Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the statement Black Lives Matter
I support the statement Black Lives Matter not the organization 48 27.59%
I support both the statement Black Lives Matter and the organization 16 9.20%
I don’t support the Black Lives Matter statement or the organization 97 55.75%
I don’t care 13 7.47%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2020, 02:20 PM

235 posts, read 114,285 times

Advertisements

There should be a big difference between the statement Black Lives Matter and the Black Lives Matter organization
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2020, 02:25 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,474,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Nice to know you saw my question and ran away from answering it.

At this point, I'm seeing your cowardice in answering questions that reveal too much about your ideology is a feature, not a flaw.
No, that's not it - although your accusation about my "ideology" (along with my cowardice, etc.) is. You are doing what leftists do: accuse people of being racist (and other negative stuff), while they themselves demonstrate it.

Old 07-19-2020, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Lol... And you're here trying to claim your opposition to BLM isn't racist, but claim that Black people lack values to succeed.

Yeah... You and Rachel are definitely birds of a feather.
What birds of a feather? Pointing out that blacks need to make changes in their own community is so verboten in your world? We have to side with the leftists who blame every single problem on whites and racism?

Old 07-19-2020, 06:17 PM

235 posts, read 114,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
No, that's not it - although your accusation about my "ideology" (along with my cowardice, etc.) is. You are doing what leftists do: accuse people of being racist (and other negative stuff), while they themselves demonstrate it.
Yea and people on the right support a man who said they were good Neo Nazis, and Neo Confederates in the Charlottesville protests. That says a lot about a lot of people

Old 07-19-2020, 06:23 PM

11,182 posts, read 10,960,959 times
Can Eddie or the OP answer my questions in post #181?

Old 07-19-2020, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nva06 View Post
Yea and people on the right support a man who said they were good Neo Nazis, and Neo Confederates in the Charlottesville protests. That says a lot about a lot of people
If you're going to bring up the lie from years ago - Neo Nazis fine people - then, bye-bye. Quite nervy as Democrats stand behind the racist, anti-Semitic BLM.

Old 07-19-2020, 06:36 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,604,980 times

Even Black people knows BLM is propaganda and hate group. They only show up to disrupt white people's livelihood while black neighborhoods are having murder after murder. When you tell liberals that they have blood on their hands they ignore the it and said it doesn't stop the police killing blacks. I guess it depends on who's keep the score card.

Blacks are attending funerals every week of blacks being gunned down by gun violence and these white BLM protestors are still disrupting police and want to abolish all police.

Old 07-19-2020, 06:46 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,283,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happly retired View Post
so if black lives matter why in the hell do they kill each other by the hundreds every month?

seems to me the movement is only political and all talk and until they stopping killing themselves i wont be part of this bs movement
And whites kill whites...yet whites have always mattered, regardless. Keep it straight.

Old 07-19-2020, 06:57 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,098,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Why does BLM protest white owned businesses? How is that not racist?

Why does BLM not call out the looting of black owned businesses by blacks and hold them accountable?

Why does BLM want to eradicate law enforcement instead of pushing for comprehensive police reform?

Why does BLM not be true to their name and focus on the #1 cause of black murders (other blacks)?

Why does BLM not call out the criminals that are vandalizing and destroying statues and monuments in their name?

BLM is a criminal enterprise at this point. They need to be treated as such.
I don't have an answer to nor do I understand your obscure question about protesting White owned businesses. Are they supposed to exempt from protests?

BLM had repeatedly called out rioting & looting as counter productive and not the purpose of the protests. They're not a police force, and combating looting is not their mission. What else do you want them do? Disband until looters stop looting?

BLM's solution to police is not too eradicate. It's to reinvest. If you read anything outside of Rightwing trash blogs, you'd probably know that.

BLM does not need to call out anyone committing crimes, whether that's looting, vandalism, or Black on Black crime, bc that's not their mission. Why is this so hard to get through your head. Their mission is police accountability & systemic abuses. They don't need to talk about anything else. If you think looting & graffiti is the most important issue, then go ahead and start your organization tackling that.

Old 07-19-2020, 07:05 PM

74 posts, read 243,770 times
It's pretty enlightening that 65% of respondents so far can not agree with the mere statement that black lives matter. After 19 pages I haven't seen anyone articulate that position though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies