Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2021, 11:02 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,944,940 times

Advertisements

Isn't it curious that one side of the argument is allowed to post to their hearts content, but the other side has to to contend with multiple moderators memory holing their opinions. Kind of makes you think.

Old 01-17-2021, 05:25 PM

18,547 posts, read 15,568,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Mandating that people of the US do anything like this will not lead to a good outcome.

The fabric of this nation is comprised of rebels. It is not comprised of people who will bow to demands to do anything so invasive as wear something on their face every time they go out in public.

The communists need to find their own places, or start their communes with such rules. Such demands of the general public, without forseeable end, continuously will be read as intolerable.
By that logic, should I also be allowed to go into a store without clothes either?

Old 01-17-2021, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
By that logic, should I also be allowed to go into a store without clothes either?
If there is one trait that is common to fear mongering mask pushers, it's false equivocation.

Old 01-17-2021, 05:36 PM

18,547 posts, read 15,568,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
If there is one trait that is common to fear mongering mask pushers, it's false equivocation.
Explain to me why requiring clothes is OK but requiring masks is not.

Old 01-17-2021, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Explain to me why requiring clothes is OK but requiring masks is not.
Not wearing clothes is indecent; not wearing a mask is not indecent.

Old 01-17-2021, 06:53 PM

Germany brings back concentration camps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udFn...nY1-UKxUjWSlfw

Does anyone support this?

Old 01-17-2021, 07:24 PM

58 posts, read 28,310 times
Thumbs down  

No one should support it....... This is just getting worse and worse!!!

Old 01-19-2021, 06:02 AM

1,014 posts, read 478,712 times
I have a face mask. Darth Vader face mask from Wal-mart store. Two other type of face masks. I wear it every time I go outside. Which is just to buy some snack then it is back indoors again. It has been this way since March 18, 2020. I keep all tabs of when I go outside. I don't think this will end. Considering now I cover up always due to the pandemic. Also I am getting lighter in skin color, so it is back to square one again. That is before I played sports. Tan in color. I think this is working out. I am beginning to feel and think like a physician. Which is good. I think this will go on forever. Now that I have been made aware of it. I don't see any reason to stop. It is only good judgement and good safe keeping. The way I figured it, my neighbor is a Korean and she stays indoors almost always. But she does it for beauty reasons. Complexion wise. I do it because of the pandemic. But getting the same results. And forever too.

Last edited by tyCable; 01-19-2021 at 06:16 AM..

Old 01-19-2021, 01:50 PM

29,504 posts, read 22,610,207 times
Woman Has Meltdown on Train After Being Asked to Wear Mask Properly in Taiwan

Quote:
A woman was filmed having a meltdown after being asked by passengers to wear a mask properly while riding a train in Taiwan amid the COVID-19 pandemic. The unidentified woman reportedly rode the Taiwan Railways Administration (TRA) train from New Taipei City's Banqiao District to Taoyuan's Zhongli District bound for Taichung on Sunday without a mask, according to Taiwan News.

Rex Huang, a member of the Facebook group Breaking News Commune, shared more details on what happened. He overheard the woman shout profanities when asked to wear a mask while onboard the train. Huang tried to reason with the woman, but she allegedly flipped him off. A conductor later heard the commotion and attempted to defuse the situation. The woman claimed she refused to wear a mask because it makes her cough. She pretended not to speak Mandarin and communicated her displeasure in English. The woman eventually complied and put on her mask improperly with her nose uncovered, as seen in one of the videos.

However, this prompted other passengers to ask her to wear her mask properly. She once again began shouting at other passengers and the TRA staff and told them she “didn’t do anything illegal.” One of the passengers asked her calmly to put on her mask as she started coughing. During the confrontation, the passenger said she could not “wear it the other way” and needed another mask. The passenger complained the woman she was sitting next to did not ask her directly to put on her mask, but the woman explained that she could not force her to wear it, so she went to the TRA employee instead. After speaking with the TRA staff, the woman initially agreed to move to a nursing room, but she quickly refused after seeing it was a confined space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjCe...ture=emb_title

Old 01-19-2021, 06:40 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,557,622 times
Is that an American woman? If so, it's totally embarrassing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.