Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2020, 04:50 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Reading between lines of that. Mandatory masks today. Mandatory vaccine tomorrow.
If you work in healthcare or you teach for a living, you are already required to get other kinds of vaccines. So in that sense, it's "mandatory" but no, the government doesn't line people up and force them to get shots.

Masks are mostly mandatory in places of business where the business owner chooses to enforce the rule. Don't like it? Don't go there.

Nobody has been put in jail for not wearing a mask. They are only arrested if they refuse to leave (trespassing) or cause a public disturbance.

Old 09-10-2020, 09:49 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Masks don't work per studies, and these studies were not done by MSM, so I suspect some aren't aware of them:

https://www.rcreader.com/commentary/...-social-policy

https://www.climatedepot.com/2020/05...cience-vacuum/

People like this person do care about Americans, their rights and freedoms that are being taken away, Palm Beach County - served for treason!

https://themarshallreport.wordpress....mask-mandates/

Per the article:

"No one is above the law and Palm Beach County in Florida from the Mayor on down to all the city council members just got served papers showing how that all works. And justifiably so with a mandatory mask mandate that was authorized to be extended every 30 days and would not stop until there is a vaccine....."

Thank God, people are finally see the light! Masks don't work, and many don't want the vaccine that Bill Gates jokes about changing ones DNA.

Taking back "Normal" one person at a time, and one day at a time!
So to you, people need to quit being cowards and stand up for their freedoms to catch COVID-19 easier? After all, most of them won't ever know they were infected by it?

But if you want to sue the city for not letting you get COVID-19 easier, you must first get a citation for failure to wear a mask under city ordinance. Otherwise, the judge will throw out your case, because you don't have a legal case against the city without first being given a citation from the city.

Old 09-10-2020, 09:56 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
They won't be able to sue for that.
You never know until a judge has heard the case. But don't sue the city unless you have been issued a citation for violating the mandatory mask wear ordinance. If the city doesn't want to issue such citations, then you're out of luck. You have no case.

Old 09-11-2020, 05:11 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Reading between lines of that. Mandatory masks today. Mandatory vaccine tomorrow.

Nonsense, YUGE difference between protecting yourself(vaccine) and protecting others(mask). You wanna get sick? Fine! Don't get the vaccine. But please, keep your cooties to yourself!

BTW, I just saw a guy wearing a MAGA hat on the news saying he doesn't wear mask because he has a hard time understanding people when he does. Would somebody please tell him it doesn't go over your ears!

Old 09-11-2020, 06:34 AM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Today is the 19th anniversary of 911.

Remember 911? A time when Americans all came together at a time of crisis? Remember when we were better Americans who weren't at each other's throats at a time when we should all be rowing in the same direction?

I miss those times.

Old 09-11-2020, 06:49 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Interviews from Trump rally -- "Why don't you wear a mask?" "Because I can't understand or hear people". Can you hear me now? Yeah I understand hear you.........LOL.

Other guy -- because it is a hoax. But the President says it is serious....'yeah that's his opinion'. LOL

Can'f fix stupid.

Old 09-11-2020, 08:24 AM

10,229 posts, read 6,309,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
If you work in healthcare or you teach for a living, you are already required to get other kinds of vaccines. So in that sense, it's "mandatory" but no, the government doesn't line people up and force them to get shots.

Masks are mostly mandatory in places of business where the business owner chooses to enforce the rule. Don't like it? Don't go there.

Nobody has been put in jail for not wearing a mask. They are only arrested if they refuse to leave (trespassing) or cause a public disturbance.
There are no required vaccines for teachers and other public school staff. None whosoever.

Edit: I think California requires vaccination for Day Care staff, but not K-12.

Old 09-11-2020, 01:40 PM

609 posts, read 263,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Masks don't work per studies, and these studies were not done by MSM, so I suspect some aren't aware of them:

:
Masks do work, according to many other studies, and in many countries where people mask up and don't have anywhere near the level of corona virus that Americans do.

The main reason people here refuse a mask is politics.

Old 09-11-2020, 01:59 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,139,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrcollie View Post
Masks do work, according to many other studies, and in many countries where people mask up and don't have anywhere near the level of corona virus that Americans do.

The main reason people here refuse a mask is politics.

Those studies are irreverent, i will not wear a mask for a flu.

Old 09-11-2020, 02:27 PM

10,229 posts, read 6,309,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Nonsense, YUGE difference between protecting yourself(vaccine) and protecting others(mask). You wanna get sick? Fine! Don't get the vaccine. But please, keep your cooties to yourself!

BTW, I just saw a guy wearing a MAGA hat on the news saying he doesn't wear mask because he has a hard time understanding people when he does. Would somebody please tell him it doesn't go over your ears!
I don't care about wearing a mask because it is on the outside of my body. Vaccination is inside my body. Can take a mask off, but can you take off a vaccination?

I am turning 72 in November. My last vaccination was for polio in the 1950's as a child. After first responders and medical people, I am in the next group (vulnerable elderly) to be on the list to be allocated for a vaccine. Keep my "cooties" from you? I will allocate MY vaccine to younger YOU if you are so desperate to take it.

Throw Granny in jail for refusal. I will not take any COVID vaccine, or flu shot, or anything else. MAKE ME.

BTW. I am a Democrat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies