Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2020, 11:18 AM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Around 500 cases of covid can be traced to the Trump Tulsa rally in June, which Herman Cain attended.
Say you with no link.

I don't believe for a second that they have done that level of tracing and that you are just pulling that off Facebook or reddit or some anonymous poster.

Even though I think the rally was stupid.

Old 08-29-2020, 11:50 AM

3,642 posts, read 1,596,995 times
Why do we have to wear masks in stores and stay 6 feet apart and the president holds a convention that almost no one does so? He said everyone should wear your mask?

Old 08-29-2020, 12:18 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
All you people who are afraid non-mask wearers are going to spread covid?

so if this spreads covid, and social distancing and washing hands helps stop it, and if the governors and mayors are so adamant about it, why are they NOT adamant about the protestors? If they really felt it was that important, they would have enforced it.
!
The virus doesn't know whether someone is a protestor or not. It's a virus. Protesters should wear masks, yes. So should people attending a political rally.

If you refuse to wear a mask because of BLM protests, that makes no sense.

Old 08-29-2020, 12:47 PM

6,646 posts, read 2,956,027 times
I wish it wasn't so politicized.

Just wear a freakin mask and try to keep away from people as best you can. Go protest, go shopping, go to rallies, go to Vote, go eat dinner outdoors with adequate spacing. And watch what you touch , use sanitizer and wash for real when you get home.

Schools need to be remote for as much as it can. PreSchools have thier protocol.

What more do you need? We are not gonna have some China level lockdown.

You can't let one group do this and tell another they can't either. People just get mad and do it anyway.

'Murica.

Old 08-29-2020, 02:31 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,139,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I wish it wasn't so politicized.

Just wear a freakin mask and try to keep away from people as best you can. Go protest, go shopping, go to rallies, go to Vote, go eat dinner outdoors with adequate spacing. And watch what you touch , use sanitizer and wash for real when you get home.

Schools need to be remote for as much as it can. PreSchools have thier protocol.

What more do you need? We are not gonna have some China level lockdown.

You can't let one group do this and tell another they can't either. People just get mad and do it anyway.

'Murica.
I will never wear a mask and will continue giving the man the finger.

Old 08-29-2020, 03:11 PM

9,908 posts, read 9,579,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
The virus doesn't know whether someone is a protestor or not. It's a virus. Protesters should wear masks, yes. So should people attending a political rally.

If you refuse to wear a mask because of BLM protests, that makes no sense.

No, I'm saying that if the people in charge are so adamant about masks etc helping stop covid from spreading, then why have they not enforced it strictly with the protestors? That tells me they don't believe it to be true.. that tells me its b.s. because if they wanted to get the covid numbers down, they would enforce it.. it would not stop the protestors from their right to free speech including protesting.

so they are hypocrites.

Old 08-29-2020, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
I will never wear a mask and will continue giving the man the finger.
People can wear it or not. I wont get in your face about it and you wont get in mine about wearing one.

We all know what the deal is.,.it's up to us to do whatever with that info.

My problem is when they use politics to force us one way or another.

Give me the info and stay outta our way.

Now private businesses can also do what they want too in those terms. Serve or not, No shirt, no shoes, no mask, etc. IF they wanna deal with the fallout, up to them.

Old 08-29-2020, 05:00 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
People can wear it or not. I wont get in your face about it and you wont get in mine about wearing one.
Many private stores & businesses will, yes, get in your face and ask you to leave if you're not wearing a mask.

Old 08-29-2020, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Many private stores & businesses will, yes, get in your face and ask you to leave if you're not wearing a mask.
No,..I know,..I said as much in that very post you quoted. It's their store, do what they want. I can take my money elsewhere.

Old 08-29-2020, 07:21 PM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypervigilant View Post
So they had 500 new cases vs. 170 new cases the week before, while the rest of Oklahoma also had an increase in cases. They had "several" large gatherings.

So, they did contact tracing to zero cases from the rally. And the increase in cases was roughly 330. Some portion of that increase would have happened even if the rally never happened.

I don't doubt that some of the increase came from the rally, just as I'm sure the protests were strong contributors to the mid-June surge around the country. But there is no proof that the Tulsa increase came specifically from the Trump rally, only a suspicion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies