Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2020, 01:26 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,779,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
do you have inside information, or was this reported somewhere?
Just google his name and click on news. Lots of stories about him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2020, 01:27 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,779,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
CCbaxter doesn't know what's being discussed.

This country has lost its damn mind.
Sorry, has it already devolved into a "help me I'm white and persecuted" thread.
Very hard to keep up.

Old 07-15-2020, 01:33 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
ALL my artist friends are liberals, I am the only conservative.

I very much keep my political views to myself and my friends don't cross the boundary. I think they believe artists are “creative’ and creativity automatically is defined by thinking outside the box - ipso facto, that is going to be a person who is not particularly comfortable with traditional boundaries. Conservative = preserving tradition and by implication many existing boundaries; Liberal = creating change and by implication, breaking many existing boundaries. Artists hence = liberal.

But it doesn’t actually play out that way, because society and political issues are far too complex these days.

Wealthy, famous artist however, are highly dependent on the good will of their patrons and the good opinion of the media. In the current political climate where the left actively suppresses dissenting opinion, it can be career-suicide to express a contrary view. Plus, many 'artists' are nothing but opportunists. Don't expect them to be anything different from the general public.

Old 07-15-2020, 02:08 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
the context is in the article.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. Wow you really are upset by anything that looks like you can use as a dog whistle arent you?

Oh noes! Theyre cvoming for you next!

There isnt enough context in the article for anyone to know whats really going on there. And no, most people really dont care who the senior curator of the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.

noting that the context is in the article makes you think i'm upset and causes you to nonsensically babble and bleat about 'dog whistles'? why?

what a strange person.

Old 07-15-2020, 02:34 PM

315 posts, read 116,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. Wow you really are upset by anything that looks like you can use as a dog whistle arent you?

Oh noes! Theyre cvoming for you next!

There isnt enough context in the article for anyone to know whats really going on there. And no, most people really dont care who the senior curator of the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.

Why do extremist leftists such as yourself like that phraseology so much?

Old 07-15-2020, 02:41 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
So, he said,

... Would Still Collect Art From White Men

He's now a racist deserves to be fired?

Old 07-15-2020, 02:45 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,587 posts, read 17,927,273 times
There's a little more to the story, including a criminal charge of defacing someone's Black Lives Matter sign and an apparent history of racially insensitive incidents.

https://www.canyon-news.com/museum-c...-sfmoma/124059

Old 07-15-2020, 03:07 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
There's a little more to the story, including a criminal charge of defacing someone's Black Lives Matter sign and an apparent history of racially insensitive incidents.

https://www.canyon-news.com/museum-c...-sfmoma/124059
i don't see anything in your link about defacing a blm sign.

'history of racially insensitive incidents'. so much detail...

Old 07-15-2020, 03:12 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
From a more detailed article:

Among the account’s posts, it was pretty typical of the tone-deaf arrogance of arts leadership on display. But this one set in motion actual change: Ten days later, at another staff meeting over Zoom, SFMoMA head curator Gary Garrels — reportedly the person quoted in that post — said it would be “reverse discrimination” to stop collecting the work of white men. A petition calling for his resignation followed, and on July 11, two weeks after the widely shared @changethemuseum post, Garrels resigned, apologetically.

https://www.vulture.com/2020/07/chan...instagram.html

The art world is in the line of fire.
We are all in the Line Of Fire from these Marxists.
Just ask the families of the .babies they are now Killing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You really are triggered whenever someone points out the hypocrisy of liberals, aren't you?

Oh noes!!! They may be bringing slavery back!!!

You can't stop the conversation no matter how hard you try.
Hiden-Biden told them .... “They gonna put Y’all Back in Chains”
These fools believe him.

Old 07-15-2020, 03:16 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
How can you tell the pigment of the artist? I have many pieces. Have no clue the shade of the artists. I judge the piece, not the color of the artist or their "lgbtq" status. Who was counting in the first place? There is your "racism"/"nutjob"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies