Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2020, 01:57 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Yes. The scientific method is white, as a way to interpret the world around us. Other cultures interpret the world from a more spiritual way, like for example, Chinese medicine doesn't involve drugs but rather keeping energies in balance. Other cultures might seek information by appointing some wise members of their community, and seek their opinions when making decisions. Rather than, creating experiments or aligning data.
How about when your mom needs a heart bypass you send her to your woke herb spiritualist and I'll send mine to a medical school trained surgeon, deal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2020, 02:09 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmmadude View Post
Not to hijack this thread but I wanted to address this:

Aegean and Egyptian societies had functional knowledge of poisons and medicines, probably from trial and error-type experiments. Egyptian papyrus scrolls written 1000-1500 years B.C. included significant knowledge of anatomy and medicine that could only have come from trial-and-error type experiments.

Ancient Greeks advanced mathematics significantly. They did not have the Scientific Method as we know it, but had concepts of what they called 'natural philosophy', which was the integration of science (as existing knowledge) with philosophy. Therefore, while they didn't have the experimentation piece, much of what they understood was established by deductive reasoning.

When Ancient Greece fell, and Rome fell, and Europe fell into the Dark Ages, much of the knowledge from Ancient Greece was adopted and perpetuated by Muslim scientists during the height of the Islamic Empire. This includes the foundation of the Scientific Method. Muslim scientists also made many contributions to mathematics, medicine and astronomy.

To be clear, it was Muslim scientists (see Al-Hazen) who structured the Scientific Method as we understand it today.

Once the Renaissance occurred and scientific endeavors were awakened in Europe again, the textbook Scientific Method was established, but it is not solely European and it is not "White".

In truth, the Scientific Method is not white, brown, black, Muslim, or Asian. It is a structured, step-by-step process of discovery through structured experiment, and is the evolution of a very natural process of questioning and testing, something that everyone does every day with menial tasks in every culture, we just don't realize it (and that was attributed to mammals in the quoted post).
You win the thread

Old 07-16-2020, 03:24 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,412,060 times
I went and read a lengthy article in the news about this, the more I read, the more it looks like a slam on the black community, lol.

Old 07-16-2020, 03:26 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
I will be destroying the two magazines they sent me. Glad I cancelled my membership today!

Old 07-16-2020, 04:00 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,396,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
And really, is it a great thing that in the past (this doesn't seem to be happening today) middle class white culture was all about work? That it was shameful to take leisure? That on Saturday, the man was expected to get up and mow his lawn and wash his car and pull the screens off the windows and hose them, after working 40 hours?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Working 40 hours in a week, and then mowing the lawn on Saturday. Washing the car! Oh, what horrible drudgery. Such a sad existence!

Can you even be for real?
All the while having food in the refrigerator, a lawn to mow, likely a wonderful family, a temperature controlled living space, indoor plumbing, reliable electricity, clean water, and no immediate threats looking to kill you and rip all of that from your grasp. And a couple of dollars for a beer or a soda with friends.

This unprecedented time of human safety and abundance, for anyone willing to work for the next generation to do a little better, is so awful that I can't stand it.

Even our poor largely have apartments, televisions, food, and federal college loan availability to fund their way to "not poor".

But let's deconstruct all of it because ???

I can't identify a single real product of anyone else that would be a compelling argument for adopting different values.

Old 07-16-2020, 04:03 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
And what is wrong with having 2.3 (gotta love the .3) children per family? I thought that was the responsible thing to do.

Old 07-16-2020, 04:06 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
And what is wrong with having 2.3 (gotta love the .3) children per family? I thought that was the responsible thing to do.
The 0.3 have to grow up to be Democrats.

Old 07-16-2020, 05:11 PM

16,587 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
We will see this more and more as those educated for their entire lives of the evilness of white culture start hitting the age where they are in charge and running things. We as a nation raised them, or allowed the schools to do it. We will now reap what we have sown.
Interesting you would put it that way, as presently the counter culture drugged out freaks for the 1960's, have infiltrated much of academia, and have been brainwashing our youth for a few decades now.

All one needs to do is look at what are roaming our streets these days, not knowing if a statue is of a great American hero or an evil Confederate Democrat.

`

Old 07-16-2020, 05:16 PM

16,587 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The 0.3 have to grow up to be Democrats.
I assume you two already know this, but the .3 is the bare minimum needed to maintain a family tree. If two people who are a couple only have 2.0 kids, it is unsustainable.
The 2.3 has been determined necessary at bare minimum to maintain current population levels.

Not growing the population/culture mind you, just to maintain working age population to take over for those who retire into their golden years.

`

Old 07-16-2020, 05:23 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I assume you two already know this, but the .3 is the bare minimum needed to maintain a family tree. If two people who are a couple only have 2.0 kids, it is unsustainable.
The 2.3 has been determined necessary at bare minimum to maintain current population levels.

Not growing the population/culture mind you, just to maintain working age population to take over for those who retire into their golden years.

`
Is this like a tree data structure?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies