'm making plans to hit the road, possibly for weeks at a time.

What for? To find Magic No-mask Land. I know it's out there, somewhere. I'm willing to drive for endless 1000's of miles to find it, too.

A clue of where to begin would be nice, however. Anybody on here know of a place where everybody in public is free-facing it?
Clark Fork, Idaho. Almost nobody wears masks there. However, yesterday I called my handyman who lives there. He said he and his wife came down with Covid-19, which was "running rampant" through the town. Good luck, Thinker!

Old 12-31-2020, 09:57 AM

2,391 posts, read 1,394,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
That depends doesn't it. The virus survives longer in cold dry climates, and it has mutated with faster transmission in several countries including South Africa, Nigeria, UK, France, Canada, Japan. Italy is probably just late to the table. USA is probably hiding facts, same with China.

In freezing temperatures, virus transmission is higher than in warm humid temperatures.

Come on folks - get your poop together and understand that although it's painful, the fast we suck it up the sooner it is gone.
Well, it was in Southern Texas, so not cold and dry. Nope. Extremely little chance of contagion ...

Old 12-31-2020, 10:00 AM

2,391 posts, read 1,394,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Florida probably. Savannah Georgia possibly as well. People are wearing masks in both places, but they're not being ridiculous about it and there is still plenty of stuff that is open.
Yes, people generally don’t wear masks outside in FL. Sanity still reigns ...

Old 12-31-2020, 11:45 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,567,116 times
Quote:

What for? To find Magic No-mask Land. I know it's out there, somewhere. I'm willing to drive for endless 1000's of miles to find it, too.

A clue of where to begin would be nice, however. Anybody on here know of a place where everybody in public is free-facing it? A place where people go to music festivals and dance their cares away, a place where all the hugs are free. A place that makes you feel like it's 2019 all over again.

Help a brother out and point me in the right direction.
Good luck with that. In Oklahoma, where there is no statewide mask mandate, the bars have been permitted to go back to closing at 2 am. It had been 11 pm. Even so, I won't be at a bar tonight, especially at midnight. Daily covid cases here are still well into the double digits 88 on Wednesday and 67 today. This, even though masks are required here. But if cases stay up, I bet the city council will vote to extend the mandatory mask ordinance when it expires in February.

I haven't heard of a Oklahoma town where there is no mandatory mask ordinance and everybody doesn't wear masks.

Old 12-31-2020, 01:02 PM

3,247 posts, read 1,471,968 times
Quote:

A clue of where to begin would be nice, however. Anybody on here know of a place where everybody in public is free-facing it? A place where people go to music festivals and dance their cares away, a place where all the hugs are free. A place that makes you feel like it's 2019 all over again.

Help a brother out and point me in the right direction.
I heard south Dakota has no mask mandates and it's free there. But the weather might make you to change your mind there. i checked the weather there for this week it does not seem too bad.

The governor seems cool. they like freedom.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8GTo32eW4o

Old 12-31-2020, 06:10 PM

52,530 posts, read 34,259,842 times
memory lane

Old 12-31-2020, 06:18 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,304,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
memory lane
So don't take your medical advice from WaPo or the government?

Check and check.

Old 12-31-2020, 06:59 PM

17,456 posts, read 6,784,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
So don't take your medical advice from WaPo or the government?

Check and check.
His point went right over your head. Unsurprisingly.

Old 12-31-2020, 09:10 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,378,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Taiwan. They did a brilliant job handling the virus which is practically non-existent now, everything is open and no one needs to wear masks anymore.
Plenty of ppl in taiwan still wear masks. That's WHY the virus is virtually non existent there. Furthermore, the country is also completely closed off to foreigners without taiwanese citizenship. They don't want anyone spreading the Trump virus over there, and i don't mean covid19. As for the actual virus, I suspect when they open up, they'll need proof of vaccination and a covid test before you'll be allowed to roam free in their country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.