Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the statement Black Lives Matter
I support the statement Black Lives Matter not the organization 48 27.59%
I support both the statement Black Lives Matter and the organization 16 9.20%
I don’t support the Black Lives Matter statement or the organization 97 55.75%
I don’t care 13 7.47%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2020, 07:06 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
No, that's not it - although your accusation about my "ideology" (along with my cowardice, etc.) is. You are doing what leftists do: accuse people of being racist (and other negative stuff), while they themselves demonstrate it.
Nah... I repeatedly give you opportunity to clarify or dispel your own racist posts, and you consistently decline to do it.

Unlike you to me, I can spell out exactly how you're racist, which is why I always ask you questions that I KNOW you won't answer bc doing that would lift the cover that you try to hide behind.

For example, I KNOW you're not going to answer my question about the NAACP bc that's going to shred your defense about why you're "opposed" to the BLM name...

Quote:
What birds of a feather? Pointing out that blacks need to make changes in their own community is so verboten in your world? We have to side with the leftists who blame every single problem on whites and racism?
Nah... We already community leaders addressing shortcomings in the community. If you're so concerned that it's not being addressed, then go help them. Ohhhh... But that would mean losing the trash talking point that BLM should focus their attention elsewhere ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2020, 07:09 PM

2,923 posts, read 978,068 times
Change the name to Jew Lives Matter? Just saying

Old 07-19-2020, 07:27 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Nah... I repeatedly give you opportunity to clarify or dispel your own racist posts, and you consistently decline to do it.

Unlike you to me, I can spell out exactly how you're racist, which is why I always ask you questions that I KNOW you won't answer bc doing that would lift the cover that you try to hide behind.

For example, I KNOW you're not going to answer my question about the NAACP bc that's going to shred your defense about why you're "opposed" to the BLM name...

Nah... We already community leaders addressing shortcomings in the community. If you're so concerned that it's not being addressed, then go help them. Ohhhh... But that would mean losing the trash talking point that BLM should focus their attention elsewhere ...
You don’t help your cause when you keep calling other people racist. Anyway, right now I’m busy with the BLM antisemitic attack thread.

That should give you a hint as to why I don’t have a problem with the NAACP and I do have a problem with the BLM hate group.

Old 07-19-2020, 07:29 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
You don’t help your cause when you keep calling other people racist. Anyway, right now I’m busy with the BLM antisemitic attack thread.

That should give you a hint as to why I don’t have a problem with the NAACP and I do have a problem with the BLM hate group.
Well, Rachel976, did you just see Ralph's post above? Using your rationale and quick response to call things anti-Semitic, why aren't you on his case then?

Old 07-19-2020, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well, Rachel976, did you just see Ralph's post above? Using your rationale and quick response to call things anti-Semitic, why aren't you on his case then?
I’m trying to reduce the number of snarky comments about Jews to which I respond. I can’t capture every single one, and there are PLENTY.

Old 07-19-2020, 07:41 PM

Quote:
I’m trying to reduce the number of snarky comments about Jews to which I respond. I can’t capture every single one, and there are PLENTY.
Nice try, but you're just exercising a double standard about your attention depending whether the poster's ideology aligns with you or not. Figured.

You were pretty darned quiet with Trump's behavior regarding the Pittsburgh synagogue shootings but will on the drop of a hat play the anti-Semitic card if the party is to the left of your political ideology.

Old 07-19-2020, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Nice try, but you're just exercising a double standard about your attention depending whether the poster's ideology aligns with you or not. Figured.

You were pretty darned quiet with Trump's behavior regarding the Pittsburgh synagogue shootings but will on the drop of a hat play the anti-Semitic card if the party is to the left of your political ideology.
Antisemitic card?? That phrase right there shows a lot of disdain for Jews. How would you react if a conservative told you to stop playing the racist card?

Are you aware that liberals are defending BLM against the antisemitic attacks in LA? They are outright denying them! And why? Because a far-left hate group, and black people, is behind them.

P.S. The Dems have turned on the Jews, and their support of the BLM haters is just another example of it. I’m sticking with Trump, who has been a great friend to Jews.

Last edited by Rachel976; 07-19-2020 at 08:07 PM..

Old 07-19-2020, 09:38 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
I don't have an answer to nor do I understand your obscure question about protesting White owned businesses. Are they supposed to exempt from protests?

BLM had repeatedly called out rioting & looting as counter productive and not the purpose of the protests. They're not a police force, and combating looting is not their mission. What else do you want them do? Disband until looters stop looting?

BLM's solution to police is not too eradicate. It's to reinvest. If you read anything outside of Rightwing trash blogs, you'd probably know that.

BLM does not need to call out anyone committing crimes, whether that's looting, vandalism, or Black on Black crime, bc that's not their mission. Why is this so hard to get through your head. Their mission is police accountability & systemic abuses. They don't need to talk about anything else. If you think looting & graffiti is the most important issue, then go ahead and start your organization tackling that.
Your first answer about protesting white businesses is a non answer. You know they do it so own up.

Answer to #2 is an astounding YES! Get your primitive sh*t in order.

#3 answer is BS. They want police eradicated entirely. Quit playing games.

#4 is F their mission. They are a hate group full and through. You're embrace of them tells me enough about you. Clean up their act and they may be respected. Currently, they are nothing more than a violent hate group. You are a militant black leftist in Chicago. I expect you to tow the hateful line they do.

Old 07-19-2020, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Antisemitic card?? That phrase right there shows a lot of disdain for Jews. How would you react if a conservative told you to stop playing the racist card?

Are you aware that liberals are defending BLM against the antisemitic attacks in LA? They are outright denying them! And why? Because a far-left hate group, and black people, is behind them.

P.S. The Dems have turned on the Jews, and their support of the BLM haters is just another example of it. I’m sticking with Trump, who has been a great friend to Jews.

Right on cue from you.

You just gratuitously weaponize anti-Semitism in the name of right wing ideology while turning a blind eye to your side.

Fortunately, you're an aberration and an outlier in terms of political allegiance among American Jewish voters, who vote anywhere from 70-75% Democratic and support positions that are diametrically opposite from yours. You and Stephen Miller, whose uncle has disowned and disavowed his nephew's xenophobia and racism.

And you might want to reconsider your boy Trump as being a friend to the Jews.

He's pretty much accused American Jews of disloyalty to Israel because more of them didn't vote for him, which treads dangerously close the old anti-Semitic canard of dual loyalty. He's refused to condemn neo-Nazis.

Your comments? Crickets.

Last edited by silverkris; 07-19-2020 at 11:27 PM..

Old 07-19-2020, 11:06 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,138,222 times
I have no qualms with agreeing that black lives matter. Clearly they do, and just as much as every other life matters. Life matters (whoddathunkit). That's not the conventional implication of the saying in contemporaneous usage, however, and it certainly isn't synonymous with the essence of the ghoulish organization (not necessarily to include all of its many individual members who operate to various extents under a grievous misapprehension).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies