Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2020, 11:55 AM

29,520 posts, read 14,684,728 times

Advertisements

So, other than the "Family Structure" part, is there anything wrong with striving to be like this, regardless of race ? Are they saying these things are bad ? Not really understanding why this would be in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2020, 11:59 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,601,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
Virtually everything on that poster is what has made us great. If you want a recipe for failure, then do the opposite of what that poster lists as “whiteness”. This is what the left wants-failure. A successful, free, confident culture will never succumb to Marxism. Their goal is to destroy our culture, make us ashamed, vilify our history, abolish our heroes, make us weak, divided, and ignorant. Then they can seize control and implement their dystopian vision. And just to be clear, when I use the words “we” and “us”, I am not referring to whites, I am referring to Americans of all races and ethnicities. The achievements of African-Americans, Asian Americans, Latino Americans, etc are just as much part of American culture and history, and therefore, western civilization, as the achievements of white Americans.
now in order to be 'woke', you'll have to avoid having an intact family, being on time, working hard, delaying gratification, being self-reliant, and believing in science.

sounds like a great plan, eh?

Old 07-15-2020, 12:06 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,080,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm reading the posting, and responding.

The posting compares the dominant white protestant way of looking at the world, and saying it's maybe not the only way, and other choices are acceptable also.

And yes, home ownership is probably a good way to "build wealth". If that's your goal. "Building wealth" isn't the goal of all people in all cultures - in some cultures, enjoying life and counting your blessings and singing and dancing together are their goals.

I do realize it's hard to let go of our protestant work ethic as "the only way". It's not the only way, but for some reason we're so entrenched that we believe it is.

(An aside, and maybe a whole different topic all together, is that it's called the Protestant Work ethic when the Christian bible clearly tells people not to accumulate wealth, and to only "give us this day our daily bread", yet Protestants work ethic dictates people spend the bulk of their energy until they're old and feeble accumulating possessions and money. Just a thought.)
LOL, nice way to pick and choose from Scripture. Jesus also relates the parable of the servants with the talents (a talent was actual money). The servant who multiplied his talents through fruitfulness and good stewardship was rewarded. The servant who did nothing with his talent was chastised (Matthew 14).

It's all well and good if someone or some culture wants to spend all their time "singing and dancing." Just don't ask me to pay for someone who isn't willing to work.

Old 07-15-2020, 12:08 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 13 days ago)

35,645 posts, read 18,006,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
ok so.... working hard is "white"

liking the scientific method is "white"

i dont want to get all debaty just yet but are these things considered bad? are these "white" ways of thinking needing change?
Yes. Working very hard to accumulate more and more possessions is white.

Yes. The scientific method is white, as a way to interpret the world around us. Other cultures interpret the world from a more spiritual way, like for example, Chinese medicine doesn't involve drugs but rather keeping energies in balance. Other cultures might seek information by appointing some wise members of their community, and seek their opinions when making decisions. Rather than, creating experiments or aligning data.

No one says our ways need to "change", and they won't, for us. White people, who are happy with our lives, obviously should keep doing what we're doing.

Just recognizing these are white ways is the whole value of that.

It's just a conversation starter.

Last edited by ClaraC; 07-15-2020 at 12:20 PM..

Old 07-15-2020, 12:10 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,887,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Wow...

This almost sounds like Cultural Marxist propaganda
Yeah really. It could've been titled the Aspect and Assumptions of the White Bourgeoisie and not skip a beat. It's a cultural revolution against White Protestants and their culture.

Old 07-15-2020, 12:11 PM

29,520 posts, read 14,684,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Yes. Working very hard to accumulate more and more possessions is white.

Yes. The scientific method is white, as a way to interpret the world around us. Other cultures interpret the world from a more spiritual way, like for example, Chinese medicine doesn't involve drugs but rather keeping energies in balance.

No one says they need to "change", and they won't, for us. White people, who are happy with our lives, obviously should keep doing what we're doing.

Just recognizing these are white ways is the whole value of that.

It's just a conversation starter.
Interesting.

So what are "black" ways ? "brown" ways ? "yellow" ways ? I thought adding color to things promotes exclusivity ?

Old 07-15-2020, 12:12 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 13 days ago)

35,645 posts, read 18,006,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
LOL, nice way to pick and choose from Scripture. Jesus also relates the parable of the servants with the talents (a talent was actual money). The servant who multiplied his talents through fruitfulness and good stewardship was rewarded. The servant who did nothing with his talent was chastised (Matthew 14).

It's all well and good if someone or some culture wants to spend all their time "singing and dancing." Just don't ask me to pay for someone who isn't willing to work.
I'm not picking and choosing from scripture, calgirl. I'm reading the Bible and not working really hard to ignore what is being said because it doesn't agree with what I want it to say.

And this is not the place to go off on the religious tangent I realize I started, but the "talent" symbolizes the gifts from God. Although the "talent" was a unit of money, Jesus didn't literally mean the people I gave money to invested their money and made more money. Those who used their gifts from God for the greater good were given more gifts.

Not money. Blessings. Skills.

Old 07-15-2020, 12:12 PM

18,482 posts, read 8,308,404 times
why does it seem that everything lately is designed to separate us?

plenty of black families have those exact same virtues....

since when is the only black culture....some backward criminal ghetto culture

Old 07-15-2020, 12:14 PM

3,040 posts, read 5,005,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
ok so.... working hard is "white"

liking the scientific method is "white"

i dont want to get all debaty just yet but are these things considered bad? are these "white" ways of thinking needing change?
According to the City of Seattle being white is offensive because of "white" values.
https://www.actforcanada.ca/l/seattl...or-is-a-crime/

Old 07-15-2020, 12:15 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,515,740 times
Based on that display, the museum is divisive and adding to the racial problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies