Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2020, 11:47 PM

30 posts, read 9,666 times

Advertisements

Why is he complaining??

JUST DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!! -- Geez .. Its not rocket science!!

Old 09-13-2020, 02:28 PM

2,774 posts, read 902,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
A mask covers your mouth from body fluids spraying everywhere when you talk, cough, and sneeze. If that wasn't true why do surgeons wear masks keep the patient from being infected.

The reason you can't correlate mask mandated states with non mandated mask states is because people like you don't wear them.
New England Journal of Medicine - 5/20/20

"We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 30 minutes). The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic."

Old 09-13-2020, 02:45 PM

13,248 posts, read 7,308,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
New England Journal of Medicine - 5/20/20

"We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 30 minutes). The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic."

I don't see mask laws changing any so all this crying is pointless anyway. The places I go are mask mandatory no one argues anymore.

Old 09-13-2020, 02:57 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,142,045 times
Quote:
I don't see mask laws changing any so all this crying is pointless anyway. The places I go are mask mandatory no one argues anymore.

Inside people often wear mask wrongly and no one says a word. Outside large minority do not wear mask at all and no one says a word to them as well.

Last edited by looker009; 09-13-2020 at 03:41 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 09-13-2020, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Inside people often wear mask wrongly and no one says a word. Outside large minoring do not wear mask at all and no one says a word to them as well.
Outside Minoring? did you mean Gatherings? I don't attend outside large gatherings. I'm only concerned where people have to go like a grocery store. Protests, Trump rallies those are optional if you go there know people are not going to wear masks. Different situation inside stores where I'm forced to go I want masks in those places.

Old 09-13-2020, 03:20 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Default !

New York Governor Cuomo: "You're saying what happened in other countries vs. what happened here, ah, we don't even thing it is going to be as bad as it was in other countries." - March 2, 2020

Democrat Party Number One Nancy Pelosi: "Come to Chinatown. Here we are, here again, we are careful, safe, and uh, chew chew chew, come join us."- February 24th, 2020

Anderson "q-tip" Cooper: "Half the people in American do not get a flu shot, and the flu fright now is far deadlier, so if you're freaked out at all by the Corona Virus, you should be more concerned about the flu" - Marth 4th, 2020

Mayor DiBlasio: "... and for the vast majority of New Yorkers, life is going on pretty normally right now and we want to encourage that." - March 10th

CNN May 28th: "I want to be clear in how I characterize this, this is mostly a protest, a, it is not generally speaking unruly, though fires have been started..."

That's called Arson idiot.

Those are called lies and projectionism idiots.

Happy Voting!

Old 09-13-2020, 03:44 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,142,045 times
Quote:
Outside Minoring? did you mean Gatherings? I don't attend outside large gatherings. I'm only concerned where people have to go like a grocery store. Protests, Trump rallies those are optional if you go there know people are not going to wear masks. Different situation inside stores where I'm forced to go I want masks in those places.

Should have said outside minority. It got auto corrected and i didn't catch it. At least in Los Angeles large number of people wear mask both inside the store and outside, however you will still see people often not wearing mask outside. "Compliance" with mask inside the store is high but many people do not cover their nose and some even pull it down below their mouth. I have yet to see any employee say anything to any of the customers that do that.

Old 09-13-2020, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Should have said outside minority. It got auto corrected and i didn't catch it. At least in Los Angeles large number of people wear mask both inside the store and outside, however you will still see people often not wearing mask outside. "Compliance" with mask inside the store is high but many people do not cover their nose and some even pull it down below their mouth. I have yet to see any employee say anything to any of the customers that do that.
I'm not as concerned outside in open air as long as good distance away 20-30 feet away I drop my mask after leaving a store but not nearly as crowded here in Arizona as it is in Southern California. I grew up in Orange County beach cities I know. It's lot worse now the population density.

Old 09-14-2020, 09:08 AM

2,774 posts, read 902,476 times
Quote:
Will you willingly take the mark when that becomes mandatory too?

Old 09-14-2020, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
Will you willingly take the mark when that becomes mandatory too?
Did you mean take the vaccine? Sorry not following you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies