Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2020, 09:31 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Privilege is having the time to go to a Black Lives Matter rally in the middle of a pandemic and being a white person throwing water bottles and screaming "Black Lives Matter" at a bunch of Black policemen.
If white people are doing that, they are not quite privileged. Something is going on in their lives that you probably will never understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2020, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I have no idea what you just wrote. Well, except you have really cheap property taxes. I'm envious of that.
And yet 300 is not free. Everyone pays money for something. People act like blacks don’t have to pay for anything.

Old 07-15-2020, 09:37 AM

4,904 posts, read 2,056,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Not true. If a black family and a white family have the same income and credit score; the black family pays more interest and fees. Blacks are much more likely to be offered subprime loans even when they qualify for better type of loans.

That's according to data gathered by American Civil Liberties Union.

Black Americans unfairly targeted by banks before housing crisis

I'm half Black and I've always did my homework before making any major purchase... Who, in their right mind would be OK with a subprime rate on a home purchase? If you have poor credit or no credit, that's on you.

A few years ago, when I purchased a new car, the first dealership tried to screw me over with some BS on a higher interest rate on the loan... Basically, as he stated the "average for the area," which is an area with a high percentage of Black and Brown people... Which was pure BS and I simply walked away... No harm and found a far better deal with the proper interest rate for my credit score.

If you do not understand how something works AND you get screwed, that's on you cuz unfortunately, that's how sheet works.

Old 07-15-2020, 09:38 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
And yet 300 is not free. Everyone pays money for something. People act like blacks don’t have to pay for anything.
Not I.

Old 07-15-2020, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Not I.
Yes of course not. Blacks are also made to pay for what other blacks have done wrong. Same goes for whites.

Old 07-15-2020, 09:43 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Those are not free.
Well free to those using the service. True nothing is actually free, tax payers are footing the bill.

Old 07-15-2020, 09:45 AM

1,349 posts, read 663,707 times
Privilege is not being afraid everytime you get out in the street (appart from sexual assault for women or gays)

Privilege is never thinking about your skin color and what trouble it might get you into

Privilege is about being believed first

Privilege is about never having to think about it.

Old 07-15-2020, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Well free to those using the service. True nothing is actually free, tax payers are footing the bill.
You seem to not get what it is to use those services. Everyone must pay in some form for all services. Nothing is free.

Old 07-15-2020, 09:54 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
OP calls that a privilege list? He/she must be in a very bad place themselves financially. Feel bad for the OP.
No its just putting things in perspective when white people are told they are privileged because they get up at the butt crack of dawn, drop their kids off at daycare they pay for, to go to their job everyday thus having no time for protests and riots, for a paycheck that after taxes and insurance premiums they barely have enough to pay their mortgage and utilizes and buy food yet make too much money to receive any grants or assistance to help pay for their children's college expenses.

Of course there are families of all colors who have this privilege, so why is it just "white privilege"?

Old 07-15-2020, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
Privilege is not being afraid everytime you get out in the street (appart from sexual assault for women or gays)

Privilege is never thinking about your skin color and what trouble it might get you into

Privilege is about being believed first

Privilege is about never having to think about it.
Privilege is higher intellect through knowledge passed down throughout the generations. Marketability. Organizing majority. Using your culture to influence and manipulate others. Destroying others with mass weapons of all types, including foods, drugs, diseases, and money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies